Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(718 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 18:22:13

annie I remember the day you posted on here about the terrible loss of your lovely daughter. Please know that we are thinking of you.
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you, may the Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace.
Take care dear friend x 💕

SalsaQueen Thu 31-Oct-19 19:17:47

Nonnie Sorry, I realised it was Joce345 who had seen her grandchildren. It doesn't bother me to not drink tea or coffee (I only usually have 2 hot drinks per day, anyway. I can't see it making any real difference to my bladder problem.

SalsaQueen Thu 31-Oct-19 19:21:35

boheminan Don't try to get better without medication - it can and does help many, many people. I was on Citalopram for years, then realised it was having no effect, so I went back to the doctor and asked to be put on Mirtazapine (I'd heard good things about it). I'm on the maximum dose of 45mg, and can honestly say I haven't felt so well in years. I have the odd day when I'm a bit low, as everyone does, but overall, I feel good.

boheminan Thu 31-Oct-19 19:31:54

Thanks for your advice but I believe I can get through this without medication. The St John's Wort, coupled with therapy really helped, however my therapist retired a couple of months ago - and I believe that's a lot to do with my now Black Dog days. It's so good to be here and to realise I'm not on my own smile

sharon103 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:43:09

flowers for everyone.

Dawn22 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:44:11

Dear Annie
Thinking of your courage and bravery as you deal with the most difficult of emotions at this time.

My thoughts and prayers are fully with you.

Kindest regards. Dawn shamrock shamrock xxoo

Joce345 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:52:21

Welcome bohemian, sure you will fit in hear we all have problems and or hear to support one another when and where we can. Stay strong bohemian...

boheminan Thu 31-Oct-19 20:04:53

Annie flowers

Grannmarie Thu 31-Oct-19 21:49:08

Good evening, all, we've been travelling all day and I've just got WiFi.
Doodle and Salsa, thanks for the welcomes.
Anniebach, please accept my condolences, thoughts and prayers on the anniversary of the loss of your dear daughter, please try to remember the happy times.
I've been thinking about the Gillybobs, but I can't find Good morning Thursday for an update, I hope today was better for them.

Grannmarie Thu 31-Oct-19 21:50:10

Welcome, Boheminan.

Dawn22 Thu 31-Oct-19 23:31:52

Bohemian
Of course you can come in. We all belong here as much as we need it and a place to feel accepted and encouraged.
Sleep well tonight and take care from Dawn x

Joce345 Fri 01-Nov-19 09:50:38

Annie my prayers thoughts are with you today.. xx

Nonnie Fri 01-Nov-19 09:57:01

Salsa that's fine, we all make mistakes.

I read somewhere that coffee can irritate the bladder so maybe tea does as well? So difficult when there is so much info about. DH has just told me that eating lemons lowers your BP! I love fresh lemons and have low BP!

Bohemian have you had your thyroid checked? I've heard mixed messages about St John's Wort but one definite is that you should not take it if you have thyroid issues.

Nonnie Fri 01-Nov-19 09:57:50

Just for you annie flowers flowers sad

Flutterby1 Fri 01-Nov-19 13:23:42

Annie my thoughts are with you🙏
Bohemian like you I am also trying to deal with my anxiety without meds. Maybe we could share what’s working and not with each other. My anxiety started after a stressful healthscare but that was ok thanfully. I am really bothered with knot/churny tum. I can get that anxious feeling over small things and sometimes I do not. Probably it’s all to do with thoughts that pop into my mind although sometimes I feel the physical feelings and don’t know why.
Anyway nice to have you onboard. Dr Claire Weekes books are very good.

SalsaQueen Fri 01-Nov-19 22:48:48

Nonnie.... looking at the website for overactive bladder, there are lots of foods and drinks that can exacerbate the problem:
tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fizzy drinks, fruit juices.
Also, citrus fruits, chocolate, onions, processed foods, tomatoes.

They're all the things I like! I'll see how many I can cut out and see how I get on.

