Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 22:03:53

nanny stop thinking your are being judged, is this why you
don’t want to go out locally?

Doodle Tue 20-Aug-19 22:25:35

Hi annie. Problems are nothing I can do anything about just more difficulties for my DGS. All I can do is pray for help. I just keep going over things in my mind and hoping they are all ok. Worry about family is pretty much all I do.

Ok nanny if we’re being honest here I am no oil painting. I have a huge nose with a big bump in the middle no cheekbones to mention. A long face and if I don’t smile I look pretty unapproachable and grumpy. However, I do smile. A lot. I smile at everyone I pass on the street whatever they look like. Sometimes I am ignored, sometimes they look at me as though I’m nuts but most of the time people smile back at me.
The truth is nanny no matter what we think, most people don’t actually notice what we look like at all. Apart from friends, people we pass in the street or meet in shops probably wouldn’t remember anything about us 10 seconds later.
I think a trip to the GP might be in order too but take heart nanny, we think you’re lovely ?

Nonnie Wed 21-Aug-19 09:32:38

nanny I think I understand, we have friends coming tomorrow and to all outward appearance I will be fine. I'll chat and smile but when they are gone I will fall apart. I am good at putting it on for others but when I don't have to I collapse into the unmotivated me.

I honestly don't think people look at other people, they are too busy worrying about how they look. I went to the shops the other day and had forgotten to brush my hair, forgotten to put in my earrings and not bothered with make up. Don't think anyone noticed or cared.

I agree with Doodle I smile at everyone I pass, I make conversation at the bus stop and even if it doesn't help me I like to think it has cheered the person I smiled at.

If you don't like your weight why not try to lose just a little bit? Sometimes if we have a lot to lose it is too big a task but if you decided to lose 1/2 stone and achieved it wouldn't you feel good? Diets are horrible things, just cut out/down one or two of the things you know you shouldn't eat. Good luck

nanny2507 Wed 21-Aug-19 17:10:06

Thanks everyone. I have decided today to try and cut down. Yes I had a piece of cake today but them only ate half of my panini. I've had no crisps and 1 small pack of sweets. Start small. I have always had an issue with my face. I am convinced I look like a man in womens clothes

SalsaQueen Wed 21-Aug-19 17:55:46

Nanny. You are overweight by 4 stone, about the same as I am. I find it hard to keep to a diet, so I cut down a bit. I still have cake, chocolate, whatever I like, but I don't go mad with it. Perhaps your medication needs changing or increasing? You are NOT ugly. You sound a caring, gentle, decent person. Be good to yourself. Look around, there are people who are nasty, unkind, mean - THEY are ugly. If you're unhappy with your looks, have your hair cut or coloured (I've had mine trimmed today), wear a nice pink lipstick, a bright-coloured top, paint your nails. I don't mean to belittle how you feel, but those things can make you feel attractive. I do all those things, and I put on my face, which I hide behind, if that makes sense. x

Dawn22 Wed 21-Aug-19 20:04:23

Doodle what you said about your good face put a smile on my face. Thank you for that. A smile is our own unique identity.
Tks D from D

Doodle Wed 21-Aug-19 21:20:01

Thanks Dawn ?
nanny if it’s any help, you could do what I tried to lose weight. Ok I was honest about the way I look I will be honest about my weight too. I am not huge. Many would say my weight is fine but I am very out of proportion in that all my weight is from the waist down. I decided I wanted to lose a bit but I really love my food. I decided that I would still eat all the things I like but for two or three days a week I would only eat half the amount I would normally. It worked. Not straight away but after a few weeks I noticed the weight started to drop.

Anniebach Wed 21-Aug-19 21:58:57

Hi all x

Fact - beauty within always radiates out

Fact - love radiates the face

Fact - a smile affects us inside and out, we feel good when someone smiles at us and we smile back.
? yes ?

nanny great advice given so give us a smile x

How is everyone ?

Doodle Wed 21-Aug-19 22:02:30

Big wobble this afternoon but have settled a bit this evening (aided by a glass of red wine). How about you annie?

Anniebach Wed 21-Aug-19 22:13:57

Hi Doodle x

Was it thoughts which caused the big wobble or something else?

I feel rather apprehensive, tomorrow the physiotherapy dept
hold their weekly meeting and decide if I can have help from
them at home .

I put a request on the towns local site this morning asking for
someone to do work in my garden. Had 17 replies , now I have a problem, which do I accept!

A week next Monday my elder granddaughter will be home in
Wales, longing to see her.

SalsaQueen Wed 21-Aug-19 22:22:14

I've been a bit up and down this week. Started with a urinary tract infection last Sunday, got antibiotics on Monday.

