Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

The Basics

(14 Posts)
Lisaloo Sat 29-Sep-18 23:58:04

I'm guessing Gransnet is based in the U.K.? I'm in the U.S. and I'm wondering if it makes sense for me. Any other American's here? Thanks!

loopyloo Sun 30-Sep-18 07:17:34

I think there are! But we always like to hear points of view from all over the world, anyway, so welcome.

Marydoll Sun 30-Sep-18 07:48:37

There are quite few gransnetters from the US and also other parts of the world.
It's always interesting to get a different perspective on things.
Welcome!

ninathenana Sun 30-Sep-18 07:58:16

Weĺcome Lisaloo

Always good to hear a different slant on things. I look forward to reading your posts.
I'm curious, which state are you in ?
I'm from Kent which is S.E. England

tiredoldwoman Sun 30-Sep-18 08:03:44

Lisaloo , I'm in Scotland and the whole world sometimes doesn't make sense to me !
Gransnet is fun , unravels problems when you're in a tangle , provides ideas and information very, very quickly ! Sometimes I can actually contribute ! Please stay .

Teetime Sun 30-Sep-18 11:06:40

Hallo Lisaloo I'm here in Leicestershire. I am in an on line book club hosted by Facebook which is largely USA and UK based readers talking about all sorts and have made some great friends. Welcome to Gransnet I'm sure you will enjoy it. flowers

Dorita Mon 19-Aug-19 15:36:50

Id really like to correspond with you. Im on my own all day while my husband is out working for the last 2 years of his working life. How about you. Best wishes.

Greenfinch Mon 19-Aug-19 15:58:38

Sometimes if I can't sleep I turn to Gransnet and it is good to read contributions from those in different time zones.UK gransnetters usually don't contribute much at night.

Grannycool52 Mon 19-Aug-19 16:10:58

Lisaloo, I am in Dublin, Ireland. I've noticed posts on Gransnet from Switzerland, the Netherlands and Canada among other places. I love to read what grans elsewhere think. Welcome!

sodapop Mon 19-Aug-19 16:20:29

Hi lisaloo I live in France as do some other Gransnetters. Welcome.

Grammaretto Mon 19-Aug-19 16:30:14

Hi Lisaloo. I'm another in Scotland but there are posts from US, Canada, from Australia, South Africa (at least I think there are) New Zealand and from Europe. I guess it's the English speaking world.

No-one seems to mind if you interrupt a conversation on here just to have your say! You soon begin to "meet" the people.

BBbevan Mon 19-Aug-19 16:30:35

Welcome Lisaloo lot s of lovely people on here with lots of different points of view and some excellent advice and support should you need it. I am in SW Wales , very near the sea.

RosieLeah Mon 19-Aug-19 17:07:34

This would seem to indicate that there isn't a similar chat site in the United States. I wonder why?

Welcome lisaloo. I'm not actually a gran (yet) but I'm one of the older generation who enjoys reading the views of my contemporaries, even when I don't agree with them.

ninathenana Mon 19-Aug-19 17:30:29

The OP is almost a year old. I don't remember seeing any other posts fro Lisaloo