Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Anyone interested in free weekly zoom weigh in?

(8 Posts)
Sasperilla Fri 03-Jul-20 08:53:41

I have a free zoom account and wondered if anyone here would be into a weekly zoom call for some of us who are trying to loose weight to just check in via zoom to support each other in our weight loss ? If there is any interest I will set up a meeting for an evening next week, was thinking tuesday at 7, and post the link via email to anyone who is interested. My book club and writing group have been using this means successfully.

Ohmother Fri 03-Jul-20 09:13:43

That sounds like an excellent idea! Much better in these austere times than forking out ( pardon the pun) for WW and suchlike. Good luck with your quest. ??

Jaye53 Wed 08-Jul-20 15:44:21

hi did you get the zoom meetings going I would be interested .and its food for thoughtgrin

Sasperilla Wed 15-Jul-20 01:01:40

Hi Jaye and Ohmother. I had thought there didnt appear to be too much interest but if there was us three and we started the ball rolling maybe others would join us ? My local slimming world wanted 6 euros a week for a zoom call and tbh I'm just not willing to give it to them !! Having said that I was up two pounds this week so need to do something. So if you were interested maybe we could do something next week.. any night suit better than others ? I thought Tuesday at 7 but any time is fine really!

Lollin Wed 15-Jul-20 08:48:20

I like the idea too - did not see your post until now. However I am definitely not able to join via zoom which is a shame as I could do with all the encouragement I can get! Best wishes to you Zoomers smile

Sasperilla Wed 15-Jul-20 19:52:43

Aw that's a pity Lollin !! You can dial into a zoom meeting too as far as I know from a phone. Or you could just do a weigh in on the same day and time just to keep track.. just remembered by the way that I will be away next Tuesday so maybe we will start the following week I.e. tues 28th july ?

Sasperilla Thu 30-Jul-20 09:15:36

Dont think this is a runner really so I am going to leave it out. Good luck all !!

fourormore Thu 30-Jul-20 09:22:54

Sasperilla - it's a shame your idea didn't take off.
Sadly I don't 'zoom' either but take a look at the 'I'm a Pear' thread. We are a small gang of 'losers' who support each other with lossses or gains.
I don't know if some of them would zoom with you, but at the very least you could possibly join us?
Thanks for trying! flowers