Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 3rd December weigh in.

(51 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 03-Dec-12 07:52:33

Sorry everyone did not get chance to get on last night to put up thread and its Monday Morning Madness in here this morning. shock See you later in the day.

Good luck.

Sbagran Mon 03-Dec-12 08:19:42

Great start for the challenge this week Glass 150.8lbs - a loss of about 2lbs if you went by the amended Monday morning weight but on my chart where I record my weight every Sunday (whether I like it or not grin!) it is a loss of about 4lbs so that's what I'm settling for!!!
I think you went for the lower figure?
First Christmas meal tonight and another on Saturday so I am delighted to have had the losses of the past few weeks as I know will put some on over the Christmas period. Hope we are going to have our period of grace that we had last year pretty please! wink
A word of encouragement to new losers - I started MFP on 24th July and since then I have lost 1stone and 2lbs. It has been a brilliant help to me as my portion sizes were a bit suspect and by typing in my intended food I have been able to amend the 'over the top' bits.
Good luck to everyone else this week and THANK YOU Glass so much for all your encouragement in keeping us all focussed flowers

Marelli Mon 03-Dec-12 08:20:14

Think I'm round about the same as last week, glass. Bought new digital scales from Amazon as I couldn't read my weight on my cheap mechanical ones as the markings were so small. The new ones weighed me differently each time I got on...and half-a-stone heavier too shock so I've sent them back! I'll just have to gauge it with my cheapies and bend over to try and read it - that'll be a bonny sight, too blushgrin!

Anne58 Mon 03-Dec-12 09:42:53

It looks like a loss of 2lbs for me, will check Digby when he comes in from his constitutional.

Movedalot Mon 03-Dec-12 11:23:42

Well done sba and Phoenix good for you.

Marelli I have to stay on my digital scales until they start to flash to show what my weight is.

I have lost what I put on last week but still have to lose the holiday weight. Its going to be hard this week as tonight starts the celebrations with a champagne reception and the rest of the week is full of parties! I am so busy with Christmas preparations that I don't have time to go to the gym so will just have to get some self control from somewhere.

Feel free to nag me everyone, I need the motivation! smile

granjura Mon 03-Dec-12 11:57:30

Winter has arrived big time, and I have really felt the need to eat to keep warm. Put back a couple of pounds, so have to be careful. But have no intention of trying to lose weight over the winter- just not put too much back on. Spring will be the time to start again.

Anne58 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:17:40

Oh dear, I think Digby has had the same idea as granjura , he has gained the 4oz that he lost last week!

Jodi Mon 03-Dec-12 12:47:31

Forgot to log in last week, up to my ears in work and writing bid for next funding stream. Lost 1lb since last weigh in smile

Sewsilver Mon 03-Dec-12 19:30:44

Lost another 2lb but mainly hospital visiting and now looking after DH at home. I also had unpleasant time myself in hospital last week. My clothes definitely feel more comfortable.Wish I could manage to lose weight when life going well. Sbagran your loss is inspiring. Glass I'm so glad this thread is here.

Marelli Mon 03-Dec-12 20:45:27

Movedalot, the scales seemed as if they were going to be really good, and they flashed on and off until they settled to a weight, but the weight was different each time. I'd made sure the floor was level, so I think they were just faulty.

Notsogrand Tue 04-Dec-12 08:42:09

After a week on a very low carb diet, I've lost 4lbs (chuffed to bits emoticon!) It's not the easiest of regimes (not least because it means no wine) but the results are worth it. Hopefully a few more pounds to come off yet, to give me some wiggle room over the festive season.
Lots of good results being posted this week (it's that glass cracking her Christmas whip! grin)
Well done and good luck everyone!

Sbagran Tue 04-Dec-12 10:03:39

Great to hear from you again Sewsilver I missed you, although you may have been on other threads? You were a great inspiration to me when I first started as I remember you were so frustrated because of not being able to move due to pain. You were (and I am sure still are!) such a fighter and such an inspiration but thank you for your compliment and I really hope all goes well with you and DH as it's so hard at times like this to keep motivated. flowers
I am delighted with my weight loss but I am sure it is down to the continual support of this thread and my trusty My Fitness Pal!
One word of warning girls - had our first Christmas do last night. We had a leisurely meal in our tried and trusted restaurant and a single wine spritzer sufficed, so I am sure that there was nothing wrong with the food etc. However, I was a bit poorly when we got home sad
Having (more or less) kept to my 1200 calories allotted to me by MFP for about five months I really believe that my stomach has got used to smaller meals and without realising it last night I overloaded it? I was fine until we got home when I suddenly felt really 'full'. I was then a little bit poorly - more sad - but was absolutely fine afterwards and today!
Worth bearing in mind that perhaps our stomachs can't cope with what was our usual lifestyle?

