Gransnet forums

Food

Digital scales

(10 Posts)
Granieee Tue 24-May-11 18:15:48

Can anyone suggest a really good set of digital kitchen scales please. I bought some recently and they went back because they were not accurate.
Thank you
Love and hugs

nanafrancis Tue 24-May-11 18:45:22

I bought mine from Tesco's (are we allowed to name names on here?). Mine tends to get a bit temperamental when it's battery is getting low - I know just how it feels!
I'd recommend buying a set with a flat 'platform' and a 'tare' ability so you can use any bowl or pan to weigh ingredients into rather than one with a dedicated bowl.

toothfairy Tue 24-May-11 19:17:13

I have had three 'digi'scales all rubbish,now back with the old manual one ,nice big numbers,trouble is its only lbs.oz's,have to keep a conversion chart handy.Why is life so difficult sad

MrsJamJam Tue 24-May-11 19:38:32

Latest set came from Lakeland - brilliant. Also very easy to keep clean and can do lb and ozs for old recipes.

Granieee Thu 26-May-11 17:45:29

Thank you all for your comments.
MrsJamJam (whispers) which ones were they?? I love Lakeland and have been looking at the different ones. (smile)
Love and hugs

mollie Thu 26-May-11 19:28:23

I bought some Salter digital scales because I wanted to be sure of small portions (I'm doing WW) and my usual scales were hard to read...I'm very happy with them - I can weigh grams or ounces and the read-out is very clear...so I use those for small amounts and will use the others for larger amounts when baking and cooking...

MrsJamJam Thu 26-May-11 19:42:16

Granieee - they are Salter. A white square with a silver circle in the middle. You weigh everything in your own bowl on top. The good thing over my last ones is that when you are adding stuff in, and you have to go back to the cupboard to get more because there wasn't enough, they don't turn off after a few seconds. They give you time to find the new bag of flour/sugar! smile

Granieee Thu 26-May-11 19:58:54

MrsJamJam and mollie thank you.
Runs off to log on to Lakeland (I have a £3 voucher) smile
Love and hugs

shysal Fri 27-May-11 09:05:58

Mine are Salter and I love their accuracy and ease of use.

Granieee Sun 29-May-11 13:20:47

Hello all
MrsJamJam and Mollie yay, my Salter scales arrived from Lakeland yesterday, fantastic delivery time from Lakeland.
My scales are lovely, so stylish and best of all accurate, I cant wait to start weighing now!!
Thank you for suggesting such great scales.
Love and hugs