Joce345 Fri 01-Nov-19 22:55:37

Goodnight all sleep well 💤 .
Annie you are in my thoughts and prayers God bless..

Doodle Fri 01-Nov-19 23:30:57

Hope you’ve ok annie. Thinking of you x

Nonnie Sat 02-Nov-19 11:29:15

Salsa good luck with that. I suppose I could cope with most of them although we use onions in many meals and tomatoes too. Coffee though? No just couldn't!

anniedid you get your new handrail?

Have a good weekend all.

Anniebach Sat 02-Nov-19 13:00:29

Hi all x

Thank you so much x

I have the new handrail, has rained since it was fitted !

How is everyone?

SalsaQueen Sat 02-Nov-19 15:27:24

Anniebach I'm glad you've got the handrail. I hope the rain will stop for a while so that you might get outside. x

grapefruitpip Sat 02-Nov-19 18:12:09

Weather forecast is promising!

nanny2507 Sun 03-Nov-19 22:51:02

Hello everyone. Feeling much better today lingering sore throat with the voice pitch of a teenage boy. Xx hope everyone is ok welcome bohemian

SalsaQueen Mon 04-Nov-19 13:26:43

How is everyone today? I'm feeling very annoyed.... I ordered a rug from Amazon a month ago. It was coming all the way from China, which I hadn't realised. It came today - and it's so horrible, I'm sending it straight back. Thin, cheap and nasty. It's actually the material that underlay is made of, with a pattern printed on it. Nasty. £61 wasted.

Joce345 Mon 04-Nov-19 17:54:39

Aww no Salsa you do right straight back.. think it makes it worse when you wait so long for them to come, sure you will get your money back...

Annie how are you today?

How’s every one else doing..

Anniebach Mon 04-Nov-19 19:34:35

Hi all x

I am ok ,

How are we all doing ?

Joce345 Mon 04-Nov-19 19:57:55

That’s good to hear Annie. Have you tried you rail out yet ?

Nonnie Tue 05-Nov-19 10:06:14

Difficult when you buy online to tell the quality unless it is a brand you know.

Have a horrible feeling something bad is about to happen. Wish it would just do so now and get it over with.

Anniebach Tue 05-Nov-19 10:12:55

Hi all x

nonnie , what do you fear is going to happen ?

Joce345 Tue 05-Nov-19 12:13:36

Think that’s something we get, goes hand in hand with anxiety, fear something horrible is going to happen.. hope it passes for you soon Nonnie

Hi everyone else, hope all are doing ok..

Annie have you had chance to try your hand rail out yet ?

Sending all a hug to help you though the day if you need it, and if you don’t you can have one as well ....

Nonnie Tue 05-Nov-19 12:38:58

No idea, just this awful feeling of impending doom.

Anniebach Tue 05-Nov-19 13:12:01

nonnie it’s anticipatory anxiety my love, when something has occurred in our past which traumatised us we fear the future will bring more trauma .

It also means we are fearful about an event to come such has having surgery ,sitting an exam etc anything which we think will hurt/harm us .
hurt us.

Joce345 Tue 05-Nov-19 15:21:40

Annie why has no one explained it like you have to me.. that makes perfect sense.
I didn’t explain it very good, just know that’s how I feel when I get it very very scary.. thought it was one thing we get when suffering with anxiety depression..

SalsaQueen Tue 05-Nov-19 15:39:11

Joce345 The seller (from China) of the "rug" has said he'll refund my money and told me I can keep the thing. My husband can have it in the shed grin

Nonnie I have those feelings sometimes, for no apparent reason. I think what Annie said makes sense.

Annie How are you?

Joce345 Tue 05-Nov-19 16:46:21

Salsa fingers crossed you get it back soon, that’s brilliant new and for you hubby hehe..

