Gransnet forums

Games

Mexican trains

(11 Posts)
NanKate Tue 19-Jun-18 13:15:35

Have any of you played this game online ? A friend told me about it but she can’t remember how to play it other than it is based on dominoes.

hildajenniJ Tue 19-Jun-18 15:54:11

I've not played it, but there are free versions of this game on the Google play store. I've looked at domino games, but never installed any as I prefer word games.

Chewbacca Tue 19-Jun-18 16:33:05

I'm afraid to even look at it! A little while ago someone posted about Josephine Solitaire and I "had a quick look". Now I'm addicted to it! I'd never get anything done if I got addicted to Mexican Trains too!

Newquay Tue 19-Jun-18 18:54:28

We've actually got the box for Mexican train-got it out a few weeks ago for DGC after school. Never again, for some reason, nearly caused a war! (Tired perhaps?)
Anyone know if you can play Canasta online btw?

NanKate Tue 19-Jun-18 20:01:23

Chewbacca join the club. We must have addictive personalities.

Did you get your Josephine Solitaire free and who runs the app as I would like to download it please? I have just had a quick game and liked it. ?

Chewbacca Tue 19-Jun-18 20:18:51

www.solitairenetwork.com/solitaire/josephine-solitaire-game.html

But at your own peril NanKate! I can't stop until I've won a game! ?

NanKate Tue 19-Jun-18 20:26:25

Tell me about it ?!

NanKate Tue 19-Jun-18 20:26:48

Thanks by the way. ?

AmandaJane3 Wed 20-Jun-18 04:27:55

Love Mexican Train Dominoes, we are out cruising the world and we have the board game, it’s very popular with cruisers especially in the Caribbean where is called Grenadian Train Dominoes or whatever country you are in, they often have tournaments for cruisers. Here a link to the set we bought www.amazon.co.uk/Domino-mexican-train-double-12/dp/B01J6UYWT4/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Mexican+Train.+Dominoes&tag=gransnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1529465026&sr=8-2
As you can see they are not regular Dominoes they go up to double 12.

Rufus2 Thu 05-Jul-18 14:04:02

Not sure if this thread is the right place, but here goes.
Our therapist at our Over 80s club to-day had us playing dominoes, to stop us going senile, I suppose. smile
Our 3 had forgotten how and seeing as how we couldn't get our pint of beer to jog memories (Council property rules) we made them up on the fly. Very creative!
But, I wander. Of course when I got home I consulted Dr. Google; he's got it all as usual; Mexican and the lot.

Enter "250,000 Dominoes" and you'll get "The Incredible Science Machine; GAME ON"
Fascinating! I was hypnotised, but then, I might already be senile. grin
Give it a go, if you haven't already and enjoy.
Ooroo

Ali08 Wed 01-Nov-23 04:29:19

Did you all know that Queen Elizabeth had banned Monopoly, the board game, from Buckingham Palace?
Apparently, they all got too into it and it became a bit of a nightmare game to play as it caused too many arguments!!
😄😄😄😄