Gransnet forums

Gardening

I m so looking forward to tea tonight

(10 Posts)
BlueBelle Sat 19-Jun-21 11:58:38

Just been to my allotment to see how much damage the 48 hour ‘typhoon’ ‘ monsoon’ , that caused temporary flooding all over my area, had done and much to my surprise it wasn’t looking too bad
My flowers in my garden got really smashed down so I was expecting the worst
These were ready to harvest for tea tonight yum yum enough for my daughter too
What’s the first thing ready in your veg patch ?

dragonfly46 Sat 19-Jun-21 12:04:04

They look lovely BlueBell.
I have had rhubarb and gooseberries so far this year.

Peasblossom Sat 19-Jun-21 12:04:10

I’ve had a couple of courgettes, loads of lettuce and radishes.

Everything has grown massively in the last twenty four hours so I’m hoping for beans by the end of the week.

Wish I had an allotment. I’m doing the best I can with beds at the bottom of the garden?

Jaxjacky Sat 19-Jun-21 12:24:55

Nothing yet as everything was so late, we have family here today, so I’ll be up there tomorrow. I have sprout and cabbage plants to pot in under netting, I’ll sow more beetroot and carrots too.

Redhead56 Sat 19-Jun-21 12:29:57

Salad leaves calvolo nero lots of fresh herbs rhubarb gooseberries tiny strawberries.

Callistemon Sat 19-Jun-21 12:30:58

They look a lot nicer than mine, Bluebelle

I really should have sorted out the older plants last year, but last year's crop was lovely.

Callistemon Sat 19-Jun-21 12:33:12

Actually, everything looks rather dismal, the newish apple tree looks as if it's on its way out, the gooseberry bushes are terrible, had to be severely chopped and the clematis has died.

JaneJudge Sat 19-Jun-21 12:34:14

my flower meadow looks like a mr blobby had been on the rampage through it sad we also had flooding

lovely strawberries though smile

BlueBelle Sat 19-Jun-21 12:42:40

My gooseberries are right size but still hard as bullets, peas and beans in flower but we were so cold here till late in the season everything seems very late, potatoes haven’t flowered yet courgettes are growing but not big enough to flower either
same with everything else never mind I ll just eat them all later in the year ?

Peasblossom Sat 19-Jun-21 12:49:37

I’m envious of the strawberries so I’ll just gloat a bit about the courgettes?