Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Boris going to India

(66 Posts)
overthehill Fri 16-Apr-21 19:43:18

Bearing in mind we are discouraged from travelling abroad because of the virus, should the PM be travelling to India with their numbers soaring. Risking himself and entourage and possibly bringing infection back here

EllanVannin Fri 16-Apr-21 19:52:28

Just what we need ! The world's gone potty.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 16-Apr-21 20:08:16

There is a nasty variant in India which has already made its presence felt here.

Are there any rules Johnson recognises?

Doodledog Fri 16-Apr-21 20:12:02

I hope he has to quarantine under strict conditions on his return.

Kamiso Fri 16-Apr-21 20:16:01

Perhaps he’s going to try and sort out the mess that Macron created.

BlueBelle Fri 16-Apr-21 20:19:16

India is in the middle of a very bad new strain
The mans ab idiot I hope he stays there

MayBee70 Fri 16-Apr-21 20:19:44

Has he ran out of photo shoot opportunities in this country? A chance to wear different costumes perhaps? Is he taking his official photographer (or is it two?) with him?

Redhead56 Fri 16-Apr-21 20:24:54

No it’s not what we need the virus is rampant there the man is a total d....head.

trisher Fri 16-Apr-21 20:27:17

I was hoping when I read the thread title that he'd had a Maharishi moment and he was off 'to find himself'and wouldn't be back! Ah well I can dream!

suziewoozie Fri 16-Apr-21 20:29:28

No doubt we’ll see him dressed up in various types of fancy dress. He’s an absolute f***wit for going and remember he’ll be taking a huge group of people with him as well ( but maybe not Jennifer). It’ll be interesting to see how the mice play whilst he’s gone. Gove is still unbelievably quiet and invisible so is clearly upto something

EllanVannin Fri 16-Apr-21 20:39:42

It'll serve him right to catch what I caught in Dec.2019 when two women from India were visiting relatives here for Christmas, coughing spitting and spluttering in a hospital bay opposite to where I was !
He'll know about it then as he only had a taste of the virus.

Returnofthemc Fri 16-Apr-21 20:44:20

After all our efforts...
This guy thinks it's ok to visit a country where the virus is rampant
Apparently, this particular strain may by vaccine resistant
It beggars belief

Shinamae Fri 16-Apr-21 20:46:16

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️..... you really couldn’t make it up.....

EllanVannin Fri 16-Apr-21 21:45:30

The red flag should go up for India---a no-go area !

Ellianne Fri 16-Apr-21 22:05:28

Madness, but same for all the leaders coming here to the G7 summit a fortnight later. What are they thinking?

Astu Fri 16-Apr-21 22:07:17

Ridiculous and there will be no quarantine as diplomatic travel. How many are going. Over a week now since New Zealand stopped their own citizens from coming from India into their strict quarantine because so many had COVID when they got to NZ.

Ellianne Fri 16-Apr-21 22:07:34

Oops a month or so later - June.

Iam64 Sat 17-Apr-21 08:25:24

trisher

I was hoping when I read the thread title that he'd had a Maharishi moment and he was off 'to find himself'and wouldn't be back! Ah well I can dream!

Thanks - this made me smile when I was in Outrage mode

Sarnia Sat 17-Apr-21 08:30:41

Boris thinks he is teflon coated, basking in the glory of the vaccine figures. He wants to cement a trade deal with India and then tell us what a wonderful thing Brexit is.

FarNorth Sat 17-Apr-21 08:50:58

His sense of entitlement is disgusting.

PippaZ Sat 17-Apr-21 08:59:56

This is so depressing. One stupid decision after another with always a view to the main chance.

He will probably kill most of us off eventually either by CV or starvation.

In the long run, I don't mind if he goes to India - as long as he doesn't come back.

Shropshirelass Sat 17-Apr-21 09:06:57

I, I don’t think he should go!

Greeneyedgirl Sat 17-Apr-21 09:09:30

Me too Iam grin

Ellianne Sat 17-Apr-21 09:11:11

I think, madness though it is, we just need to get used to it. Putin, Macron and many other delegates will be meeting in St. Petersburg in June. So it goes on.

Alegrias1 Sat 17-Apr-21 09:13:35

Over-reacting much?

I don't think he should go, it looks completely wrong just now and I'm sure he could do what he needs to by video conferencing. But let's not go mad.

He won't be mixing with the crowds on the banks of the Ganges. The new strain first seen in India has been in this country since 22nd February. Its not vaccine resistant.

And as for wishing Covid on him EV, and underplaying how ill he was, the man was ill enough to go into Intensive Care for a few days last year.