Gransnet forums

Food

Any more meal ideas ?

(3 Posts)
Floradora9 Fri 25-Sep-20 11:47:34

As we are avoiding eating out I have been trying to find other ways to give us a bit more variety . My first trial of 8 curry sets has been a great success . We get the ingredients from Tastesmiths and eack curry pack has all you need ( apart from the meat ) to make different curries. So far they have been as good as eating out . I have also ordered some ready meals from Gourmade.com. They come ready frozen and we have not tried them yet but they get rave reviews and are reasonably priced. Have you any more ideas I have though of Hello Fresh etc. but I have not tried ordering from them so far .

Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Sep-20 12:05:19

I’ve not heard of either of those!.

I shall now google them?

twinnytwin Fri 25-Sep-20 12:15:44

Since before lockdown, we've been ordering either three or four meals per week from Hello Fresh and then Gusto for a change. They've been a godsend. We like fresh food and cooking from scratch together. I'd highly recommend both but you get more choice from Gusto. Both companies do meat, vergetarian, vegan (I'm pretty sure) etc. We like to experiment with flavours, but if you're more of a plain cooking type, the choice may be more limited. You can stop and start whenever you want. We've stopped now but use the menu cards to give us variety thoughout the week.