Gransnet forums

Food

blackcurrant ganache

(9 Posts)
eddiecat78 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:22:40

Daughter wants purple macarons for favours at her wedding. I`ve filled them before with a ganache made just from white chocolate and cream. For the wedding I want to flavour the ganache with blackcurrant - have got some in the freezer but am not sure how to do it - I want a smooth filling. If I add something to the chocolate and cream would it still set? (I also want to make the macarons in advance and freeze them - have done this before and it has been fine)
Any ideas please?

shysal Mon 13-Feb-17 17:32:41

I have used this recipe in the past for the filling. I didn't freeze the macarons but I see no reason why not. Good luck!

shysal Mon 13-Feb-17 17:33:11

Sorry forgot the link!
annesfood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/black-currant-macarons.html

eddiecat78 Mon 13-Feb-17 17:44:49

Thanks so much - that looks perfect!

eddiecat78 Mon 13-Feb-17 17:50:25

Shysal - does it matter if you use runny or set
honey?

shysal Mon 13-Feb-17 18:18:26

I used runny honey. I remember it took a lot of blackcurrants to make the puree. I love making macarons, but they are a bit hit and miss for me as can be seen by the red ones on this pic of some I made for a school sale for Mother's Day. I don't envy you doing enough for a wedding!

eddiecat78 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:40:06

Thanks again - your`s look fabulous! I`m using a Mary Berry recipe - i`m not sure it`s totally authentic but it seems to work ok. I wouldn`t attempt to do them if I couldn`t make them in advance and freeze them - I`ve had one practice run and they were fine

MargaretX Mon 13-Feb-17 21:39:17

Blackcurrent - well there are going to be alot of lovely clothes ruined by blackcurrent juice.
I hope the bride is careful

eddiecat78 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:38:39

Just as an update - I had a practice run and made the filling recommended by Shysal and it was perfect - bride and groom were very impressed. And it makes a lovely firm filling so no risk of it damaging clothes unless the guests actually throw the maracons at each other!