SalsaQueen Tue 05-Nov-19 17:44:03

Joce345 Thanks. He's already got the rugs I'd got fed-up with, in his shed. (the damned shed is massive, big enough for his beloved motorbike and all his other stuff)grin

Joce345 Tue 05-Nov-19 19:11:26

Haha the man shed salsa, my hubby has one, I keep saying he should move in.. is it wrong the thought excites me hehe.. I do love him.

SalsaQueen Tue 05-Nov-19 22:27:52

Joce34 My husband often goes to his shed to tinker about with things grin. It appears to be a common thing for men to have their own place to faff about in. Why don't women have a place?

Doodle Tue 05-Nov-19 23:02:14

Hello all. Salsa sorry about your rug. What a disappointment. At least you don’t have the hassle of sending it back.

Have you been able to venture out with your new handrail annie. Weather not been too good lately. Have you finished far from the madding crowd yet?
nonnie I often find that annie can explain something well or put a different outlook on things that helps.
Hope you all sleep well. Take care all x

Nonnie Wed 06-Nov-19 10:44:59

Morning all. Sounds like I am not alone feeling like that.

A bit better today and just decided to take my own advice and be kind to me. Going to cheat and buy puds for a lunch party instead of making them and going to get the bus into town instead of walking.

DH has a huge study and a garage, neither of which do I ever visit. I have a sweet little shed in which I keep the garden stuff and can keep organised. Think DSs learned from me rather than him, they are organised!

Joce345 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:40:44

Salsa I do have my own little room where I sew and do my dolls house.. my hobby room, I call it my sewing room, I do enjoy going in there, more so on these dark cold nights.

Nonnie it's cheaper to buy now than make I think... I did Parkin and toffee apples for my brothers bonfire cost me a small fortune, still it was nice we all enjoyed it.

SalsaQueen Wed 06-Nov-19 21:46:39

Joce345 That space of your own sounds very nice.

Anniebach Wed 06-Nov-19 21:55:37

Hi all x

I have been in Lincolnshire for hours today !

I so miss doing cross stitching and knitting and tapestry, wretched arthritis.

Not been walkies with the hand rail yet and the physiotherapist is calling tomorrow, gulp.

Doodle have just finished Jane Eyre. Couldn’t relax listening
to Far from the Madding Crowd, the reader would try using accents and it was irritating, I will look for someone else reading it. Next I will listen to Stephen Fry, I have read two of his auto biographies, poor man has struggled with bi polar .

Salsa rotten luck with the rug.

Been thinking about nonnie’s post.

We do not treat ourselves kindly, let’s try this ?

We have a good day and we are pleased / relieved , but we need to reward ourselves too, we put so much into reaching good days , so let’s have rewards , no matter what, bar of chocolate, our favourite meal, anything but we need to think
‘I deserve this ‘. Because we do , yes ?

Joce345 Wed 06-Nov-19 22:32:46

Aww Annie I love cross stitch, struggle with my eyes now.
Knitting as well.. my hands hurt to knit.. I feel for you Annie horrible when you can’t do you hobbies. So grateful I can still do my sewing and little house.. I do love to read as well.
Hope you were in Lincolnshire to enjoy Annie
Good luck for tomorrow with physio..
I read one of Steven Fry’s book yes he really do struggle such a lovely man.. good idea with the reward does that mean I can have the odd glass of wine Annie..
God bless all .. good night sleep well 💤 ..

Doodle Wed 06-Nov-19 23:02:17

I like Steven Fry’s voice. Hope you enjoy his books *annie

Not sure what you mean about being in Lincolnshire annie. In your mind? Doing something nice?

I like the idea of a reward for a good day. Chocolate would be a good one for me ...plus jelly babies, liquorice all sorts and wine gums ...😀

Nonnie Thu 07-Nov-19 13:36:30

The play on R4 at 1415 each day are sometimes worth listening too, some not so good. I try to make that my 'time out' and it works sometimes although on others I find myself wandering round the house thinking about 'things'. Never really got into audio books, maybe one day.

