Gransnet forums

Food

Making tea

(59 Posts)
Nannarose Fri 15-Sep-17 09:17:07

Proper, loose leaf tea - a mix of Co-op 99 & Indian Prince. 99 tea bags when camping.
When I did my Diploma in Family Therapy, I wrote an extended essay on sitting round the kitchen table, drinking tea.

Megram Fri 15-Sep-17 09:15:38

A Yorkshire teabag in a mug first thing, then a pot of loose leaf in the afternoon. Either way, it has to be served in bone china !!

Anniebach Fri 15-Sep-17 09:15:14

Imperfect, I remember that ghastly Paul Burrell showing how to pour tea, and he was horrified by MIF's, seems the royals are not MIF's

Imperfect27 Fri 15-Sep-17 09:10:45

Ha ha Annie, tired acronyms to help me out, thought of something rather rude and then realised you must mean milk in first! grin

I prefer coffee, but tea is always bag - one per cup, but teapot out of we have visitors.

Milk in last for me and just a dash.

I do like camomile and honey and also peppermint if I am feeling a bit fragile. Always a good sense of home-nursing a la Benjamin Bunny!

LadyGracie Fri 15-Sep-17 09:08:36

Tea leaves in a pot, I drink the pot dry. For a quick cup a teabag in a mug, strong

Anniebach Fri 15-Sep-17 09:05:27

Tea bag in mug and I am the lowest if the low, I am a MIF

Lindylo Fri 15-Sep-17 09:02:19

If it's just for me it will be a teabag in a mug but I really like a good pot of tea that has had a bit of a brew. I'm a big fan of loose tea leaves as well and you can vary the type of tea you use. I like Darjeeling as a preference.

Lynnebo Fri 15-Sep-17 08:42:56

My friend and I share a teabag - not because we are tight but I like my tea weak so it just has a dance around my cup and DF likes builders tea so it sits in there and brews a while!!

Nannykay Fri 15-Sep-17 08:39:38

How do you make tea, do you use a bag, or loose, in a mug or cup and saucer.

I like tea, mostly good old Yorkshire with a splash of milk. I use loose tea in a warmed pot, served in a cup and saucer.

That said, at the right time I also like to mix my own herbs, or use a ready mix of special teas, I have a glass pot for those with an infuser, and I serve it in a glass cup.

Some people think I'm very strange. But my SIL called round yesterday, and I made a large pot of tea and we sat at the kitchen table with a plate of biscuits and drank the pot dry, whilst putting the world to rights, she said it was the best therapy ever !, hence my question, how do you like your tea