Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

WHO will you be hugging?

(22 Posts)
MawBe Sun 16-May-21 10:35:02

I know we have had two (?) threads already about the possibility of hugging but specifically, who will you be hugging tomorrow?
For Nigel Farage it’s his local pub landlord (poor chap)
For Joanna Lumley
I shall be hugging anyone I can get my hands on. I shall snatch babies from their mothers, and lean over zimmer frames; I shall hug girls at the till and lads playing football in the park. Much later, obviously, I shall be hugging police personnel as I am charged at the station. Hugger-mugger, that’s me
Mary Berry will perhaps more conservatively be hugging her daughter.
But in a couple of words, for you, who and (as if we need ask) why ?

ginny Sun 16-May-21 10:42:13

Just my nearest and dearest as and when I see them.
If I spot Joanna Lumley I shall beat a hasty retreat in the opposite direction.

Galaxy Sun 16-May-21 10:45:47

I will run screaming from both Farage and Joanna Lumley grin

Calendargirl Sun 16-May-21 10:53:18

No plans to hug anyone actually.

Witzend Sun 16-May-21 10:56:40

Won’t be seeing anyone to hug, except dh if he brings me a cup of tea first thing. ?

M0nica Sun 16-May-21 10:56:49

I will be hugging DS, DDiL and DGC when they arrive here on May 31st, all the adults will have been double jabbed. Also DD, in our bubble, who we will see on May 28th.

DD has always been on hugging terms but we haven't hugged or kissed the rest of the family since last February. We did see them last July, but we placed hugging and kissing outside the limits.

recklessgran Sun 16-May-21 11:05:05

I will just be hugging my AC and my darling DGC. Ditto my DSis and BIL whom I'm seeing on Friday for the first time in over a year.

Auntieflo Sun 16-May-21 11:08:33

Next Saturday is my birthday, and DD is arranging for DS1 and DS2 to all meet up in her garden.
If, and it is a big if, my youngest grandson will allow it, I will have a hug from him, but blood and stone come to mind.

Kate1949 Sun 16-May-21 12:39:58

As I said on another thread, I don't get the hugging thing. Cuddling children and grandchildren is lovely but I've never been keen on hugging all and sundry.

Charleygirl5 Sun 16-May-21 12:43:14

Absolutely nobody.

shysal Sun 16-May-21 12:44:16

Nobody!

Jaxjacky Sun 16-May-21 12:48:57

MOnica ditto, although we’ve seen DD and GC’s, last summer and doorstep, no hugs, but I will tomorrow when they’ve finished school. And my friend, who lives on his own when I see him.

grumppa Sun 16-May-21 12:54:32

Where can I find Joanna Lumley?

Liz46 Sun 16-May-21 13:02:30

Auntieflo, my grandson doesn't like Nana kisses and cuddles any more either although he is very happy to chat. Never mind, his sister might make up for him.

3nanny6 Sun 16-May-21 13:13:09

Perhaps my son if I see him today. I will hug my dogs something l do everyday.

Cabbie21 Sun 16-May-21 13:35:43

Probably nobody.
My daughter and I don’t normally. My son and his family do, but as their teenage son has not been vaccinated, I think it is too risky.
As far as friends and acquaintances are concerned, I hope the pandemic means we don’t start hugging again( those that did ).

nanaK54 Sun 16-May-21 13:37:19

I intend to go full on Joanna! grin
No not really, I will limit my hugging to my AC, my GC and my sister.

nanaK54 Sun 16-May-21 13:37:52

grumppa

Where can I find Joanna Lumley?

grin

Sar53 Sun 16-May-21 13:42:27

I'm going to stay with my youngest daughter , SIL and two granddaughters on Wednesday, after not having seen them for 9 months. If my granddaughters and daughter want a hug then I will be hugging them. I've had both jabs and feel we have to start living again.

Bridie22 Sun 16-May-21 13:57:43

Whoever comes through the door first smile

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-May-21 13:58:58

Sar53

I'm going to stay with my youngest daughter , SIL and two granddaughters on Wednesday, after not having seen them for 9 months. If my granddaughters and daughter want a hug then I will be hugging them. I've had both jabs and feel we have to start living again.

Enjoy your hugs ?

lemongrove Sun 16-May-21 15:36:10

Youngest DGS has been asking for weeks now when he can hug us, so going to give him a double hug and a kiss on his little head this week.??