Grandparenting

new to gransnet

(7 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 08-Jun-11 00:05:15

Welcome to GN Annette. Good for you for making yourself known.smile

harrigran Tue 07-Jun-11 23:57:58

Hello annette, welcome smile

heleena Tue 07-Jun-11 21:40:52

Hi annette. Care to join us on Somerset Calling. We are hoping to meet up. Where abouts are you? smile

glassortwo Tue 07-Jun-11 20:18:24

Hi annette look forward to seeing you on the threads. smile

artygran Tue 07-Jun-11 19:39:19

Hello Annette - you're doing better than me - I only have one grandchild (4) and don't look like having any more, but I feel utterly blessed as I see him most days. He's an absolute joy. Are you on Skype? Brilliant for chatting to grandchildren in absentio. My son lives about an hour and a half away and has two stepsons who I would like to see more of, but Skyping them is fun!

raggygranny Fri 27-May-11 14:56:40

Hello Annette and welcome to Gransnet! Hope you find some forums that interest you and you want to take part in. I'm in York, have 4 children and 8 grandchildren, and like you have another due in September. Five live near me, three about an hour away and the new one will be about three hours away. I will look out for your name on threads!

annette Fri 27-May-11 14:49:48

hello everyone, so glad they were advertising this web site on our local radio station. i have 8 children and 6 grandchildren and one due in september. i am 53 and live in somerset and work as a care worker. i dont get to see my grandchildren as much as i would like to mainly due to not living in same town. love to chat with other grand parents.