Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Cinderella - The Gransnet Panto!

(222 Posts)
susiecb Tue 27-Dec-11 15:49:43

The opening scene is the second best batroom in the house of the Ugly Sisters Uglier Sister, Chlamydia a raddled old crone with a whiskery chin and a large bristly moustache and heaven knows what else in the way of hirsutisim. She hollers out to the family maidservant.

" CINDERS" Get your skinny legs up these stairs and do my back and bring a new razor with you. I want to look my best for the Ball tonight. Prince Charming doesn't like hairy women."

Annobel Thu 29-Dec-11 17:23:01

Hasn't this panto brought out the hidden talents of so many poetic grans! Nice work, OGM thanks grin

Oldgreymare Thu 29-Dec-11 14:07:32

The panto's over and what a blast!
Amazing script, terrific cast.
Hang on, the panto season's over?
Stop those girls 'er they reach Dover.
How's about another go?
Same cast, same script another show.
You've left us wanting so much more,
So how about it, take the floor.
Pompa missed it what a shame,
He'd make a wonderful panto dame.
And super with legs that reach the skies
(plenty of practise, hospital wise!)
Now Baggy she must play a part,
Cinderella with lots of heart,
She'd tell Prince Charming where to go
She'd make the costumes too, you know.
What about Biker, her steed of iron
She'd whisk him off, the shoe to try-on.

Visitors expected... just as well! Nothing like Carol's amazing rap! xx

Joan Thu 29-Dec-11 13:39:56

And I, Belle of St Trinians, took one look at the prince and realised, like Cindy, that I could do better, so I flashed my - er - assets at the entrepreneur who organised the whole ball (Princely balls are a major franchise and he's the boss man of the lot) and now he's my pathway into the ranks of the rich and shameless - well, as soon as I've finished my A levels anyway....

I did hear that Princy pranced off with Cinder's Dad, and is going to replace wicked stepmother chez Cindy. The ugly sisters have joined an order of nuns - the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (check out the Sidney Mardi Gras for their story) They'll have a double triple fit when they realise what the sisters stand for, but that's another story. I'd like to be a fly on the convent wall, but my imagination will have to suffice.

Ooooooo, but it's a long bike ride back to school....I guess I'll have to behave myself till my nether region get less numb.

Here's to the future - may we all have a ball!!!!

em Thu 29-Dec-11 10:40:26

Yes Carol it did get a bit confusing but we didn't argue when Cinders decided she preferred the coachman and headed off into the sunset with him - the prince didn't deserve her cos he was a real wimp! Loved the rap!!

Carol Thu 29-Dec-11 08:44:59

Aaah! Now I understand - that was the wackiest Cinderella story I've ever seen x

Oxon70 Thu 29-Dec-11 05:02:54

'Slipper? Wot slipper? You don't think I leave my Jimmy Choos around all over the place do you?'

Annobel Wed 28-Dec-11 20:06:29

Aww! I missed it. When I got home my laptop was full of dire warnings about what would happen if I didn't immediately update my malware software and run a full virus check. By the time I'd done all that and opened all my mail and email, you'd all pushed off to the pub! Sounds as of you had a lot of fun. Cheers! have one on me.

Carol Wed 28-Dec-11 19:53:11

When did the prince come and fit the lost slipper on Cinders' foot? I missed everything after she went to the ball....................

Faye Wed 28-Dec-11 19:41:58

blush I fell asleep and have just woken
The cast have left and have not spoken.

em Wed 28-Dec-11 17:52:47

Bye Oxon you did a grand job. We couldn't have coped without you. Straight home and straight to bed ?

Oxon70 Wed 28-Dec-11 17:30:44

Bye.

Oxon70 Wed 28-Dec-11 17:30:25

....Shomebody carry me home.....................................................

em Wed 28-Dec-11 17:04:34

Check the context Oxon - bet you haven't been this shloshed for years. Drink renders us immature and irresponsible therefore shilly girlies!! (but just for a little while)
Sending tiddly hugs to all party-cipants!! NO party c pants! NO par tea sip ants!
Everyone who took part!

Oxon70 Wed 28-Dec-11 16:48:07

Here'sh to the women....haven't been a girl for yearshhh...hic

em Wed 28-Dec-11 16:41:06

My these G&T's are tasty. Each one better than the last! D'you know, girls, on reflection, we done good but what about those wimps of men?
Buttons turned out fairly feckless, Baron Hardup was a big dissie and the Prince was more Cheesey than Charming. Here's to the girls!

Ariadne Wed 28-Dec-11 15:41:41

Mine's a G&T! Kids all partying so I've got a minute.

em Wed 28-Dec-11 14:58:46

Hope so. Looking forward to a chummy chat with Carla!

Oxon70 Wed 28-Dec-11 14:55:47

Oh wow - are those cancan dancers gonna be down the pub too?

bagitha Wed 28-Dec-11 14:52:42

OK. On my way. Just what I need anyway. Blimmin' tax forms.

em Wed 28-Dec-11 14:51:33

Down the pub Baggy!

bagitha Wed 28-Dec-11 14:50:03

oh. sad

Is there an evening performance?

bagitha Wed 28-Dec-11 14:49:26

Right! I've done my tax return. Can I join in? The dancing bits can't be over.

Oxon70 Wed 28-Dec-11 14:47:32

Everybody Brava.
(peeking from behind the curtain, since no dress....)
Find me a cloak, someone, and I'll walk home with the Horse and the Cat....
- and get dressed and join you at the pub!!

JessM Wed 28-Dec-11 14:32:39

brava brava

em Wed 28-Dec-11 14:25:08

Wow - that's done then. Down the pub, girls? Is there an evening performance?