Anniebach Thu 07-Nov-19 18:59:11

Hi all x

Joce you have been doing so well for a while, a glass of wine ? 😀
Doodle I was ‘in Lincolnshire yesterday‘ , it was 1743 , I have been asked to research 3 separate family trees for 3 families in
Lincolnshire, know nothing about the county , been asked if i could finish one by Christmas,

Back some years ago I transcribed the births , marriages and deaths for archives in a Welsh county, took five years, I so remember writing a cheque and putting the date 1807 instead of 2007, I had been typing 1800 for days !

Will your rewards be all you listed the same day ? 😀

Mine will be a piece of fudge, or two or three

Dawn22 Thu 07-Nov-19 20:01:47

Well done Annie for all your research.
It is so important to keep the mind occupied and distracted on good things. I try and do that myself.

Best wishes to everyone as well and l wish you all a peaceful evening and a good sleep.

Dawn xx flowersflowers

Doodle Thu 07-Nov-19 20:07:05

Ahh now I understand. I didn’t think your been out 😀
What was the weather like in 1743 annie it was a bit nippy here 😊. Seriously, what an interesting thing to do.
Unfortunately, I will have to cut back on my rewards as I have been overindulging recently and my scales are objecting. Tonight however I will be having some peanuts (I love savoury things) and some dark chocolate (I prefer fruit and nut milk chocolate but if I have that I will eat the whole bar. I have no self control)
I saw my DGS today. His smile makes me so happy. I love him to bits (as I do my DGDs too) . He is making little steps forward annie. I keep praying and hoping.
Hope all my friends sleep well tonight. God bless x

Joce345 Thu 07-Nov-19 20:54:41

Annie it must be so interesting what you are doing, 1743 would be good if we could take a look back, often wonder what my Dad would think if he could see how things have changed in the last 50 years. Only found about 10 years ago, my Dads brothers were soldiers can home on leave, my Dad was coming up to the age to have to go to war.. they took my Dad out got him drunk and broke his leg, that must have been so hard for them, that was how much they loved there little brother.. don’t know why I told you that.. just makes you wonder about the years gone..
hope every one get a good night sleep 💤🌸

Nonnie Fri 08-Nov-19 09:27:20

Nostalgia seems to be running high at the moment. Nice to have something to get your teeth into as long as you find it interesting. I have a couple of friends who spend huge amounts of time researching their families and one travels round the world to meet distant relatives. They get a lot of satisfaction from it.

Joce forgotten what a good night's sleep is!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards. Sun is shining and the garden is colourful. Have a few tasks planned for today and really think I will achieve them.

Cherrytree59 Fri 08-Nov-19 11:58:37

Dawn I have sent you a PM
Better late than never smile

Joce345 Fri 08-Nov-19 13:22:13

Nonnie sun what is that??? Bet it’s so lovely to see a bit of sun enjoy..
Still rain and more rain hear.. floods every where round us. The river burst it banks near Meadowhall everywhere was stood, so so sad for the people who live there.. just down road from me the river is very high, and parts of the roads are flooded, hopefully it will stop soon.
Hope everyone is having a good day. Enjoy

Joce345 Fri 08-Nov-19 13:25:15

Nonnie the fresh air might make you sleep better hopefully..
nothing worse when you don’t sleep, don’t know about you, but I don’t cope if I haven’t slept. We do really need sleep for more reasons than we think..

Nonnie Fri 08-Nov-19 15:33:32

Joce been hearing about the floods on the news and it does sound horrid. Some of the people affected are remarkably stoic, think I wouldn't be so good at coping.

Haven't been out in the sun but have enjoyed it from my window. It makes no difference to my sleep if I have been out, if I've had a lot of exercise or if I've slobbed all day. I just don't sleep on the non-pill days. Wish I could find a solution as the news inundates me with how bad insomnia is for us.

Have a good weekend all.

Joce345 Fri 08-Nov-19 16:05:32

You have a good weekend as well Nonnie, I have been sleeping a lot better since going on the CBD oil, don’t know if it’s phycological or not but If it working I will keep going..

