Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 22nd Aug weigh in.

(30 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 21-Aug-11 23:25:16

All ready for you to record your results, good luck.

janreb Mon 22-Aug-11 09:17:57

Well just hovering on the 9st mark, had hoped to get below this week but at least it is still in the right direction - hope next week is the breakthrough. Good luck everyone.

glammanana Mon 22-Aug-11 09:26:24

Shock!! Horror on Friday when I did my weigh in I had put on 1 Ib,I don't know how I've managed to do this,but never mind will try again this week.

Notsogrand Mon 22-Aug-11 10:20:47

I've lost just 1lb this week. That makes a total of one and a half stones lost since we started in May. Slow, but steady. grin

glassortwo Mon 22-Aug-11 10:50:12

Well done notso you are doing so well,
janreb keep it up it all adds up.
glamma dont worry it may level out next week, keep it up.

GrannyK Tue 23-Aug-11 10:10:53

The wedding and christening over the weekend were absolutely beautiful, and I am determined to stay calm about the fact that I put on 2 lbs (well you obviously have to have a piece of wedding/christening cake and apart from the dancing at the wedding there really wasn't much exercise involved over the past few days !) I definitely achieved the goal of being the least I have weighed for years for the events and now it is just a question of losing this extra bit again and then maintaining the loss long-term ........

GoldenGran Tue 23-Aug-11 10:18:33

GrannyK glad the wedding and christening were fun, you'll lose that weight no problem. I have lost 1lb and have a long way to go!

lucid Tue 23-Aug-11 11:03:04

Forgot to weigh myself yesterday....jumped on the scales this morning, no loss and no gain. Just need to shift another 3lb! Will keep on going.
Well done Notso and glad you had a good time GrannyK .

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 11:04:42

Well done Golden 1lb great wink

GrannyK glad you enjoyed the wedding and christening,I too had a very busy weekend with wedding celebrations and DS moving house so I will get weighed on Wed at class but I am expecting a gain but dont worry about it will come off again,and the way I am feeling it may be more than your 2lb grin

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 11:05:54

lucid you will get that 3lb off just keep going. smile

Annobel Tue 23-Aug-11 12:57:33

A pound off since last week, so the holiday weight is starting to come off.

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 12:59:38

glamma all I am going to say is roast potatoes wink

Annobel 1lb there you go its doesnt take long once you get back, well done.

davinator Tue 23-Aug-11 13:17:42

Hi, congratulations to you all, you seem to be doing so well, I have stayed the same for 3 weeks running, although lots of social occassions in there but amazed at how much some of you have lost did I read that someone has lost a stone plus since May I have lost 3lb since I started this, obviously not trying hard enough but your messages have given me inspiration and motivation so back on it again. Just of to afternoon tea and cake at a friends opening of her new summer house party, pouring down with rain but that won't stop me eating cake.

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 13:28:30

davin enjoy your summer house party, and yes notso has lost 1 1/2 stone since May, which is amazing I am so pleased for her. But even loosing 3 lb is a loss so dont put yourself down grin

glammanana Tue 23-Aug-11 13:51:18

glass it was not me honest they tried to temp me with fried roast potato's and I would never think of doing that (honest!!!) if I say honest enough I will believe it myself

glassortwo Tue 23-Aug-11 13:55:40

I believe you glamma grin I always told my kids I had eyes in the back of my head....they did sound good though!!!!

glassortwo Wed 24-Aug-11 21:48:42

Yessss stayed the same dont know how after the wedding on Saturday the food was out of this world, the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet. So I can not believe it!!! And of course I did have a glass or two of red which is fatal for me. I am off to London to have a girly get together with my two sisters on Saturday until next Wednesday so be good mind I will be watching grin

yogagran Wed 24-Aug-11 23:37:29

Have fun glass, sounds like a good time ahead. Think I will have to come back to join you again if you'll have me, as I feel the eating is getting out of hand. Wish I could convince myself that I had more willpower, I do feel that this diet business is very much "in the mind"

glassortwo Wed 24-Aug-11 23:52:22

Thanks yoga come and join us your more than welcome, and its true you have to want and be ready to set about loosing weight, it is about your frame of mind.

dolphin Thu 25-Aug-11 12:43:24

I haven't posted for a few weeks - here's the reason. I started quite well and lost 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks but then got stuck and then started going UP and now I weigh 6 lbs more than when I started - ie 9lbs gain shock. However in June my GP suggested I started some antidepressants (I lost my husband last year and I am still finding it very difficult to cope - in fact I sobbed all over my GP when I had gone to talk to him about something else entirely - hence his suggestion about the antidepressants.) I at last read the leaflet with the tablets (I hate reading them because they are always so doom-mongering and I don't want to think myself into the worst side effects) and - guess what - weight gain comes high on the list of side effects - so perhaps it is not entirely my weak-minded ability to adhere to the diet that is at fault but my weak-minded need for antidepressants hmm.
Anyway I am seeing my GP this afternoon to discuss changing the tablets (they are helping so it is probably sensible to stay on them for a while)
I'll keep trying to eat sensibly and log in regularly again to record the weight. It does help to have encouragement but I hope you can see why I stopped contributing!

Zephrine Thu 25-Aug-11 13:23:14

Dolphin It is not weak minded to need antidepressants. They are medication for an illness just as you would take insulin for diabetes. You are having a difficult time right now and you body is responding accordingly. I have always found weight gain to be a problem when taking AD's but the benefits outweigh the problems. When you are feeling better and more able to cope with lifes difficulties then you can start to deal with your weight. One thing at a time smile

dolphin Thu 25-Aug-11 13:31:38

Thank you, Zephrine, for your kind response - you are right. I will try not to be too hard on myself.

Jacey Thu 25-Aug-11 14:25:05

Well said Zephrine ...keep taking the tablets dolphin ...get yourself back on an even keel first ...sorry about the loss of your husband ...these things can take a huge toll on us - for a long time sad

Zephrine Thu 25-Aug-11 14:39:08

I was listening Jacey smile

goldengirl Thu 25-Aug-11 17:35:50

Another few ounces gone and quite a few more to go yet! On I go smile