Gransnet forums


heartbroken son

(53 Posts)
Macgran43 Sun 11-Aug-19 21:06:06

Son’s partner wants to leave him after 24 years of living together. She says there is no one else. They have no children. Son is devastated and does not want to live without her. How can I help? Should I try to speak to dil.?

annodomini Tue 13-Aug-19 19:33:17

Just keep out of it unless you do have a specially friendly relationship with his partner. Be there for him, but don't push it. Let him come to you if he needs a shoulder to cry on.

fizzers Wed 14-Aug-19 11:18:35

I think all you can do is be there for your son , offering as much support as he needs. I would keep out of it and not approach the daughter in law, it could quite easily back fire on you, and you could be seen as meddling or interfering.