Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

GCSE results

(11 Posts)
eggmayo Thu 25-Aug-11 11:42:13

I know how nervous I was a week ago, so just thought I would start a discussion for anyone who's waiting for news of their grandchildren's results.

Anyone heard anything yet?

jangly Thu 25-Aug-11 13:41:11

No. Haven't heard how my daughter has done. She has gone into school to find out.

(she is the teacher)

glammanana Thu 25-Aug-11 17:29:20

My DGS3 Josh had received his result's all good grades As/Bs and some Cs,he is happy with what he acheived and that is all that matter's to DD, he has enrolled for 6th form,so the pressure start's again.

jangly Thu 25-Aug-11 17:31:30

Well done Josh.

DD's group had the highest number of A*s. smile

glammanana Thu 25-Aug-11 17:39:12

Thank's jangs all the boy's did well they are all at DDs house having barbecue and generally giving DD a headache,one of his result's came in low but his Master has sent for remarking as he was insistant that a mistake had been made,but it did not affect the outcome for his referrel to 6th form,the Master's have been so good with them they deserve some award's themselve's.P.S my typing is now super-duper is it not!!!

Oldgreymare Thu 25-Aug-11 17:43:41

Well done everyone especially Jangly's DD...... let's hear it for teachers!

glammanana Thu 25-Aug-11 17:47:26

They are so supportive OGM and they deserve a big Cheer for all their hard work

Elegran Thu 25-Aug-11 17:49:58

DGS1 received his several weeks ago - the Scottish results came out earlier. He has his grades for entry to the music course he wants at Glasgow Uni. He Has also passed his Grade 8 violin exam, another must, so is all set.

jangly Thu 25-Aug-11 17:58:37

You've been practising Glamm! grin

jangly Thu 25-Aug-11 18:00:07

Will pass that on OGM. Thank you. smile

artygran Thu 25-Aug-11 18:02:03

My stepgrandson got his results today - 2 A stars, seven As and 2Bs. He is beating himself up about the Bs the silly boy. We are very proud of him!