Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Wettish Wednesday

(18 Posts)
FarNorth Wed 01-Feb-17 21:50:35

Reading this in my PJs which I put on a couple of hours ago.
It's been a nice day here in the wilds of Scotland but I've had to be inside working.
Nice to relax at last. brew

Ankers Wed 01-Feb-17 19:49:53

I mean having sort of 1/2 an evening, and one eye...

Ankers Wed 01-Feb-17 19:49:04

Does anyone feel like me, in that, this time of year, getting into pjs at 8pm can seem very sensible?
I used to always like and look forward to the evenings, but this time of year, sort of 1/2 and evening, and one eye on snuggling/pjs/read/get ready for bed early, seems a better idea?

PoshGran Wed 01-Feb-17 17:53:58

Just pop my head round the door so I won't have anything thanks wink.
Roses, I would have thought in a virtual cafe you can virtually have any cake you want!!
Printmiss you did make me smile about the soup on the ceiling - I bet lots of us have tales like that. Well done you for getting things organised at home & recovering at the same time flowers. I have a friend who refers to her OH as a "mere male", he needs telling too. Who's got all the good ones?
See you all tomorrow sometimesmile

Morgana Wed 01-Feb-17 17:31:04

New front door fitted today. The poor fitter had to spend ages showing how to lock and unlock it
I felt a complete idiot! Had to write it down in the end!

PRINTMISS Wed 01-Feb-17 16:24:21

Well I have just sat down, and feel I deserve it. At last our home is almost back to normal. You will remember I fell and broke my hip at the beginning of November; well, at that time apart from trying to get the garden sorted, I was also using the horrible days for clearing out unwanted goods indoors and being firm with myself about what I wanted and did not want, consequently the spare bedroom was at that time awash with all sorts of everything, and the spare bedroom is the place I needed to sleep when I returned home. Of course my husband did not know what I was doing, and my daughter hardly had time to sort it out, so I quite literally slept in a jumble sale for about 3 weeks, unable to do too much, quite apart from which the other half is really quite useless and had really done nothing at all whilst I was a bit incapacitated - how someone manages to get tomato soup on the ceiling I shall never know! however, here I am at last, the spare bedroom is now tidy, I have been firm in my throwing out, and although I have been a bit slow, everything is now in some sort of order elsewhere - even the ironing is up to date! . I really do now appreciate how difficult life must be for those folk who are permanently disabled, and thankful that I have been able to recover as quickly as I have and yes the other half has helped, he just needs TELLLING.

Sar53 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:07:08

Good morning, just, from wet and miserable Essex. Have been food shopping and driven my lovely neighbour, who has recently had a hip replacement, to church. She couldn't find her keys and missed her usual lift !!
I will be making a lovely warming casserole for dinner and maybe baking chocolate brownies. My 7 year old DGD made some last week and they were delicious. She wants to go on The Junior Bake-off when she is a little older.
Sitting here with a cup of tea reading everyone's posts. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Ankers Wed 01-Feb-17 11:24:42

I am no good at this sort of thing, and was slow to understand the concept.
But I think I do now? So here I am!

Hello everyone!

I think I can get used to chatting in time on here.

A day where you are not sure what is going to happen, and then you end up being forced to help others with their "work" hmm
Not looking at anyone in particular, husband and friend.

Anyhoo, hope everyone in the cafe has something nice to eat or/and drink, and a nice day!

rosesarered Wed 01-Feb-17 11:17:15

There is also of course Soop's kitchen, which is a thread a bit like this one.
Room for all the threads though I should think?
What cake is on offer here? A large latte please to start with.smile brew

Angib Wed 01-Feb-17 10:05:12

Just been sorting out the fridge and freezer to see what was left over from Christmas and found some part baked rolls and bacon, what to do .. well it would be a shame to throw them out. Mmmm delicious!

PoshGran Wed 01-Feb-17 10:01:41

Mornin' Harrigran
You made a good point about thread relocation & it's a shame that feathers have been ruffled - they'll settle in time & folk will of course post where they feel most comfortable.

For my part, as a newbie (a whole 3 weeks!) to GN, I was looking for interesting, non-contraversial, short-burst chat. I had followed existing threads but not found anything that really suited, but the cafe idea is promising.

Must go - a trip to town beckons - picking up a book from W'stones for a course.Cheerio smile

loopylou Wed 01-Feb-17 10:00:36

Good morning ?
Ouch! ^ these young chits of girls ^ ? hmm
I think it's s great idea to group the threads, it's easier for new GNers to find. Anyone else for coffee?

harrigran Wed 01-Feb-17 09:22:46

A few did not like the idea of HQ relocating threads and may be delibertaly not visiting the cafe. The Good morning in chat has worked well for years but these young chits of girls think they can improve it. I don't care for this cafe and will not visit very often.

PoshGran Wed 01-Feb-17 09:14:09

Mornin' Grandmama.You seem to be in for what I call a Flanders & Swan day wink

PoshGran Wed 01-Feb-17 09:09:15

Hi Rinouchka. Yup, I'm confused (often) too. At time of getting my thinking head on this a.m I couldn't see anyone in the cafe today - which is why I knocked (it's only polite).
Perhaps the cafe has an upstairs as well & a bit round the corner - nevermind there's plenty of room!
Cup of tea anyone? brew

Grandmama Wed 01-Feb-17 09:06:45

An early customer - Gransnet hasn't popped up in my inbox yet. Not usually online until teatime but waiting in for the plumber to sort out the problem he sorted out on Monday! so just thought I'd say hello to everyone on a horrible, wet and misty day in Yorkshire.

Just had a lovely coffee and warm croissant smile so I'm feeling more cheerful than the weather.

Rinouchka Wed 01-Feb-17 08:40:54

Well, I am here and having a very big coffee! Good morning...but am confused as we appear to have two threads re Wednesday....

PoshGran Wed 01-Feb-17 08:33:35

Knock, knock - is the cafe open? hmm