Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

GOOD NEWS - ALL CLEAR

(26 Posts)
Granny23 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:58:13

Had a call last night from DH's Care Home, to tell me that the test results (all staff and residents tested) for covid had come back - ALL STAFF AND RESIDENTS NEGATIVE. Due to their stringent management and strict No Visitor rules they have had no cases and no deaths.

Yes, I know that caps are seen as shouting, but I do want to SHOUT THIS FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

Jane10 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:04:08

Good news indeed Granny23. Are you able to do some sort of a socially distanced visit?

Anniebach Sat 06-Jun-20 12:05:19

Good news Granny23

B9exchange Sat 06-Jun-20 12:06:53

So happy for you, what a relief!

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 12:09:26

Staggered visiting should now take place----by way of an experiment to see what happens.

Grannybags Sat 06-Jun-20 12:12:37

Good news Granny23 You are allowed to shout about it!

Granny23 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:16:59

No Jane it has been hard but worth it when you see the results. We can arrange ZOOM calls which are a bit hit and miss. Sometimes Ian does not know who I am and being increasingly deaf finds it hard to hear what I am saying. It was our 54th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday. I handed in a card, flowers from our garden and his favourite chocolates. Then went home for a prearranged Zoom call which had to be aborted because of low signal. Home called back, just as I sat down to my piping hot tea. The connection was better, though not perfect and He said "Is that you (my name)? then proceeded to have fits of giggles because I kept disappearing and reappearing. He also apologised for forgetting our anniversary and laughed when I replied 'No change there then' Finished the call blowing kisses'. So all's well that ends well.

Orangerose Sat 06-Jun-20 12:17:12

Very happy for you ?

Granny23 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:26:59

EllanVannin Staggered visiting should now take place----by way of an experiment to see what happens.

Says who? You want my Beloved to be part of a life threatening experiment?

Thanks to everyone else for rejoicing with me.

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 13:00:17

For the sake of everyone Granny23 not the way you took it hmm

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 13:04:10

The only way of tracking down this virus is to see just how it's transmitted when everyone is free of it, when, or until a stranger from outside appears in their midst.

I'd like to know, wouldn't you Granny23 ?

Jane10 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:05:42

It would be nice if, on a nice sunny day, you could have a wee meet up in the garden. I'm sure just seeing you in person and hearing your voice would do him good.
Some care homes are setting up gazebo type structures for these meetings but the weather isn't great I here just now.

Jane10 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:06:56

That's 'up here' not I here!

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jun-20 13:09:31

We're ALL being used as experiments by obeying rules aren't we ? Those who obey rules don't get it, those who flout, get it.

Jane10 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:12:09

But some who flout don't get it!

Bathsheba Sat 06-Jun-20 13:32:05

That's wonderful news, such a relief for you. I'm not surprised you want to shout it from the rooftops!

dragonfly46 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:39:06

My mum's home is also all clear despite another care home in the same town testing positive.
I am not allowed to visit but the care staff keep me regularly updated. She does not know me when I do go but knowing she is well cared for is wonderful.

Granny23 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:50:45

DH's home is a Council run one. where everything is done by the book and all the staff are fully qualified. Meanwhile the Private, "run for profit" Care Home in the next village has had 14 Deaths in the last 3 weeks.

Jane10 Sat 06-Jun-20 22:03:50

That's extremely sad for the 14 families affected. Not everyone can get into a council care home.

midgey Sat 06-Jun-20 22:07:25

Phew, what a relief! You must be thrilled.

Callistemon Sat 06-Jun-20 22:29:18

That is good news Granny23

I do hope that you may be able to have meetings in the garden soon even if they have to be distanced, although that could be more difficult than not seeing each other.

Namsnanny Sat 06-Jun-20 23:06:31

Very happy for you both Granny23 smile and for the home and staff.
They must be proud of themselves.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Granny23 Sun 07-Jun-20 09:28:27

Oh Dear! Now I am in trouble. I also posted the news of the All Clear on my own facebook page, rather than send individual messages to family, friends and neighbours. I had about 50 responses and umpteen people shared the post, spreading the news.

This morning I have had a message from the Care Home saying that while I am at liberty to share news about DH it is a breach of confidentiality to share information about the other residents and staff. Asked me to delete the post immediately, which I have done, but what about all the people who shared it, adding their own comments? Should I ask GN HQ to delete this thread too?

Callistemon Sun 07-Jun-20 10:09:20

We don't know which care home it is Granny23 or even the location, or your name, so I wouldn't worry about confidentiality on here.
I think they are being over-cautious because unless you named other residents, you have not breached their confidentiality either.

There have been many care homes on the news, at least one in our region where the staff moved in and locked down with the residents therefore had no cases.
They filmed there, showed one or two residents but not all of them.

You could delete your FB post.

Kalu Sun 07-Jun-20 10:19:44

Wonderful news for you Granny23. This will give you such peace of mind now thankfully after what must have been such a worrying time. Good stuff.

Understandable you wanted to share your good news and such good news for us in Scotland so I for one am delighted to share your good news.