Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Baby reins help

(5 Posts)
pamela Thu 12-May-11 07:51:33

Hi. I've just this minute joined the site and will hopefully post more interesting things than this, but this issue is concerning me. I got here by Googling 'children's reins' as I'm looking for a set to use with my toddler grandchildren. Can anyone recommend some that don't have a difficult-to-press snap-on fastener? My hands are a bit iffy. Many thanks. Pamela

glassortwo Thu 12-May-11 10:12:52

Sorry cant help with your problem but nice to meet you. Most of the large baby retailers have a selection of reins you may find one of then carry something suitable.

jangly Thu 12-May-11 17:14:26

Would one of these be any easier. They have a handle at the top you can hang onto as well as a "lead". www.amazon.co.uk/Littlelife-Toddler-Runabout-Daysack-Blue/dp/B000PBVT0Y/ref=sr_1_8?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1305216546&sr=1-8

Wheniwasyourage Sun 22-May-11 17:33:49

These little backpacks with a strap attached are certainly very good and my grandchildren have all used them. They come in different makes and colours and you would have to check the chest fastening if you have trouble with stiff clasps (I do too, but the ones on the backpacks I've come across have been ok). They are firmly fastened round the child and the strap is just as good as reins. I am a firm believer in reins, as I wouldn't trust any toddler further than I could throw him/her and so we keep a set of Lewis's reins (reasonable clasp) in the house so that if the grandchildren visit without their backpacks I can still take them out without worrying.

littlemo Sun 22-May-11 18:06:06

Thanks for the web link Jangly, this is just what I was looking for. I'm sure my very independent little GD will love it! I've just ordered one in pink for her.