Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Tue 31-Jan-17 06:49:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

hulahoop Tue 31-Jan-17 11:58:56

Mornings from Yorkshire it's very wet and cold today gransnet cafe sounds good going to bake today .

Nanny2654 Tue 31-Jan-17 12:21:03

Afternoon all, just back from the osteopath for treatment on my shoulder, feel like I have been through ten rounds with Mike Tyson! Hope it helps long term!
Pretty grey here too.

gillgran Tue 31-Jan-17 12:50:37

Good afternoon to you all,
Yes, also grey here in East Anglia, although snowdrops are visable in the garden, so Spring is on the way. smile

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 12:59:47

Hi all, I'm about to have coffee so why not join me, in a virtual sense? Is this cafe meant to be chat? By that I mean that conversations develop while a few people spend a short time here, like a chat room. If so, I'm here for a bit. I'm waiting for a dpd delivery of two very different things. One is a round playmat that has a drawstring and turns into a bag. I'm hoping it will help to contain my grandson while he plays with his duplo. The second thing is a pack of foot files! No details forthcoming! ? What purchases have made lately?

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 13:01:41

....have you made lately?

cikada Tue 31-Jan-17 13:03:50

Hello Everybody, it's fairly grey here in the South of France as well. After several days of rain the vineyards are off limites for a walk with the dog as I do not fancy bringing a kg of mud home on my shoes. Can't wait for spring !

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 13:16:23

Hi cikada, I'm in the same boat. Black mud is my springer's favourite play medium but not mine! Our local dog exercise area is filthy at this time of year. We will stick to pavements. What breed of dog do you have?

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 13:19:58

My dpd delivery has arrived. The playmat/bag is a disappointment. It's not much like the picture on Amazon. The foot files are just that. Functional. My feet will be happier though ?

shysal Tue 31-Jan-17 13:24:19

Hello to the café customers. I don't normally contribute to this Good Morning thread as I tend not to look on GN until later in the day, after a few chores and my morning walk. If it is used all day long I might add a few words now and then.
It is very damp and grey here in Oxfordsire, so this morning I went to a local small covered shopping centre, where for the first time ever I had my eyebrows threaded. It was almost painless and only cost £4! The downside was that I had to sit in the main mall in view of passers by, but I didn't care! I am pleased with the results.

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 13:30:07

Hi shysal you're not so shy, then? ? I wouldn't mind trying threading but it would be my top lip. I think my eyebrows are migrating there... ?

Legs55 Tue 31-Jan-17 13:35:41

Good morning (well early afternoon but I did have a lie in so it still feels like morning) from a very wet Devon, 3 days now it doesn't seem to have stopped raining.

Got to walk to our local PO/General Store soon, could get car out but that's lazy. Letters to post so must go & walk will do me good. I would much rather stay nice & warm in Gransnet Cafe.

lizzypopbottle Tue 31-Jan-17 13:36:37

There was a girl, briefly, offering threading in our local Superdrug (Morpeth) but her set up was in the window facing onto the main street and I didn't fancy, "Oh look, there's Liz having her moustache done!"

PoshGran Tue 31-Jan-17 15:00:38

Good mornin'/afternoon all.
It's cool & increasingly breezy in Peterborough; a brisk walk has blown cobwebs away but it's damp & threatening too - a cup of hot chocolate in the cafe beckons.
My day so far has included singing with a group of littlies in the local library, picking up a couple of books needed for my first online course, receiving confirmation letter regarding laser treatment on a foggy eye next month ...and spending a few minutes here before getting my head down to study ....(or shall I carry on looking at GN? wink.

See you in the cafe again - remember I like hot choc without cream or sprinkles or...whatever!
smile

shysal Tue 31-Jan-17 15:09:06

What is your online course Posh? I don't think I could find the time or inclination to do any studying, GN is enough. I admire you. Good luck with the laser treatment too.

Icyalittle Tue 31-Jan-17 15:31:24

Hello people, really happy to meet you. I'm really glad to find a nice, non-judgmental space for a chat. I am finding confrontation of any variety, even when it is virtual, increasingly difficult to handle. Very nasty here in the French Alps, just on the wet side of snowing, so cold, murky and wet ice underfoot. I wasn't going to ski today in any case after a Nast fall yesterday, but the weather convinced me.

Icyalittle Tue 31-Jan-17 15:31:50

’nasty', not Nast!

Lynnebo Tue 31-Jan-17 15:57:17

Good afternoon Grans, just stopped for a coffee (at work). All morning in a meeting, computers are down....
but I am wearing my new boots today (red ankle with multi coloured cuff and chunky heels) and feel fine!!!smile

Morgana Tue 31-Jan-17 15:57:38

Grey and miserable here today too. Outer London. Yoga class this morning then lunch in pub. My normal Tuesday routine. My yoga friends are my little support group! Today we discussed a wide variety of subjects from how we cope with our husbands to the problem of grey hair poking out of swimsuits! !!

maisie123 Tue 31-Jan-17 16:17:37

I went into the Clark's outlet to buy a pair of boots and came out with shoes instead. I'll have to start looking for boots earlier next winter. It's now I need them though!

PoshGran Tue 31-Jan-17 16:34:03

Popped back for a quick cuppa...
Shysal - It's a LearnDirect one "Literature & Mental Health: Reading for Wellbeing". I'm on day 2 & I've just been forced to listen to Sir Ian McKellan reading Wordsworth - what a joy!grinCompleted OU degree whilst teaching so this is just like old times.
Morgana - I have no problems with grey hairs "under or down there", I don't wear a swimsuit (coz I dont swim wink)
Back to work, Ta-ra

kittylester Tue 31-Jan-17 18:20:51

Crumbs. Hi everyone!!

Grandmama Tue 31-Jan-17 18:55:24

Good evening from Yorkshire - dull, damp day, now raining. I'm not usually online until teatime so I'm always late with any contributions to discussions. So glad I found Gransnet, always lots of people on hand to sympathise, offer advice or laugh along with. Mundane sort of day, just about to prepare for the Parliamo Italiano group tomorrow morning so arriverderci for now.

Rinouchka Tue 31-Jan-17 20:05:02

Love the idea of a GN café for congenial chats , sharing and virtual coffee/tea/ hot chocolate.
Been out all day so could not even say "good morning" on that thread. Just finished volunteering session at local charity shop. So many lovely people come in regularly for a browse and a chat.
Wish we could serve hot drinks there!