Rowantree Fri 08-Nov-19 16:45:17

How does CBD oil help and what is it for?

I have been feeling lower recently and am worrying that my depression is returning. My sleep is disordered, I've got a cold virus which has dragged on for several weeks, I'm lethargic and lacking in energy and motivation to get on with anything. I procrastinate and am starting to compare myself unfavourably again to others. There are a few recent family problems which are causing stress and anxiety too so that doesn't help.
I feel rather useless at the moment; I start things half heartedly and can't finish them (sewing projects, the gym, exercise classes and so on). I can't even persuade myself to get out into the garden and plant my poor bulbs.

It's like looking at a mountain to climb sometimes.

Joce345 Fri 08-Nov-19 19:00:21

Rowantree the CBD oil seems to have help me in a few ways since I started taking it I am sleeping 100% better.. my anxiety is 90% better I am a lot more chilled than I have been for a long time.. having said that it’s doesn’t help everyone, you really need to check that it’s ok, it can interfere with some meds.. do research ask your GP..

Anniebach Fri 08-Nov-19 21:22:12

Hi all x

Rowantree sorry you are feeling so low. How long since you last had the depression?

Anniebach Fri 08-Nov-19 21:23:31

Joce are you in that flood area ? It’s awful

Joce345 Fri 08-Nov-19 23:49:20

Yes Annie we are. It’s very flat where I am the floods are 5 mins walk away. Then Meadowhall is 20 mins drive from me.. park gate is 10 minutes away it’s both sides of us really.. yes it’s bad we are alright up to now, but some poor people aren’t so lucky.. daughter got stuck in traffic at Meadowhall for a good hour but got home save. Night all hope the rain stays off none at the moment..

Rowantree Sat 09-Nov-19 10:29:19

Anniebach several years since I was really unwell, but I've had the odd day or even week when I've felt very low and then I start panicking that I am going downhill again. Right now I don't know if it's the virus dragging on or my state of mind. We were meant to be going into Croydon today (enough to lift anyone's spirits!) for some training for campaigning and then meeting John McDonnell (not your bag, I know, but still) but everything feels like a mountain to climb. I feel pathetic. It's like someone has flicked the switch off and I'm in a different room from everyone else and that is frightening and lonely.

Nonnie Sat 09-Nov-19 10:50:39

Rowan you have had a virus and it looks like you are trying to do too many things, calm down and be good to yourself. I think we all want to feel we can 'achieve' but some days we simply can't. If I put things off until later in the day they never get started so I write lists and tick off the 'easy wins' on days when I know I can't do as much as I would like. Do you have to go to the gym? Could you let yourself off and go for a short walk? Clean one room in the home thoroughly, that's exercise too? I like Christmas so have done some thinking and list making, small steps at a time. BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

Anniebach Sat 09-Nov-19 11:03:28

Rowantree you are NOT pathetic .

Have you seen your GP ?

I had a really bad breakdown some years ago and for some years after if going through a down time I was so fearful I was
heading for another breakdown, I didn’t though.

A virus can drag us down , flue causes depression so can any virus.

Do you feel low come the start of winter ? Several of us who post on this thread do.

So many things can cause us to feel low, this sounds daft but
right outside my living room window is a beautiful flowering cherry tree, looking at it this morning, bare branches , I felt
down, am curled up on the sofa and can’t be bothered to do
anything .

I have listed some reasons for feeling as you do but only a GP
can diagnose depression.

Don’t try to set yourself so many goals , reading your list of going to the gym, exercise classes, sewing projects, I wouldn’t want to get out of bed. You seem to be challenging yourself ?

Please don’t compare yourself to others, you don’t know their
thoughts, their troubles they don’t share . You are knocking your self confidence .

I felt very down yesterday evening, my younger granddaughter has moved to the same place as her brother and sister, they and my two granddaughters partners were all in the same apartment together , they FaceTimed me, lovely to see them all together but I realised another part of my life was over, got an empty nest again .

