Gransnet forums

Food

Caramel toffees (I think)

(4 Posts)
Alexa Thu 22-Nov-18 22:07:33

A long time ago there were a sort of toffees, individually wrapped, which had a flavour I find hard to describe, I think it may have been the real original caramel burnt sugar flavour. I have not been able to find this particular toffee flavour for a long long time. Can anyone suggest what these toffees were called? Usually these toffees were in a toffee assortment including mint toffees and treacle toffees.

gillybob Thu 22-Nov-18 22:57:27

I don’t think I can help you with the toffees you are looking for Alexa unless they were called Maryland toffees (that name sticks in my head for some reason) but I can recommend the lovely creamy, chewy toffees that are made by Worthers . I had a packet of sugar free ones in my car and they mysteriously disappeared (thanks to 3 little monkeys) They are really delicious . smile

oldgaijin Wed 12-Dec-18 06:25:08

Alexa, I loved them too and I think they could have been Sharp's coffees. Haven't seen them for years. Mint was my favourite.

LullyDully Wed 12-Dec-18 07:56:38

Yes Alexa there were Sharps coffees but I also remember Cream Line toffees.

There were some penny shaped ones...like the ones in Quality Street....wrapped in paper. I make do with a Curly Wurly these days. 6 syns!!!

My mother used to have chocolate eclairs which she kept by her while watching telly. The boys used to fish for the stray ones behind the cushions. Toffee is such a treat, so good for the old teeth.