Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's kichen for friendly folk and pampered pets

(1000 Posts)
soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:58:05

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and
Jolly good company...grin

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:59:54

We are open for brew [café] wine and cupcake(providing the bakers among us lot have been busy on our behalf.

Liaise Thu 27-Apr-17 15:11:23

As we have put down our moss killer and wept over the weather ruining plants over in the gardening section can we come into the new kitchen for tea and sympathy? I have just made a coffee sponge with buttercream filling and have a small black cat on my lap who has heard of Rory's food cupboard.

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 15:12:29

wine is not a problem but as I have never baked a cake in my life I doubt if I will be starting now. Nice to have moved so smoothly. I hope that everybody will find us- they should.

kittylester Thu 27-Apr-17 15:18:55

I've found you - but what did I miss at the close of the last one? I'm sure I heard talk of another new bag for Ann

Welcome liaise - all cake welcome here! Virtual cake is calorie free and also free of all allergens so that's OK!

Galen Thu 27-Apr-17 15:45:32

Got you
Joke from Alexa ' if you're scared of lifts:- take steps to avoid them! ' Boom boom.

Greyduster Thu 27-Apr-17 15:52:15

Anyone save me a seat by the Aga? We do have an Aga, don't we? And a footstool please as I am under strict instructions from Himself to rest the leg so no baking from me today I'm afraid - just a bucketload of boredom.
Soop I hope your medication is kicking in and the throat is feeling easier.
Galen I think Alexa needs to get out more!! ?

callgirl1 Thu 27-Apr-17 16:24:58

I can`t bake cakes, but the ice cream man is on his way, 99`s all round?
Lovely new kitchen, very nice décor, and the cuddly cat looks SO lifelike!

grannylyn65 Thu 27-Apr-17 16:46:57

Here are some white choc and raspberry brownies

and cats!

kittylester Thu 27-Apr-17 17:09:15

wot, I've just broken into the old kitchen to see how things are with you. I am bl**dy fuming on your behalf! Please, Please a solicitor and pronto. Search the a******e's room wearing rubber gloves for a hygiene, not fingerprint, point of view. How did you discover that he planned this before Christmas? Don't tell unless you want to but please feel free to offload if it helps.

I bet I know more rude colourful words than MacS, soop. I've had the Idiot for a son in law. He is living up to his name again but can't hurt DD any more. Hopefully, wot, you will get to that stage before too long.

Now, I don't know whose cats you think that is a photo of Grannylyn but one looks suspiciously like Rory and the other like my cat Kiwi!! I'll just sample your lovely looking brownies while you think. grin

Charley, when I am stressed I sleep like a baby - I think it's in the hope that all will be well when I wake up! It rarely works but I keep trying it.

GD, if the weather everywhere else is similar to here there will be a fight to get near the boiler. You, obviously, soop and anyone else feeling under the weather for whatever reason, should get first dibs but then bagsy me. grin

Galen, does Alexa put the rubbish out and do other essential tasks or just feed you useless information?

I'm off to witter about yet another scrape my BiL has got into. angry

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 17:19:33

grannylyn do those gorgeous cats have names? They are fond of each other's company and will not feel the cold.

wot how did you put up with that fool for so long? You have to look after yourself as he has had a head start and I would think wants to feather his nest with your money and property.

grannylyn65 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:31:14

In disgrace as pranced in with a dying budgie yesterday!!!blush

grannyqueenie Thu 27-Apr-17 17:33:38

I've had too much enough cake already today so I'd best not have any more...but wine on the other hand, surely it must be alcohol o'clock soon?
I'm sure I'm behind the times with news from the last kitchen so get well wishes to any poorly people, stamina to those moving house and courage to all facing trying times.
It's been a good day for me, with some enjoyable walking and a visit to a favourite cafe - hence the cake!
Here's a couple of photos from today I hope the various kitchen cats and dogs won't chase the birds or worry the sheep!

grannylyn65 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:39:53

They are named ( not by me ! ) Stan and Salen; Stan has green eyes and Salens are golden. They are brothers smile

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 17:52:00

I've got an appointment with my solicitor on Tuesday morning. I will 20 ministries so I am writing all my questions down. Partner started buying towels, iron etc when on his thrice weekly trips to Lidl where he stocks up ?. Big of a p.ss artist I asked why he wanted an iron as I do all his ironing and then he spilt the beans. Apparently, that's why he stopped smoking as he used to smoke 60 aday. So that he could afford rent. Why the help he couldn't have been open about it is the worst thing. I want him to follow through and move out now as he's a lying, lazy, insulting toad.

