Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

New to Gransnet?

(805 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Sep-18 10:53:26

Any new joiners? smile If you've recently signed up to Gransnet or have been around a while but haven't got round to posting anything yet, please pop over to Welcome to Gransnet to introduce yourself and have a virtual cup of cafe or wine.

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Feb-22 14:30:27

Fancy meeting you here!
We could have our own little private party?

Marydoll Wed 16-Feb-22 13:12:21

Thank you, Fanny! ?

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Feb-22 12:35:14

Bumping thread!
Welcome to GN! smile

westbrom Thu 23-Dec-21 15:56:23

Hi everyone, just some advice, have been feeling anxious when there is no need to be, are they coping etc with having new baby, is this normal ?

Ullabirgitta Sun 05-Sep-21 19:48:58

Welcome Nannieange, I’m Ulla Birgitta from Sweden. I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself here and make new friends

Nannieange67 Sun 05-Sep-21 19:02:23

I'm a new member from the Manchester area UK. Hopefully meet some lovely people on here. Hi everyone ?

nanna8 Fri 03-Sep-21 14:12:33

Welcome Felinehappiness and Ullabirgitta, hope you enjoy it here and don’t feel shy about starting threads, all new thoughts warmly welcome!

Ullabirgitta Fri 03-Sep-21 13:42:37

Hi everyone, I’m a new member and I just wanted to say hello. I’m Ulla Birgitta from Sweden, soon to be 70 year old deafblind mum, to 3 children, gran to 20 - yes 20 grandchildren and great gran to 3. I’ve been deaf and blind almost all my life due to a condition called Usher Syndrome. Hope to meet some new friends here.

Felinehappiness Sun 08-Aug-21 17:38:11

Hello everyone,
I am a new member,just wanted to say hello to everyone.

BlueBelle Sat 31-Jul-21 17:21:43

Hello to grandmajet, lifeintheoldgirl, onebraincell shell69 and sherrieb hope I haven’t missed anyone out
Look forward to seeing you all posting i; the many threads

SherrieB Sat 31-Jul-21 16:05:21

Hello everyone, I've just joined. Looking forward to chatting with you. Not sure how active the group is, but I'm giving it a go. :-)

cb1963 Fri 09-Jul-21 04:52:14

Hi Shel69, a warm welcome from me and hope you enjoy Gransnet

Shel69 Fri 02-Jul-21 19:30:46

Hi, new here, originally from the London but living here in Ireland for the last 17 years, looking forward to reading and chatting on here

Mapleleaf Thu 04-Feb-21 19:04:19

Hello to all recent newbies. I hope you are going to enjoy being on GN. ?

onebraincell Thu 04-Feb-21 18:49:00

Hi ... I'm a newbie who just joined and I'm still learning my way around.

Lifeintheoldgirl Wed 03-Feb-21 13:54:26

Just joined today. I found Gransnet whilst looking for style/beauty ideas for over-65’s. It’s my birthday on Friday and I realise the last twelve months have brought so many changes I have no idea how I see myself now, let alone how I want to present myself to the world when real life v2 resumes. So hello. I look forward to seeing how this new venture works.

grandmajet Tue 02-Feb-21 12:05:57

Hello all. I joined about a week ago and my screen time has shot up! Unfortunately I had to change my username after a couple of days as I hadn’t properly read the guidelines - I hope my new ‘friends’ will let me off! I’ve joined in on the games sites, carefully posted on the some chats, peeped shyly into the Kitchen and Lobstar premises and spent a riotous night out in the Argy! So far I love it, such a diverse group, I hope to get to ‘know’ more people as time goes on.

Skallagrigg Mon 18-Jan-21 19:49:59

Thankyou BlueBelle,

BlueBelle Sat 16-Jan-21 17:26:47

Welcome lomo shallagrigg nanna8 and nichorio looking forward to hearing from you all

Niochorio Sat 16-Jan-21 16:19:32

Not exactly a newbie,I think I joined Gransnet about 18 months or so ago when I took early retirement. However, I have been a lurker ?and thoroughly enjoy reading the latest threads. I have even found the courage to post myself a couple of times recently. Looking forward to getting more involved in the future.

nanna8 Sun 10-Jan-21 11:29:59

I’m a newbie, too. I have been on a couple of weeks and we have just come out of lockdown here so I feel for you all. We had 6 months of dreadful lockdown and still we all wear masks and hand sanitise at every shop we enter. It was worth it in the long run but a lot of us found we didn’t want to go anywhere or do anything for the first couple of weeks after we came out. Stockholm syndrome or something.

Skallagrigg Thu 07-Jan-21 21:35:18

Hi. I have just joined today because I have just become a Gran for the first time in December. Because of covid I have yet to meet her. Have only lived in Rutland for a couple of years so not got lots of friends here, hope to just have a friendly chat sometimes, now we are all in lockdown.

Lomo123 Wed 23-Dec-20 10:32:58

Hi I'm a newbie, looking forward to some chats. I'm up in Scotland.

Charleygirl5 Sat 28-Nov-20 15:57:27

Welcome to those who have recently joined.

Flora5 Sat 28-Nov-20 15:24:54

New to GN .... already made a few mistakes on the ' Games ' thread !! haha
Live in N Dorset , hoping to meet and chat to some interesting friendly people.
Im very fluffy ,woolyminded and can be very boring wink.