Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Kids and Technology

(6 Posts)
granIT Wed 01-Feb-12 14:38:21

Yes, thanks for the link. There's a lot of hysteria about what children can access. Of course there's some vile stuff out there, but I spend quite a lot of time online and I don't ever see any of it. The key thing - which was always the key thing - is to give children a sense of self-preservation, be watchful, set boundaries, and have values they can respect. That's more than one key thing, but you get the gist....smile

Carol Sat 28-Jan-12 16:43:35

Nice to see someone taking a philosophical stance - kids will always have something newer and more complicated that we don't necessarily understand - that's life!

MrsJamJam Sat 28-Jan-12 16:29:19

Sorry - can't spell or type today.

MrsJamJam Sat 28-Jan-12 16:28:41

Light-hearted but it gives us a timely reminder that the world probably isn't going to the dogs after all. What a relief!

Thanks for the link; I'm glad Gransnet can provoke some intellignet ideas.

Butternut Sat 28-Jan-12 10:29:52

I really liked this article - written with a light hand, pertinent and clear. Made me smile.

On thing about the future we can be sure of, and that is that it will change smile. Hope I'm around long enough to enjoy those changes, too.

bagitha Fri 27-Jan-12 20:41:50

A comment about shale gas 'news' on another thread sent me searching for said news and the first place I found it was in Forbes Magazine which is not somewhere I've ever looked for news before. Anyway, having found what I was looking for, I browsed a bit, as you do, and found this article which made me laugh:

www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2012/01/25/you-know-whats-wrong-with-kids-today/