Have a chat with your GP, and talk to us here, we are here for each other and we all understand.

By the way, the election campaign is making me feel down 😀
do let me know if John McDonald is as charming in real life as on tv x

Joce345 Sat 09-Nov-19 17:57:37

Rowantree bless you just got to take baby steps, Annie give good advice. A virus on its own can knock the stuffing out of you, they take longer than we think to get over my grandchildren have had a nasty virus if you have had the same one it’s took them a good 3 weeks to bounce back and they are children, lot longer for us to get over steady is the best way. hope you feel better soon. Be kind to your self..
sending you a warm hug...

We have more rain errr ..

Anniebach Sat 09-Nov-19 21:07:25

Joce how are you coping with all the rain, when in rains here in winter I think ‘thank God it’s not snow’,

Have I snow phobia ? You bet, forecast gives ‘snow in Scotland’
and my tummy does a little flip 😀, I hate the stuff

Joce345 Sat 09-Nov-19 21:48:44

It’s been a lot dryer today Annie thank goodness. Just a bit of rain... I don’t mind the snow if I can stay indoors haha. had a very hard frost this morning.. but that’s better than more rain river seems to have gone down a bit.. weather man say it’s going to be dry all weekend,

Nonnie Sun 10-Nov-19 12:26:45

I watched the ceremony on TV this morning and, strangely, it seemed comforting, don't know why. Perhaps something to do with tradition or caring? Usually it upsets me because of a family member who died on active service and, more recently, my own loss. Weird the way the mind works.

Luckygirl Sun 10-Nov-19 12:41:38

I have not contributed to this thread for a long time, but I just wanted to bob in to say one thing: do not forget the Samaritans.

Life has for me been a challenge for a long time - sick OH deteriorating rapidly and needing to move to a nursing home.

One night last week I felt so bad and was very weepy: generally sad about this situation, and consumed with guilt that I had not been able to care for him myself. It was too late to ring any friend or family member, and I could not see how I might lift myself out of the pit I was in. I never dreamt that there might come a moment when I might need to ring the Samaritans, but I did so - and how glad am I that I made that decision.

The man I spoke to just listened and then said all the right things - things that have helped me to turn a corner and accept how things are without guilt.

So I just thought I would say to folks - do not dismiss them or think that phoning them is not for you - give them a try if things get bad. They are happy just to listen.

Doodle Sun 10-Nov-19 12:54:58

luckygirl how kind of you to think of others when you have such a worrying time yourself. I am glad the Samaritans were able to give you some comfort.
I think all those who find themselves at a point where they can no longer care for a loved one at home go through all the same feelings of guilt that you do. I know my dear SIL was consumed with guilt when she could no longer care for my brother at home. I think it’s natural that if you love someone, you will feel that way but the reality is there comes a point when all the love in the world cannot overcome the physical or mental capability to cope with someone with a serious physical or mental illness. I hope you have found some peace within yourself now and thank you for your advice.

Anniebach Sun 10-Nov-19 13:45:01

Hi all x

Luckygirl glad you found support from the Samaritans and thank you for the reminder.

May I add, I worked for Sams for a number of years, there is nothing the volunteer hasn’t heard before and nothing one may think is too trivial or too heavy for them.

Nonnie Sun 10-Nov-19 16:19:11

lucky good for you knowing when you needed to reach out and doing it.

I think a problem with being a mum/carer is that we feel we should be able to cope with everything and make it better. After years of doing so it is hard to accept there are things we cannot fix. We should be able to let it go but it is too hard for some of us.

Dawn22 Sun 10-Nov-19 17:35:38

Nonnie
Thank you for the tip about the Radio 4 play at 14.15 daily. Always useful to hear about anything distracting. I am often on the lookout for same.

Annie good advice also not to compare, it is a bit of a modern day malaise. It gets me nowhere but l am prone to it.

