Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 6th Feb weigh in

(84 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 06-Feb-12 07:35:10

Goodmorning hope you are all full of beans this morning.

Good luck everyone.

Carol Wed 08-Feb-12 22:57:01

Typical man! I hope he is improving now gracesmum.

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 22:36:55

grace men think they are invincible and a stroll to the loo is fine even when they have been told not to move. Hope he behaves grin

Those beds without TV are a disgrace, my Father in Law spent a good few days in a bed without a TV, the fittings were all there but no TV, even if he was not watching at least you could ring and have a chat. It makes the days never ending for them. I took my Kindle in to see if he could use it, he has glaucoma so it was really useful changing the font so he didnt need his glasses but now he is home I cant seem to be able to drag it off him.

gracesmum Wed 08-Feb-12 22:05:22

Thanks glass he was transferred to Cardiac Care Unit last night (to his disgust he had just charged up his TV card - or rather I had- so he could watch the Raymond Blanc prog when they moved him to a bed WITHOUT A TV. He's not really a TV person apart form the rugby and cookery porgrammes, but it's back to books for a bit now. When I arrived he was confined to bed for the day as he had had a fainting "episode" on his way back from the bathroom. So he got told off for not behaving.

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 21:37:37

grace you have a lot on at the minute, its understandable that watching you weight is the last thing on your mind, we are all here to help if we can. How is your DH ? Sending you a big hug thanks

gracesmum Wed 08-Feb-12 21:12:45

1/2 lb!!! I'd have lost more if I'd taken my necklace off!!
So despite impersonation of headless chicken over the last week, my weight has stayed static. Ah well, have other things on my mind - it'll pick up again when I am not so tired and take a bit more some exercise.

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 21:11:52

Which one jeni

jeni Wed 08-Feb-12 20:55:43

Ordered!

jeni Wed 08-Feb-12 20:30:02

I'll look out for them .thanks

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 20:00:37

jeni I dont know how many prositute points it is on WW, but on the whole it will probably be the pasta and cheese that you count, do you have one of those gadgets WW used to have... a food calculator or the WW scales where you put a plate on and keep adding items of food telling the scales what you have put on, and they point it for you (as far as I can remember but its years since I did WW).
Thats probably not much help to you sorry.

jeni Wed 08-Feb-12 19:56:31

Ah, found the answer 3-5 depending on make. I make my own!

Notsogrand Wed 08-Feb-12 19:53:33

jeni grin

jeni Wed 08-Feb-12 19:46:29

Glass. I don't do syns[saintly]emoticon. How many prostitute points for puttanesca?

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 19:35:37

grin grin

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 19:05:07

wink grin

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 19:04:52

Glass, have you read the last line of the Food bit on the front page.

They're being rude about you! shock

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 19:00:59

Actually, that's just right!

DD will be here end of next week. She can cook it!

Thank you Glass. smile

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 19:00:03

grin

Flip me Glass. That's quite a lot of cooking!

glassortwo Wed 08-Feb-12 18:56:08

What you lot up to shock you will fall for anything grin

Pappardelle Puttanesca

Serves 4
Ready in 15 mins

350g dried pappardelle pasta
Fry light
2red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
570g tomato ragu (see below)
8 black olives pitted and roughly chopped
4 tbsp capers
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
50g parmesan cheese grated

1. Cook the pasta.
2. Place large frying pan sprayed with fry light over low heat. Add chillies and garlic for 30 secs taking care not to brown the garlic.
3. Turn the heat up to medium-high add the ragu, olives and capers. Bring to the boil, then turn down to low and simmer for 5 mins.
4. Drain the pasta. Pour the sauce into a warm serving dish then stir in pasta. Serve garnished with parsley and sprinkle of parmesan.
Extra Easy 3 syns.

Tomato ragu

Serves 4
Ready in 50 mins
Fry light
2 large onions finely chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
1tsp dried oregano
A small handful of fresh basil leaves finely chopped
250g passata
2level tbsp. tomato puree
1 tsp artificial sweetener
Salt and freshly ground pepper

1 Place a medium heavy based pan sprayed with fry light over a low heat. Add the onions and garlic cook for 12-15 mins until softened.
2 increase the heat to medium-high then stir in the dried oregano, basil, tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and sweetener. Simmer gently for 25-30 mins, or until you have a thick sauce then season well and stir.
Free

GoldenGran Wed 08-Feb-12 17:52:00

Shhh hope she is not reading this.grin

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 17:51:11

missed out 'to' hmm

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 17:50:48

wink

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 17:50:30

(Perhaps we'd better not mention it you-know-who).

GoldenGran Wed 08-Feb-12 17:49:41

Absolutely you can be our Guinea pig for this one,.

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 08-Feb-12 17:47:58

Right. I bags being the one to try it and let you all know.

Ok?!

GoldenGran Wed 08-Feb-12 17:46:09

HMM not sure I dare try it, it says that eating the cake after a big breakfast stops later cravings. I am not sure that would work for me, I have a very sweet tooth.