GrannyK Tue 04-Dec-12 10:57:46

Hurrah!

Lost the 1lb I had put on last week. Probabaly because I went berserk in the garden over the weekend for a good three hours . Certainly felt better when I came back in ( if very chilly !)

This puts me very slightly under my Target Weight - a happy place to be !- and looking forward to Christmas . (Though thanks to the precise nature of MFP database probably not as many mince pies from various different venues as I usually allow myself )

Keep it up everyone

glassortwo Tue 04-Dec-12 22:40:29

Sorry everyone, I have not been able to get weighed this week or even to read any of the posts since posting on Monday morning, my Mum was rushed into hospital, I am bushed so I apologise and I will try to get back tomorrow to read all your results.

Sbagran Wed 05-Dec-12 07:05:05

Glass - I am sure this is from all of us - please do not worry about us - we are NOT your priority!
Concentrate on your Mum and on yourself - we all hope she gets well again really soon. flowers flowers to you both.

Notsogrand Wed 05-Dec-12 07:22:17

glass......love and best wishes to you and your Mum. x

Jodi Wed 05-Dec-12 08:14:47

How worrying for glass (((hugs)))

Sewsilver Wed 05-Dec-12 16:17:18

Glass hope your Mum is being well looked after

janeainsworth Wed 05-Dec-12 16:48:20

Glass so sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she is better soon x

Notsogrand Thu 06-Dec-12 08:34:16

Morning everyone! smile Glass is tied up visiting hospital where her Mum is responding to treatment, so bumping this up and just checking back...I think our running total will go up a bit......?

Notsogrand Thu 06-Dec-12 09:42:07

I was right, it has been a good week so far!

Sbagran 4lbs is brilliant! You have done so well since the summer and are always so encouraging to eveyone else! smile

Marelli, staying the same is still an achievement! Will you try another set of digital scales? They're so much more accurate and easier to read. When they work properly! grin

Phoenix, fab that you've lost another 2lbs...way to go! Let us know how your interview goes today.....we're thinking of you smile

Movedalot, it's great that you've lost the pound you put on last week....good focus! You'll still be able to enjoy some goodies at your Christmas parties and you'll be back in the gym before you know it grin

Granjura, you know you have to be sensible so tuck into those warming meals! I hope the weather where you are isn't too bad smile

Digby.....what do I say to a dog? Woof! grin

Jodi, well done with your pound loss and good luck with your funding bid! smile

Sewsilver, 2lbs off is a great achievement! When your clothes start to feel a bit looser, it really spurs you on! smile

GrannyK....Hurrah indeed! A pound lost and just under your target weight will give you a bit of wiggle room over Christmas grin

I've gone a bit overboard with the Christmas hats gringringrin

Bearing in mind that I never came within 100 miles of a maths 'O' level, I make that....

This week's total 11.10lbs

Challenge to date 61.75 lbs

Between us, we've lost the equivalent of a medium sized grandchild! grin

Well done everyone....keep going flowers

Movedalot Thu 06-Dec-12 11:36:00

Been offline since Tuesday early evening so a bit late Glass to say that I hope you Mum will soon be well. It must be such a worry for you.

Thanks Notso for stepping in so well for Glass , you are doing a great job.

Everyone I'm sorry that I have not contributed to this wonderful loss you have all achieved. I'm having trouble not gaining masses let alone losing any! Perhaps 2013 will be less sociable and more gym grin I really need to get to a normal BMI.

Notsogrand Thu 06-Dec-12 22:38:12

Bumping for isthis to find us smile

isthisallthereis Fri 07-Dec-12 08:06:19

Found you. Cheers Notsogrand

GAINED pound and a half this week grrr. I've had a virus for much of the past two weeks so have been very inactive. Eg no swimming sessions. But have been doing exercises in the bathroom every morning first thing and will now have a Slimming World blitz in the next two weeks to Christmas.

So - NO cakes and NO alcohol. Watch this space!! Am feeling optimistic that I will get firmly back on course and will acheive weight loss again very soon.

Notsogrand Fri 07-Dec-12 12:44:54

Always annoying to gain a little isthis, but you've been unwell. You've got the determination to get back on course and you'll soon be able to turn this around!