Dawn xx

Anniebach Sun 10-Nov-19 17:44:50

Comparing ourselves with others isn’t good for us, when we do it we always come off with lower self esteem because we choose to compare ourselves with someone we think has ‘got things right’ . We have no idea what their thoughts are in the night, what their hopes are, they may even be comparing themselves with someone else.

Hope this makes sense x

Joce345 Sun 10-Nov-19 21:09:53

Nonnie I watched the remembrance always makes me cry. my son was in the armed forces, he came home some off his friends were not so lucky. I cry for there mums. Sad day but we need to remember..

Annie you are so right we should never compare ourselves, always give good advice.

I remember that guilty feeling when we had to put my dear father-in-law in a nursing home, we had no choice in it, but that feeling of guilt is so so bad.. it broke our hearts we would have done anything to keep him at home sometimes it just gets took out of our hands...

Nonnie Mon 11-Nov-19 11:22:54

Joce my brother didn't come home so it has always been difficult for me, no idea what it was comforting this year.

We could compare ourselves with others on this thread because, however we look at it, there is someone here worse off than ourselves. None of us has all the things others have.

I have a positive today! I have spent the morning chopping, grating, measuring and mixing my homemade mincemeat. I've adjusted the recipe for the one who doesn't like chopped peel and now it is maturing until I add the brandy tomorrow. I'm feeling far too pleased with myself for doing this instead of buying some.

Joce345 Mon 11-Nov-19 13:15:03

Aww Nonnie I am sorry.. I was so desperate for my son to come out of HMF, may be selfish of me, I never told him that.
You should be pleased your own mince sound lovely, beats buying every time, well done you...
yes there is always someone worse than our selfs that true.

Hope everyone else is having a good day..

Anniebach Mon 11-Nov-19 14:13:21

Hi all

Great nonnie* , truly a positive

Joce how are you ?

Was listening to this and thought others may want to , Claire Weekes, a two minute talk

youtu.be/8XC8S_T3tGE

Joce345 Mon 11-Nov-19 18:02:18

Annie do you know I am doing ok thank you for asking.. don’t think you dare say you ok just in case..
I am the best I have been for years.. I have had one small blip, soon got past it fewww.
We still keep getting rain just pray for the people that have no home to go back to, hopefully it will hold off but there are giving warnings again.
I will be listening to Claire weekend Annie for sure.

Anniebach Mon 11-Nov-19 18:37:19

Joce you are doing great, you battled through x

Joce345 Mon 11-Nov-19 23:50:34

Thank you Annie how are you doing, have you tried your new hand rail out yet? That would be brilliant if you could.

How is everyone else’s doing?

Nonnie Tue 12-Nov-19 11:10:49

Not so good today. Yesterday we heard that the father of one of DS's friends was ill in hospital and not getting the care he deserved. Today we heard that he died. So sorry for him, he has been very supportive since our son died and is going through a tough time. Less than a year since his mum died and his marriage has ended too. He has all the material stuff but not the loving support he needs. He lives in Belgium so sorting it all out is going to be very hard.

Joce345 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:08:52

Nonnie so sorry to hear you sad new.

Anniebach Tue 12-Nov-19 20:59:34

nonnie so sorry x

joce I have walked half way down the path several times and
put the recycling out this evening .

Joce345 Tue 12-Nov-19 22:37:57

Wow !!! Annie that’s brilliant news. How did you feel? I am so so pleased for you, you are so brave...

eilyann Wed 13-Nov-19 18:25:16

annie Well done indeed! You couldn't have done that such a short time ago. Baby steps maybe but steps!flowers

Anniebach Wed 13-Nov-19 18:52:50

Hi all x

Thank you, I am pleased I have made a start to recovery.

I have a problem, my physiotherapist ! She is very nice person but sooo bossy . Last week I walked to the end on the path with her. She said before she left ‘ I will see you in two weeks and I want you to walk the front path, then onto the path leading from it and walk into the Cul de Sac.

