Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Anniebach Sat 31-Aug-19 20:17:44

Hi all x

Dawn thank you for the advice of a tea bag, infection is calmer but now have a stye. x

Joce a dolls house, how lovely x

Salsa the most the woman from the community team offered ? She will email exercises for me try !

nonnie elder granddaughter will be home in Wales next weekend. x

I have been battling with acceptance for a few days, there are things which are so difficult to accept.

My positive, a gardener is coming tomorrow to start on my garden

SalsaQueen Sat 31-Aug-19 21:02:54

Nonnie The HR department have got my P45, so they had better get it right grin. The company is a bit lax with things - I was given a work mobile, without a charger, and told to buy one and claim back the money...... muppets.

Joce345 Sat 31-Aug-19 23:14:48

Positive for today learnt my daughter how to make her own curtains, she was so pleased with them.. they really do look lovely.
Night all sleep well ?

Joce345 Sat 31-Aug-19 23:17:31

Annie I really enjoy doing my dolls house, my daughters got it me for my 60th bday been doing it for the last four years still not finished.. one day I will get it all done so much work in them but never get board with it..

nanny2507 Sun 01-Sep-19 17:02:05

hello all. Well a lovely week with little miss sassy pants 3 years old going on 13....

I hope you are all well xx

salsa ahhhh my little marshall..hes doing so well i adore him. After my few days in Scotland starting Tues, i will be getting a harness to start letting him out.

annie what great news about GD and Gardner.

joce i love a dolls house my mum had one for years and i used to love dressing it and going to fairs with her and my daughter

nonnie how are you xx

I,m sorry if i,ve missed anything or anybody xx

Joce345 Sun 01-Sep-19 18:17:10

nanny I love going to fairs, dolls houses I find fascinating it’s is a big one 4 storey high I am trying to do it 1960/70. Always fine something else to do in it. This last 12 months have been hard for me so not done much work on it hopefully will get back to it soon..
hope every one is doing ok today

Joce345 Sun 01-Sep-19 22:35:07

Annie how are you, how is your friend?

Anniebach Sun 01-Sep-19 22:41:43

Hi all x

My friend is still in shock and distressed but she is having very good support.

I admit I was shaken after our first conversation, she asked me
how I coped and about my emotions at the time, I haven’t allowed myself to think about them so much came flooding back .

The gardener didn’t turn up, I agreed with his hours , his rates, not even a message .

nanny2507 Sun 01-Sep-19 22:56:18

annie you are not having much luck with gardeners are you x I have missed what happened to your friend xx

Doodle Sun 01-Sep-19 23:05:15

annie fuming about your gardener. Why do people do this. Perhaps he will call tomorrow.
I hope in trying to support your friend you haven’t upset yourself.
I am so tired I must go to bed. I have been praying so much today God must be fed up with the sound of my voice. Over and over the same thing. Hope you are all ok. Sleep well all x

Nonnie Mon 02-Sep-19 10:38:45

Thanks for asking nanny, exhausted today because we went out yesterday and all that putting on an act takes its toll. Also done something nasty to my hip so need to see the doc.

I would love a dolls house to do up, always though a GD would be a good excuse but perhaps I don't need one. Add it to the list of all the things I'm going to do one day!

annie I've heard that in some areas gardeners are like gold dust. Will your GD be near enough to give you a hand or is it too big a job? Oh I understand how things trigger memories unexpectedly. I was doing something on Excel on Saturday and reached one of those points when I couldn't remember one of the functions. My mind when straight to 'I'll ask DS' and then realised I couldn't. We always helped each other with Excel if we got stuck.

nanny2507 Mon 02-Sep-19 12:48:58

nonnie I hope you dont mind me asking about your beautiful son. Did you find out what happened? Xx

Nonnie Mon 02-Sep-19 13:18:55

No nanny, the Coroner could find no reason but DH keeps telling me he died of a broken heart.

Nonnie Mon 02-Sep-19 13:20:24

nanny can you imagine how I worry about those I love when I had no idea I would never see one of my children again? They are very understanding and keep me informed of what is going on in their lives, I don't even have to ask.

nanny2507 Mon 02-Sep-19 15:25:49

Awww nonnie it's so sad and I'm so sorry that both you and annie have gone through such pain xx

Nonnie Mon 02-Sep-19 17:10:23

Yes, different reasons but the result is exactly the same.

Joce345 Mon 02-Sep-19 17:47:10

Positive for today I have been for a walk and enjoyed it

Joce345 Mon 02-Sep-19 17:49:08

Bless you Nonnie

Hope every one is having a good day

Annie have you heard from the gardener?

nanny2507 Mon 02-Sep-19 19:08:58

yes nonnie xx

Anniebach Mon 02-Sep-19 21:57:58

Hi all x

Joce a lovely positive x

nonnie do have your hip checked x

The gardener contacted me today, apologised, he was called in to work. I thought he was gardener No 5 but no, No 7, I
couldn’t find the energy to look for yet another so accepted his apology, he will now come next Monday, I am trying not to be negative but ‘bet it will rain’ comes to mind !

Haven’t done anything or seen anyone. Sorry so boring.

Nonnie Tue 03-Sep-19 10:13:40

Sorry you are so down annie

Thanks all for your kindness.

Already had a standard appointment with the doc for tomorrow so hip will have to come first. I have been trying to hard to do some walking for my health but now can't even do that. Just hoping it is is something the doc can sort as pretty sure I did it to myself when using a resistance ring.

Doodle Tue 03-Sep-19 21:30:04

Feel really strange at the moment. I have started having vertigo spasms when the room spins. Only at night or early morning when I move my neck. It doesn’t last for more than a few seconds but makes me feel a bit odd. nearly fell off the toilet the other morning blush
Hope you all sleep well x

Anniebach Tue 03-Sep-19 21:38:51

nonnie do let us know how it goes with your GP. x

I am more frustrated than down .

Doodle does your neck feel very tense? Have it checked could be tension or something is ‘Out’ x

I have a positive, Physiotherapist calling Friday with splints for my hands. Oh why didn’t they do it a year ago , but they are trying to help now.

Joce345 Tue 03-Sep-19 22:45:25

Aww Annie bless you, do hope the splints help some for you...

I personally think that our NHS is going down hill fast, would like to know others opinion on this, I find it rather worrying.

Positive for today I have had a good day.

Doodle that doesn’t sound nice hope you feel better soon

Nonnie hope you get sorted quickly.

Good night all sleep well god bless

Joce345 Tue 03-Sep-19 22:46:32

A good day in that I have felt mentally good just hope it lasts.. ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion