Gransnet forums

Food

Air Fryer - half price.

(16 Posts)
grannydarkhair Sun 22-May-22 06:48:32

For anyone thinking of buying an air fryer, Instant Brands have a Vortex Plus 6-in-1 on at half price just now, with free delivery, £59-99. I ordered it early yesterday morning, it’s being delivered today.
Does anyone have this particular model?

timetogo2016 Sun 22-May-22 11:11:42

Thank you grannydarkhair.
I shall be passing this info onto my Dil.
We literally just bought an 6-1 airfryer oven from Tower.

Mine Sun 22-May-22 11:24:52

Grannydarkhair

Could you tell me where you ordered your Vortex plus Airfryer from...Thanks....That's an amazing price!!!!....Going to buy myself one

grannydarkhair Sun 22-May-22 13:33:55

Mine Bought it from the Instant Brands website. Going to be delivered by Amazon however.
I’ve been swithering for ages as to whether I should get one, but when I saw that offer I couldn’t resist.

Elegran Sun 22-May-22 13:56:18

Are you sure that isn't the Vortex 4 in 1, *Grannydarkhair? ? That is £59.99 on Amazon from Instant Brands. I can't see any 6 in 1 at that price - and Instant Brands doesn't say that the 4 in 1 is half price.

Elegran Sun 22-May-22 13:57:47

Vortex Mini 4 in 1.

grannydarkhair Sun 22-May-22 14:52:32

Elegran I didn’t buy it via Amazon, I bought it direct from the Instant Brands site. It’s arrived, and it’s a IB Vortex Plus 6-in-1.

62Granny Sun 22-May-22 15:31:43

How big is the basket ? I have a Tower one at the moment and can just about fit 6 sausages in but nothing else this shows a chicken being cooked would you get a medium 1.5kg chicken in it?

grannydarkhair Sun 22-May-22 16:21:56

62Granny the basket measures just under 10 inches across in both directions, it’s just under 4 inches in height. So, no, I doubt you’d get a medium chicken in it.
I live alone, plus I have very little work surface or cupboard space hence the smallish size of this suited me. In fact, tbh, it’s bigger than I expected it to be. And tbh again, it was the price that attracted me, if it turns out that I don’t get much use out of it, it’ll go to my daughter who has masses of both work surfaces and cupboard space in her kitchen.
And, tbh, I’m hoping it might help me lose a bit of weight - I often cook “one tray meals” (protein/carbs/veg all together), the plan being that I eat half and either freeze the other half or eat it the next day. But invariably I end up eating the lot over the course of the evening.

Niobe Sun 22-May-22 18:39:30

I think that’s the one I bought several weeks ago from Amazon but I paid £99! It’s great! I chose that one as it takes the pizza we like and cooks it in half the time as the big oven. It is a big piece of kit but it sits at one end of our breakfast bar and I haven’t used my main oven since I got my Vortex.

Niobe Sun 22-May-22 18:41:36

PS I have roasted a medium chicken in it by spatchcocking it I.e. I removed the back and flattened the rest. Worked a treat!

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-May-22 19:38:05

Niobe I noticed the difference financially when I stopped using my double oven at Christmas and I use my air fryer instead. I love mine.

juliettealison Tue 28-Jun-22 07:40:55

This smart black air fryer has a capability of almost six liters which is sufficient for up to six portions depending on what you're cooking, so it's great for families. I appreciated everything about this easy-to-use appliance, it was incredibly fast at crisping and browning everything I made in it. Just LOVE it.

annsixty Tue 28-Jun-22 07:52:11

Just a question to you air fryer lovers.
Do you find timings suggested by the booklet supplied with the appliance and recipes online are too long ?
I cut down by about a third in my ninja as food was over cooked.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jun-22 07:59:12

Ann, I found that with the Tower air fryer oven I have, especially with things like fish. There’s some trial and error involved at the start with all of them I think. It’s certainly worth it’s weight in gold, though.

Charleygirl5 Tue 28-Jun-22 09:19:35

With food supposed to be popped in the oven I half the time and to date that appears to work

I live on my own and my air fryer is fine for me. The manufacturer is under the impression it can cook a meal for 4- the recipients must be emaciated.

Admittedly I prefer to cook everything together- I hate reheating stuff.

Mine has paid for itself already and I bought it last November and used the oven once at Christmas.