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 17:53:19

I will get twenty minutes free I meant

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 17:53:22

Liaise You and your cake are welcome with open arms. The more the merrier. grin

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 18:10:00

Galen glad that you are in fine fettle. grin

Greyduster Our kitchen has virtually all mod cons and never ever needs cleaning. That's what makes it special. Feet up. I've a wee stool ready and waiting.

callg I'm partial to a Magnum dark choc ice. It's good of you to treat us lot.

grannylyn65 Rory welcomes the new-comer pussy cats. What are their names? They look well-pampered...grinAww, sorry to hear about the budgie. Have just read that they are named Stan and Salen. I like the name, Stan. My son had a cat named Geoffrey.

kitty dear...witter away. The rest of us do. No harm in letting off steam.

granniequeenie Lovely photos. We also had a woodpecker call to feast on peanuts. Our Rory goes nowhere near the garden birds. They peck away without fear of interference.

wot Quite right. Although I think of him as being a rat. Toads are really rather nice. Ask our bags.

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 18:12:22

Okay. It is the time of day when I log off. Away to read the newspaper and attempt the quick crossword. I haven't the energy to ride the exercise bike.

Take very good care of yourselves. Thank you for making the kitchen a welcoming place. smile moon

oldgoat Thu 27-Apr-17 19:49:49

Just popping into the new kitchen to show off Oscar's new hairdo. GS didn't recognise him when he came home from school this afternoon. We got a telling off from the groomer for not using the grooming brush properly, but poodle cross-breeds have got very challenging hair and we have been trying our best to control it.
Bossy woman! These are the before and after pictures, both taken today. He does look like a different dog.
Hope you will soon be feeling better soop
and love to all the other Grans whose lives are difficult at the moment.

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 19:54:48

oldgoat are you sure that is Oscar in the second photo- he does look ever so smart.

annsixty Thu 27-Apr-17 19:56:19

I just need to tell you very briefly about my visit this afternoon to Rubylady who was admitted to hospital on Monday with a long standing heart condition.Just my luck I had been on the train just three minutes when a passenger collapsed. The train was stopped and we sat an hour and a quarter waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
I got a taxi to the MRI but arrived an hour later than I had said,at least I got there.
Ruby is lovely and in very good spirits but may be there for the long haul. With the weekend and a Bank holiday it will be Tuesday before further decisions about her treatment is discussed. It may be a pacemaker but she will have an angiogram first.

Crafting Thu 27-Apr-17 20:11:25

ann how nice of you to go and visit Rubylady. I am sure your visit cheered her up. Hope she is ok.

wot so sorry you are in this situation. Sounds as though you'll be better off getting rid of him asap.

oldgoat please could you let me know where Oscar had his trim? He looks so smart I thought I could have the same haircut myself grin

soop thank you for the welcome to yet another kitchen! Still a lovely warm and friendly place to be. kitty you've had long enough by the boiler, your cheeks are quite red (or is that the wine confused) Move over now it's my turn to get warm grin

cornergran Thu 27-Apr-17 20:14:09

Goodness, wot, I'm so pleased you have that solicitor appointment. I hope he/she will have copies of everything and will help you move on and fast. Virtual hugs for you. Chin up, you will prevail and if he's difficult just send in the grans.

I'm sure ruby was delighted to see you ann, but what a journey. Think you deserve something stronger than a cuppa

Those Alexa things seems scary, galen, hope you are firmly in charge. I'm sure I would never be able to get her to work, I have seen a demonstration which deterred me and confirmed my general level of dinosaur.

Oscar looks like a new dog, oldgoat, he does look adorable and always awakes serious dog envy here.

Hope your throat responds to the meds soop, it must be very uncomfortable indeed.

Unlike liaise (good to see you) and grannylyn (who ate all the brownies?), I don't have cake but I've brought a couple of bottles of wine, one red and one nicely chilled white, for late visitors which will keep beautifully for tomorrow - if there's anything left. smile.

MawBroon Thu 27-Apr-17 20:18:41

Thank you for keeping us up to date with rubylady, annSixty
With the move to the "new" kitchen did you see my post about Dementia- friendly screenings?
My friend's husband enjoyed his outing so much we are all going to the Emily Dickinson film next Wednesday afternoon!!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion