Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning Tuesday

(33 Posts)
kittylester Tue 15-Jan-19 07:06:24

Good morning. I hope Mick is having Windows problems and nothing more serious is going on.

It is not too cold in North Leicestershire. Buying a new freezer this morning and throwing away all the meals I have pre-prepared.Also chasing Dh's 'urgent appointment and then my first Alzheimer's Society course of the year.

Thinking of dragonfly.

ninathenana Tue 15-Jan-19 07:09:00

Sorry kitty will request mine be deleted.

Good morning all.

dragonfly46 Tue 15-Jan-19 07:12:17

Good morning Kitty and Nina, I also hope it is down to PC problems that Mick is not here.

Hospital check up today - very nervous as I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen.

Hope all those that follow have a good day.

kittylester Tue 15-Jan-19 07:15:49

I just knew that would happen nina - sorry. Shall I report this one?

It all goes to pieces when mick is not here!!

NanKate Tue 15-Jan-19 07:16:41

Morning Kitty Nina and Dragonfly.

Will PM Mick I think we are all worried about the Captain of our friendly ship.

Best of luck Dragonfly.

cornergran Tue 15-Jan-19 07:21:10

Morning Kitty, morning All. Hope you’re ok mick and Windows 10 is poorly rather than you. Coffee and lunch with a GN friend for me today, will be good to relax after an upsetting day yesterday. Mr C will try to fix an un cooperative blind. Suspect we’ll be shopping when I get back. Sorry about your feeezer kitty, not something you need just now. Will be thinking about you dragonfly, wishing you the best possible outcome. Is your husband able to go with you? Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Tue 15-Jan-19 07:30:44

Just sent Mick a PM. Will let you all know if I get a reply.

Gagagran Tue 15-Jan-19 07:40:43

Good Morning all! Hurry back Mick - we miss and need you!

It's another mild start to the day here on the south coast and I think it will be like this until the cold front reaches us on Friday. We took advantage and got out in the garden yesterday afternoon and had a good clearing up session. Looks much better and has given the emerging spring bulbs have a bit more room.

Ironing and mending (well sewing shirt buttons on!) for me this morning. Not much else planned. Might I suggest that you get a self-defrosting freezer kitty - saves so much hassle!

Hope there is a good day in store for us all and that Mick is back on duty tomorrow. sunshine

Maimeo Tue 15-Jan-19 07:49:49

Good morning, everyone....don’t usually post here but have become affected by your worry about Mick’s whereabouts, so sending you good wishes too, Mick!
Off to work shortly, heigh ho,..... but choir practice to look forward to tonight - singing really does cure all ills for mesmile!

Brunette10 Tue 15-Jan-19 07:51:17

Good Morning to all from a dark, windy and rainy Fife, miserable day. I do hope we can get some contact from Mick I will keep looking out for some news. Off to beauty rooms today first thing. Getting new doors, bed delivered today to update our small bedroom. DD with 2 x DGS's are due later too, busy day. Hope everyone is well.

BlueSapphire Tue 15-Jan-19 07:55:26

Good morning all. Still dark in Northampton but it's dry.
Just tidying up today in readiness for DBiL's visit.
Posted old passport off yesterday, special delivery - £6.50! Very strange to be doing just my passport; DH would have needed his renewing as well...
Hope everything is ok down in Brackley with Mick.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 15-Jan-19 07:57:58

Hello to all from the Scottish Borders where it feels colder today.
I send good wishes to Mick and sincerely hope it's just windows 10 and nothing serious.
Yesterday was unseasonably warm so I began to tackle some gardening.

Pittcity Tue 15-Jan-19 08:04:19

Good morning from a mild, grey Colchester.
Feels odd here without Mick.
Day of this and that here today.

1inamillion Tue 15-Jan-19 08:09:58

Morning all from a damp and unseasonably mild South Welsh coast. Thanks to all for their kind wishes yesterday, they helped a lot.
Going to have some breakfast and then tackle a mound of ironing, can't ignore it any longer. DH gone back to bed as he didn't sleep well, so I have some peace to do some chores. Hope it's a good day for everyone and that your check up goes well dragonfly46.

aggie Tue 15-Jan-19 08:15:18

Good Morning all , it looks very dark out there . We joined in the gardening yesterday , see a lot of us got the bug ☺
I hope Michael is ok and back with us soon

Marydoll Tue 15-Jan-19 08:23:31

Good morning all from Glasgow. Another one, who is concerned about Mick.
Not much planned for today, apart from nursery run to pick up DGD. We are so looking forward to seeing her.
I woke up with a blinding headache and more painful hands than usual. The pile driver pounding away in the building site near us has compounded it. ?
A bit of batch cooking for the freezer and a general pottering about is in store. Kitty I hope you get your new freezer sorted out, quickly. Did you know AO do next day delivery?
Sending my best wishes to Dragonfly. for today.
For those who are suffering or have sorrow, flowers

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Greyduster Tue 15-Jan-19 08:42:58

Good morning, Kitty and all GNs. May I add my good wishes to Mick and hope that all he has are solveable technically issues. We are all at sea without him. A clear cold day in South Yorkshire. I have to pick a book up from the library and then a bit of shopping to do. And a pile of ironing!☹️ Have a good day folks!

Greyduster Tue 15-Jan-19 08:44:53

Dragonfly??

Anniebach Tue 15-Jan-19 08:50:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

drsgonfly sending you hugs x

DoraMarr Tue 15-Jan-19 08:51:18

Good morning everyone from a bright but damp Birmingham. I add my concern about Micheal.
I’m not sure what I’m doing today because yesterday evening when I got to the hospital for my radiotherapy appointment the machine had broken down, so it all depends whether they can manage our appointments today.
I’ve been up for a couple of hours after I got a booking alert from Loco2, so I have now booked tickets from Paris to Bayonne for the first leg of our Basque Country trip in April. £100 for both of us on the TGV, first class, and on the upper deck so we will have great views.

harrigran Tue 15-Jan-19 08:53:21

Good morning, we have gale force wind again but not too cold.
Having lunch out with friend and DHs, this is our Christmas get together but because of family commitments we struggle to find dates we can both do. Retirement isn't what everyone thought it would be.

Auntieflo Tue 15-Jan-19 09:16:52

Good morning Annie and all. With all others am hoping Mick is OK.
Bit of a grey day here, nothing much doing, but looking forward to volunteering this afternoon.

NannyJan53 Tue 15-Jan-19 09:25:16

Good Morning everyone from a dull and drizzly Black Country.

Sincerely hope Mick is ok, and it is just PC problems.

Going to pop into Merry Hill shopping centre later this morning, as I need to buy a birthday gift for a friend.

Hope you all have a good day everyone. My best wishes and thoughts are with you Dragonfly and I hope there is not too much delay for your appointment Dora

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 15-Jan-19 09:32:15

Good morning everyone; now realise I'm not as fluent in gransnet as others tracking down this thread. No tennis today - focus on house for a change. School run this pm for GD then dinner with ex work mates tonight. I don't miss work but still enjoy the gossip.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Jan-19 09:52:44

Good morning all x

Good morning Anniebach xx

Echoing what all others have said in as much as hope it's PC problems keeping Mick away and not ill health.

Have a man coming this morning to clean my range and I am so pleased!!! Unfortunately I shall not feel like cooking on it afterwards ??

My back is not playing "the game" today and my sacroiliac joint is giving me a fair bit of pain, which in turn will make my trip to the local retail park to pick up a parcel from M &S and Boots uncomfortable not an excuse to browse and have a coffee and cake.

Wishing you all a peaceful and trouble free day.