Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Angel grand-daughter ..........

(29 Posts)
jogginggirl Wed 23-Nov-11 22:53:21

I am so excited because we are going to see our g/d in her first Christmas pre-school play - as an Angel ...........bless her. I already have a tear in my eye and I suspect Grandad will be blinking a lot on the day........... Now we need a 'proud Grandparent' emoticon smile

BurgundyGran Fri 16-Dec-11 16:25:36

We have been to our grandson's 'spectacle' or concert yesterday and our grand daughter's 'spectacle'/concert today.

In France nothing remotely religious is allowed so all the songs are secular. No nativity plays or Christmas carols to join in with; although if the parents and grandparents know the songs they sing along. We have been learning the songs with Abygaelle and James for weeks!

After the concert Père Noel arrived with presents, big pressies too! Our 21 month old grandson also received a present from Père Noel curtesy of the Senior Citizen club that I belong to. The present giving was followed by cake and juice for the children and they also got a gift bag with sweets and oranges.

I still think wistfully of my two daughters dressed as angels in their Nativity plays and the Carol Concerts at school and church. But the concerts were brilliant yesterday and today even though it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale with the two rivers between us and the hall overflowed onto the roads and trees had come down so people had to stop and move them!!!

jogginggirl Fri 16-Dec-11 18:03:16

Well, I'm back and I can report that my g/d made the most beautiful angel I think I have ever seen..............[wipes away tear] - and there were a few of them.......Oh I just wanted to run to the front and shout 'she's mine, she's mine'. Emotional just doesn't describe it and we were allowed to take pictures so we can see her again and again. And, yes there was snow falling outside too...... She was so serious and knew all her words and actions - at three and a half!! Sorry I'll stop now - I know we all have the most special g/c in the world - how lucky are we.....? gringrin

I love reading everyone's stories - I think g/n might explode with all this g/p pride smile

pinkprincess Sun 18-Dec-11 23:36:19

My oldest grandaughter was Mary in the school nativity play when she was nine.At the end of the play she stood on the stage and sang solo with the baby Jesus (a doll) in her arms. I wept buckets.