Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Tue 31-Jan-17 06:49:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

whitewave Tue 31-Jan-17 06:52:13

Morning Mick

Same sort of weather forecast here on South Downs. Shall do a bit of housework I think.

kittylester Tue 31-Jan-17 07:18:39

Good morning Mick, ww, everyone.

It is dark and wet in North Leicestershire but the temperature is not too bad.

Waiting in for a John Lewis delivery for DH'S study which will be added to the growing pile of stuff in the dining room, then off to find an end of roll carpet, for said study, as the piece we have 'in stock' that we thought would fit, doesn't!!

This afternoon I'm having my hair cut and a treatment that is going to, miraculously, thicken and strengthen my hair.... and if you believe that you'll believe anything. grin

This evening DH and DS1 are out at the football - bliss!!

NanKate Tue 31-Jan-17 07:21:15

Morning Mick and All,

Looks damp but warmer in Thames Valley.

Off to Rummykub this afternoon.

Bring on the Spring, it's definitely staying lighter in the afternoon, hurray. smile

NanKate Tue 31-Jan-17 07:23:29

Do give us some feedback tomorrow on your hair * Kitty* please.

cornergran Tue 31-Jan-17 07:48:28

Morning All. Darkish and damp in our corner of Somerset. It's 'd-day' here, dentist day. I'm a bit like the dog was at the vet, need to be pushed through the door.sad Would also love to know about the hair treatment, kitty, could do with some of that. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

harrigran Tue 31-Jan-17 07:51:35

Good morning, dry and 4 degrees here. Going to look after youngest GC this afternoon/evening while eldest and her parents are at an induction evening for big school.

thatbags Tue 31-Jan-17 07:57:25

Morning all. Went to bed at 7.30pm and slept till 6.30am, making up for the night before which was painful to say the least. Yesterday was a bit of a go slow. It'll have to be quiet jobs this morning (no vaccuuming, which was planned) as Minibags has a migraine. Outdoors is sopping wet so painting it is.

Perhaps I'll make yeasted croissants....

ninathenana Tue 31-Jan-17 08:06:55

Morning all.
It has been raining heavily H informs me, (he's been up hours) it is now just grey and damp in N Kent.
Tescos later, lucky me.

Mildred Tue 31-Jan-17 08:10:58

Good morning all, very grey and cold in Liverpool today, out yesterday so catching up on housework. Sewing this afternoon hopefully.

rosesarered Tue 31-Jan-17 08:11:41

Good Morning campers,
Grey and damp here too, have heard there are gales on the way shock just after I have cleared up the garden ( such is life.)
Friends coming round for coffee later so must do a tidy up.
Have a good day.

Pittcity Tue 31-Jan-17 08:24:51

Good morning from a grey, dismal Colchester. Bring back cold and sunny please!
Walking down to the mail collection office this morning, I hope it's a GN book. A bit of shopping too.

Nelliemoser Tue 31-Jan-17 08:30:52

Good Morning All. Grey skies but not obviously raining.

NfkDumpling Tue 31-Jan-17 08:33:00

Morning All

High grey cloud here in Norfolk. Off to a talk at Blickling Hall this morning. I remember putting my name down, it's on the calendar, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's about! I just love a surprise!

ffinnochio Tue 31-Jan-17 08:45:02

Good morning to all from France. Dry and mild. Woke up congested, so a good walk will, I hope, bring relief. Making up 'just because' parcels for the grandchildren this afternoon and am already cringing at the cost of postage!

Greyduster Tue 31-Jan-17 08:52:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Any advance on grey, wet, and cold this morning? Ironing today, and then school run this afternoon and DD is giving us tea. Have a good day, folks!

PRINTMISS Tue 31-Jan-17 08:56:04

Good morning to you all, and it is WET, WET, WET again. Thank goodness we have the spring to look forward to, and although the garden is soaking, the bulbs are coming through, and the primulas are in bloom in one or two sheltered placed. Perhaps the sun will shine later on, who knows in this country? Enjoy your days.

Angib Tue 31-Jan-17 10:25:13

Lovely morning (for ducks) here in East Susex. My morning walk's abandoned then (I melt in the rain) ha, ha. Have a good day everybody.
Angi

sweetcakes Tue 31-Jan-17 10:28:51

Good morning cloudy damp and waiting for the rain in N.Kent, nor much on today, cannot wait for the spring to come.

pen50 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:33:55

Good morning. Start a new job tomorrow so was enjoying my last day of freedom sitting in my dressing gown and drinking coffee. Then remembered it was bin day and had to dash around getting the recyclables into their box - which I should have done last night but forgot. Beat the binmen by about 30 seconds.

marioneliz Tue 31-Jan-17 10:39:03

Good Morning. Grey, damp and low cloudy today in Bedford. Been for a short walk with my 6 month old puppy. She was spayed yesterday so lead walks for two weeks, she's not going to be happy with that!

Shinyredcar Tue 31-Jan-17 10:40:27

Devon is like everywhere else, cold, wet, grey but also very windy today. My trusty bird feeder — a stalk with hanging bars — has blown down and the birds keep coming to look at me accusingly. I don't fancy going out to dig a new place for it today, though. Maybe if it dries out a bit later, I shall give in to their tweeting (in the original sense.)

I love the idea of a Gransnet Cafe. My oldest friend and I (from Primary School) have bought each other mugs so we can enjoy mutual coffee though she is in Canada and I am not.

There are many days when I don't speak to anyone except possibly the postman if he rings, despite living next to family. I don't do the 'quick checkout' thing in the supermarket, because I enjoy a brief exchange with the people on the till. I don't hold the rest of you up! I just check that the vocal cords still work.

To have a 'hello' space is lovely, not for arguments, just friendly exchanges.

GrammaH Tue 31-Jan-17 10:58:26

Morning all! Grim and damp here in rural Shropshire. Nothing urgent to do, been trying to decide between staying in by the logburner or driving to the retail park to get the ingredients for Nadiya's popcorn & peanut traybake so DGS & I can make it tomorrow....tough call!

Sar53 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:59:54

Good morning everyone. I am in Essex by the sea, wet and miserable today. Have been under the weather for the last couple of days so staying in, a little housework and hopefully finishing my latest book. OH gone to work in London so a few hours on my own.

Blinko Tue 31-Jan-17 11:17:47

Wet and miserable here too, on the Shropshire side of the West Midlands conurbation. Just made myself a coffee with Baileys and settling down to a bit of GN chat. There's lots of well informed stuff on current affairs, I see. Plenty to go at there at the moment!

Shinyredcar, I am interested to hear that you spend time alone despite living by your family. Ours are trying to persuade us to move nearer to them but we are wondering if the benefits would indeed outweigh the upheaval. Your post suggests possibly not.