Gransnet forums

Food

Black pudding and sausage recipe - help please

(12 Posts)
kittylester Sat 13-Aug-22 08:30:00

Having recently acquired a few sticks of gf black pudding, I am trying to remember a recipe I had years ago which was black pudding chunks, halved sausages, sliced new potatoes and stock. I feel as though there should be something else - but what?

Any other recipes using black pudding would be very welcome (I've got quite a lot blush)

I do a black pudding and bacon salad type thing with a poached egg - or hard boiled egg.

Thanks for your input.

Grannynannywanny Sat 13-Aug-22 08:38:16

The Hairy Bikers do a black pudding and sausage hot pot Kittylester

www.reallancashireblackpuddings.co.uk/recipes/black-pudding-and-sausage-hotpot-the-hairy-bikers/#.YvdUavfTWEc

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Aug-22 08:39:05

Too northern for me?.

I recommend Hogs Pudding a much more civilised dish.

Shirley48 Sat 13-Aug-22 09:06:37

There’s this recipe - but it’s more of a winter warmer

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/opinion/latest/10099349.sausage-black-pudding-casserole/

Shirley48 Sat 13-Aug-22 09:12:15

And this one -
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-black-pudding-mustard-hotpot

kittylester Sat 13-Aug-22 09:13:05

Whitewavemark2

Too northern for me?.

Are you looking for trouble WWMK2? grin

Mogsmaw Sat 13-Aug-22 09:14:06

We have this. Lots of ideas in here

Sago Sat 13-Aug-22 09:31:31

Black pudding and broad beans; shell the beans if using fresh, frozen are fine, boil for 3 minutes, cool them quickly and dry them off now sprinkle with a little salt and lemon juice.
Cube some black pudding and brown in a pan of olive oil, set aside and add some finely chopped shallot or red onion, fennel seeds and garlic gently fry until cooked now return the black pudding and beans to the pan warm through then smush them together.
Serve spread onto lightly toasted sourdough.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Aug-22 09:33:42

kittylester

Whitewavemark2

Too northern for me?.

Are you looking for trouble WWMK2? grin

??

Mogsmaw Sat 13-Aug-22 20:29:32

I made a recipe from a magazine that was made in a large open pan.
Brown onions, whole peeled garlic and chunked potatoes. Add sausage and black pudding, bay leaves and stock to almost cover. Bake uncovers till the potatoes are cooked and it’s reduced.
I make it now without the sausages, not my favourite, but I love black pudding. We have this regularly in the winter, we serve it with sauerkraut or sautéed cabbage. Delicious.

kittylester Sun 14-Aug-22 06:48:33

That sounds quite like the recipe I lost mogsmaw.

BigBertha1 Sun 14-Aug-22 07:40:40

Now that would really help my diet! No dinner for me pleasegrin