Gransnet forums

Food

Teaching my kids to cook

(5 Posts)
CookingTogether Wed 17-Jun-20 12:33:34

This week I taught my grandkid how to make Chicken Pilau, it was very rewarding. It's nice because I've also taught my kids how to cook their favourite recipes growing up. My DH says when I teach them my food is a lot nicer ha!
I taught a few classes on Diaspo too.

Has anyone been teaching their kids or grandkids to cook in lockdown?

annodomini Wed 17-Jun-20 13:40:31

My 14-year-old GS published a photo of himself cooking. When I asked what it was, he answered ' spaghetti Bolinaise' (sic). I hope he can cook better than he can spell. With Mum out managing a supermarket and Dad working from home, it's just as well that he can feed himself.

edingergriff Sun 28-Jun-20 18:39:39

How old are your kids?

gangy5 Sun 28-Jun-20 19:39:01

I have taught all 5 of my grandchildren to cook. It is an essential life skill if we are going to attempt to halt the rise of obesity with so many families existing on takeaways and ready meals.

Chewbacca Sun 28-Jun-20 19:48:47

I taught my son to be a decent all round cook, which is just as well because my DIL hates cooking! I taught my 7 year old GD to be quite an accomplished baker of scones, Vicoria Sponges, chocolate cake, biscuits and savoury pies. 3 year old GS started baking with me last weekend for his daddy's Father's Day cake.