When I open the curtains in the morning I see the three paths and get very anxious, she will not accept that reaching the end of the garden path is my limit until I am comfortable with it and then I will take the second path . Now I dread her
coming next week, if she keeps pushing me I know the anxiety will rise , I want to cancel the appointment, coward ?

Oldandverygrey Wed 13-Nov-19 18:58:31

Anniebach, Physios are notably bossy, they always try to get you to do a little bit more, but stay with it and I am sure you will achieve the targets she has set for you. I wish you well.

Joce345 Wed 13-Nov-19 19:42:19

Tell her just how you are feeling Annie and don’t be afraid to say NO to her, she is a physio to help with your mobility, I am sure she not a psychologist as well. And there is no way you are a coward, you are so brave. Don’t let her knock you in any way Annie..

Anniebach Wed 13-Nov-19 19:48:00

Oldand the problem is I have agoraphobia.

Joce yes you are right, I have made a start, if she pushes me it will cause me to stay in the bungalow again, x

Dawn22 Wed 13-Nov-19 19:53:32

Hi Annie
It would be better if she gently cajoled you. Anyone with any leaning towards anxiety likes to do things when they feel up to it and generally in the way that is within their control.

Well done for everything so far and it took me along time to realise that we as adults don't have to do anything that we don't want to do or that is totally out of our comfort zone. At our own pace should be our motto.
Take care Annie.
We will get there.
Dawn xx

Doodle Wed 13-Nov-19 20:06:56

Hello all. Not been in for a few days. Been busy and going to bed early as I’ve been tired.
How are you all?
Glad you are still ok joce.
nonnie sorry to hear your sad news. That must be difficult for him being so far away.
annie you’ve been on the path! That’s fantastic news.
You have done really well annie but don’t get anxious about doing all the physio wants. Don’t let her set you back. Tell her you appreciate her encouragement but you have to take it at your own pace or it causes you to withdraw. You’ve been out annie. Remember that. You’ve done it. Now maybe one more step every day or so until you feel a bit more secure.
Sleep well all x

SalsaQueen Wed 13-Nov-19 22:30:40

Well done, Anniebach! It's great that you've managed to get outside a bit. Is your Physiotherapist aware of your Agoraphobia? Go at your own pace, don't be put off by her. x

Joce345 Wed 13-Nov-19 22:34:38

Thank you Doodle.
Annie you should give your self a sunflower you have earned one..
Night all sleep well 💤 sending hugs for you all 🌸

Joce345 Thu 14-Nov-19 22:05:56

Hope everyone is ok been very quiet on hear last few days.

Nonnie Fri 15-Nov-19 17:37:23

Well done annie. How many times have you done it? Perhaps do it a couple of times a day until you feel you can add one more step? After suffering so long you are bound to be nervous.

Had a couple of days when I wasn't up to coming on GN, not great today either but I will improve, yes I will.

Joce345 Fri 15-Nov-19 18:11:43

Nonnie you will improve .. no one feel A1 every day if only it was that easy.. god bless you stay strong Nonnie x

Anniebach Fri 15-Nov-19 21:26:21

Hi all x

Joce how are you . X

nonnie off days come but they pass x

I have been busy researching for some family trees .

My younger granddaughter called today , I have missed her,
haven’t seen anyone for 4 weeks with the exception of the physiotherapist and she really annoyed and upset me

Doodle Fri 15-Nov-19 23:32:59

Hello all. Bit sad today. My DGS had to say goodbye to his beloved dog yesterday. She was his best buddy and they had been together a long time. My heart hurts for him, just hope he’s ok.
Hope you all are ok. x

GrannySomerset Fri 15-Nov-19 23:55:46

Annie - they are not called physio terrorists for nothing! But being pushed is part of all physical recovery so you will need to get her to understand that you are dealing with a complex situation which is only partly physical. Perhaps just tackling the one path every day until your confidence improves?