Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

New grandchild

(65 Posts)
janthea Thu 15-Dec-11 16:12:00

I'm all of a 'doodah'!! My daughter is booked in for a C-Section tomorrow and by lunchtime I will have a new grandchild. Longing to know whether it's a boy or girl. I know I won't sleep tonight!! hmm

nanachrissy Thu 15-Dec-11 16:13:37

How exciting Janthea hope it goes well xx thanks

Annobel Thu 15-Dec-11 16:22:09

Ooh! Lovely Christmas present, janthea. Cheers wine !

tanith Thu 15-Dec-11 16:26:06

How lovely just in time for Christmas I wonder if she'll give it a Christmassy name? Hope all goes well janthea smile

susiecb Thu 15-Dec-11 16:40:52

How wonderful do let us know how it goeswine

gracesmum Thu 15-Dec-11 16:47:39

Best wishes to the expectant granny (oh and the Mummy!) Watch this space!

Libradi Thu 15-Dec-11 16:52:29

I know how you feel janthea my DD had my DGD Caitlin a week ago today by C Section. Exciting time, I bet you don't sleep tonight! Let us know when you have your new DGC, best wishes to you all. thanks

syberia Thu 15-Dec-11 17:41:20

Good wishes to all x

Carol Thu 15-Dec-11 18:03:34

How exciting Janthea. I hope it all goes really well - it will be wonderful to welcome your new grandchild into the world thanks

grannyactivist Thu 15-Dec-11 18:31:06

I love nice surprises - so I didn't want to know the gender of any of my babies. I shall look forward to discovering if your new little one is a 'Noel' or a 'Noelle' tomorrow janthea. I shall raise a glass tomorrow. grin

Gally Thu 15-Dec-11 18:31:13

Many congratulations Janthea in advance. Your tummy must be doing backward flips while you wait. It's such an exciting time. Hope all goes well and look forward to hearing what 'it' is wine

glassortwo Thu 15-Dec-11 21:19:48

jan bet there is no sleep for you tonight, I look forward to hearing your news tomorrow.
thanks thanks

GoldenGran Thu 15-Dec-11 21:41:29

How lovely janthea looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow thanks

harrigran Thu 15-Dec-11 23:45:47

How exciting janthea my DS was born 7 days before Christmas and his second name is Nicholas but by gum he was no saint.

janthea Fri 16-Dec-11 11:31:30

Still awaiting news. I can't concentrate on work or anything. And I did not sleep well last night.

Ariadne Fri 16-Dec-11 11:33:17

I'm sure you didn't! It is so exciting, isn't it? But always that touch of apprehension too. Thinking of you!

HildaW Fri 16-Dec-11 11:51:23

janthea, just sending you my good wishes, its such a tough thing to be so emotionally involved at yet not actually there.

janthea Fri 16-Dec-11 13:29:05

It's a boy - 9lbs 4oz. Wow!! Sophie has a little brother. I think she wanted a sister. And I must admit, after packing away Sophie's clothes that she has outgrown I'm sorry that some of those gorgeous little girls' clothes won't be worn again. My daughter and her husband didn't mind whether it was a boy or girl, but Charlotte thought it would easier if it was a girl as all the toys are girls' toys and so are the clothes (as mentioned above). Is it wrong to feel ever so slightly disappointed? blush

Ariadne Fri 16-Dec-11 13:32:29

Brilliant! Now for the cuddles - enjoy them. smile thanks

harrigran Fri 16-Dec-11 13:34:02

Wow many congratulations janthea thanks

HildaW Fri 16-Dec-11 13:35:11

er janthea.....am almost tempted to say yes.
My first grandson was a boy, we knew that quite early and I had only had daughters. I took a deep breath and thought 'right, this is going to be different' and it was. He is a darling little boy and one of his favourite games is making us all tea and cake with his Ikea kitchen set. He now has a sister he adores and if shes anything like her Mum will be pinching his lego and toy cars as soon as shes able. Dont get too hung up on genders, children are adorable bundles of delightfull potentials, who knows where their lives will lead them. Am so glad all went so well! All the best to you and yours!

Annobel Fri 16-Dec-11 13:41:29

Janthea wine Even if you feel a mite disappointed you will soon find out how cuddly little boys are and don't worry about the girls' toys. Nowadays they seem to be interchangeable. My GSs love their big, colourful teapot and cups; all of them, girl and boys, find Lego irresistible.

GoldenGran Fri 16-Dec-11 14:17:43

Delighted he's here janthea enjoy, don't worry about a thing. My GS, 3, loves his cars, Buzz Lightyear, and has his own doll and pushchair- they choose what they like without our influence.

janthea Fri 16-Dec-11 14:32:32

I know - I'm being silly and of course, I adore my two grandsons from my elder daughter. I don't get to see them very often as they live in Luxembourg so it will make a change to have a little boy to play with. It's just that I was convinced he would be another girl. I had even washed the little pink outfits ready!! How silly am I? They are absolutely thrilled!!

Thanks for all your good wishes grin wine wine

grannyactivist Fri 16-Dec-11 14:57:35

janthea I am so happy baby has arrived safe and well. I'm absolutely certain that in a few month's time (or less) you'll look back and kick yourself for not knowing what a joy your little fella was going to be. Unexpected surprises often turn out to be the nicest ones, congratulations on your new grandson. smile Let us know the name when he has one.