Started new job on Tuesday - I like the hours and locality, but it's boring and there's not enough to do (could be worse).

The antibiotics have made no difference at all, so saw the GP today, who said she thinks it's now in my kidneys. Got different antibiotics. Sick of weeing (32 times and counting).

Going out with younger son for dinner tomorrow night. Eldest son and his family are away on holiday, so I've been looking after the cat, fish and guinea pigs.

Annie...good luck for tomorrow x

Anniebach Wed 21-Aug-19 22:33:43

Salsa so sorry you have health problems, hope the second batch of anti biopics work .

You must find the new job a bit flat, you loved your previous job, let’s hope things will lighten for you x

Doodle Wed 21-Aug-19 23:15:54

Just thoughts annie. I think you once accurately described it as awfulising. All my own fault but it’s so hard to control my mind. Hope you get good news about the physio x

Joce345 Wed 21-Aug-19 23:18:24

Evening all. Hope all goes well Annie
Salsa sorry your not too good hope you are better soon..
Annie I would be so excited your family nearer to you must be a lovely feeling for you..
You always have kind words for all Annie yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak...

War is ugly, guns and knifes, are ugly...

Nanny I am a good 5stone over weight, I can easily lose a stone when I am in a bad place, then just put it back on when I am ok again. I stopped worrying about what anyone else thinks. I know I am a caring loving woman.. i worry about enough as it is...

Nonnie Thu 22-Aug-19 11:43:36

Sorry friends about to arrive so no time to reply to all. Thinking of you though.

nanny just a though, look at old photos of you and see whether you were as bad as you think you are. Pretty sure you will be surprised. When I looked back at old photos I saw that I was quite pretty and said so to DH. He was surprised I didn't realise at the time! Do you know anyone who looks in the mirror and likes what they see?

nanny2507 Thu 22-Aug-19 19:00:21

thank you everyone i totally agree with what you say...its like that film shallow hal. In the film he saw the true face of people...if you were ugly inside he saw an ugly face, if you were beautiful inside he saw a beautiful face. I am a very kind person and I will help anyone and everyone. I am caring and loving too xxx x

nanny2507 Thu 22-Aug-19 19:05:49

salsa i am sorry you are poorly i hope you are better soon. annie not long until your granddaughter is near so exciting are the 17 offers of help people that require paying? iff not cant you use them all?

salsa i love having my nails done i pick really bright colours and i love glitter ha ha ha

SalsaQueen Thu 22-Aug-19 21:44:26

Thanks, all, I'm a bit better today, although not better yet, but I feel these tablets will do the trick. The job is SO boring but I'll try to find things to do. I've applied for a job I'd really enjoy (but probably won't get it) as a vet's receptionist. Fingers crossed.

Nanny I hope you feel less unhappy today. Be nice to yourself - someone told me that when we're feeling, we need to look at ourselves in a mirror and say something positive ("my eyes/lips/hair/something is pretty/attractive"). I've got long eyelashes grin

SalsaQueen Thu 22-Aug-19 21:46:21

Annie How did it go with the Physiotherapist?

Joce345 Thu 22-Aug-19 21:56:39

Annie how was your physio today ...

Evening all..

Anniebach Thu 22-Aug-19 22:12:03

Salsa lets all be positive for you and cross our fingers too.
Glad you feel a little better x

nanny get those nails painted and glittered , you are gorgeous x elder granddaughter will be home in Wales 6th Sept. x

Doodle yes awfulising, we all do it , if there an exam we will
all get A grades x

Joce I have to wait for a telephone call from the physiotherapy dept,

Nonnie Fri 23-Aug-19 11:26:57

Salsa I hope the job will get better as you learn more about it but in the meantime who knows what is on the horizon, you might get the vet job, I hope you do.

nanny, go for the nails.

annie looks like quite a bit of light at the end of your tunnel, keep focused on it.

I'm exhausted, friends came yesterday, nothing difficult but just keeping up a positive act was hard. Dil coming round tonight for a girls night in so no stress with that. I can prepare food in advance, easy food and just have to go through a contract with her.

Have a good BH weekend all.

SalsaQueen Fri 23-Aug-19 15:54:43

Hello all, the job is quite isolating, but I had a walk around the place and chatted to a few of the residents, then moved some furniture about in my office, so it filled the time. Thankfully, my infection seems to be clearing up.

Hope you all have a good evening and weekend. My local Asda was very bust today, with people buying loads of food as though there's a shortage! The shop doesn't even close for Bank Holiday smile

SalsaQueen Fri 23-Aug-19 15:55:06

very BUSY, not bust grin

Joce345 Fri 23-Aug-19 22:57:09

Good night all sleep well. Been a long hard day today ???

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion