Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Nonnie Wed 04-Sep-19 16:39:37

Doodle do you have low blood pressure? Just wondering if the neck could be a coincidence.

Good luck with the splints annie

Well done Joce

Just back from the doc, blood tests, endocrinologist and whoever looks at hips! No idea how long I have to wait for any except the blood test as I can go when I like.

Anniebach Wed 04-Sep-19 21:30:22

Hi all x

nonnie hope you don’t have to wait too long x

Doodle Wed 04-Sep-19 22:58:29

Thank you all. My BP is ok. I think I might have something called positional vertigo. It’s something to do with moving your neck and crystals in your ear. It’s not too bad now but I’m being careful when I get out of bed or turn over at night.
joce so glad you had a good day. ?
Hope the splints help annie
Sleep tight all ? ? ?

Nonnie Thu 05-Sep-19 11:21:22

Sounds like you are managing it Doodle I have to do the same with my low BP. Doc said to keep drinking which I already do but it means I'm constantly going to the loo!

Thanks annie hope it is not too soon as going away for a few days!

Anniebach Thu 05-Sep-19 21:08:49

Hi all x

Doodle. glad You have sorted the problem out, can you have you ears checked , could be a little wax which can be removed x

nonnie going away for a few days , how lovely, relax and enjoy yourself. x

Joce how is ‘mindfulness’ going ?

I have therapy tomorrow morning and physiotherapist in the
afternoon, will let you know how they go

Doodle Fri 06-Sep-19 12:07:59

Hope all goes well with therapy and physio today annie

Joce345 Fri 06-Sep-19 20:50:03

Hello all, evening Annie yes I do like doing mindfulness.
I have been taking CDB oil for 2week now, I have been sleeping from day one a lot better . I feel more relaxed than I have done for the past 12 months. Has anyone else tried or used it?

Anniebach Fri 06-Sep-19 22:16:11

Hi all x

Joce it’s great you are finding mindfulness comfortable to practice and the CDB oil ? You are sleeping better and feeling more relaxed, well done you for doing so much to help yourself, I award you ?

Doodle how are you ? and how is your grandson?

I cancelled therapy today, two appointments in one day tire me , the therapist was most kind and offered me an appointment tomorrow afternoon.

It went well with the physiotherapist, have splits for my wrists and hands and some gentle exercises to do every day to strengthen the wasted muscles in my legs.

My elder granddaughter made a surprise visit today ?

I think I am coming out of the feeling of ‘giving up’.

Joce345 Fri 06-Sep-19 22:38:42

That sounds like good news all round Annie positive.
What a lovely surprise for you.
Think you are right not to do too much to soon take it slowly..
I really do think the oil is having a lot to do with they way I feel. I am so much happier when I wake of a morning for using it as well has sleeping all night..

Good night all sleep well.. god bless all

Doodle Fri 06-Sep-19 22:50:38

annie so pleased about your splints. Hope they help.
. In myself I am fine but worried about DGS and school. He is due back soon. I have no idea if he will go. Been on my mind most of today. Tired but I wonder if I will sleep.

I am so pleased that you have a little light in your life and had a nice visit from your granddaughter ?

nanny2507 Sat 07-Sep-19 09:35:30

joce I tried vapping CBD but it made my mouth sore.
annie glad you are getting some help...did your Gardner ever arrive?

How is everyone today. I am going to northampton today to meet a friend I havent seen for years and then on to kettering to pick up GD and take her home to reading so mum and dad can enjoy the evening of a wedding. SStaying until Monday as its her first day at nursery and then a 3 hour drive home...i feel like a nomad this last week.

Dawn22 Sat 07-Sep-19 10:04:12

Thinking of everyone in the black dog gang. I often think of Winston Churchill and countless other peopl and what he and they endured with depression and with no proper understanding or decent medication then. Even though l don't think we have come on that far in terms of stigma etc.
One day at a time from Dawn xx

Nonnie Sat 07-Sep-19 10:39:20

Sounds like good news for nearly everyone. Glad to read it.

We had a video call this morning from the GC which put a smile on both our faces. I asked one if we could come to his house and his face lit up and asked "today?" I had to say no but soon. Hip slightly better today but very little sleep last night.

Joce345 Sat 07-Sep-19 15:52:21

Nanny it’s the CBD oil I am using every one has said how much more relaxed I seem, got to be honest I think it’s brilliant stuff just hope I stay where I am now.. it’s the best I have felt for a good few years but definitely the last 12 months..
hope everyone else is having a good day.
Annie hope you are feeling more your self today..

Doodle Sat 07-Sep-19 21:47:10

joce do you mind me asking which CBD oil you are using and how much you take? It’s an interesting thought.

Joce345 Sat 07-Sep-19 22:38:57

Boo just trying to see if I am working

Joce345 Sat 07-Sep-19 22:53:18

Hello Doodle I don’t mind you asking at all,
I am using CBD+Jacob Hooy 2.75% from H&B
I started with 2 drops 3 times a day, then 3 drops 3 times a day which is working well for me. I sleep really well that’s from the first day, which is what it say it does.. hope this help you Doodle

Doodle Sun 08-Sep-19 12:20:33

Thanks joce. I will look it up

Anniebach Sun 08-Sep-19 14:38:42

Hi all x

nanny the gardener is suppose to start on my garden tomorrow, rain forecast so I now have doubts, You are a busy little bee, good for you x

Dawn I think back to the 70’s and the attitude to mental health , we have moved forward, but 50 years ? We have not
moved forward as much I hoped we would.

Joce most interesting that CBD oil is helping you , I have certainly noticed the difference since Batty start ‘The Black
Dog’ , keep it up my love x

Doodle always make sure medications mix together x

Elder granddaughter leaves Cornwall tomorrow, spoke to her
yesterday, she is now having doubts bless her. She had a lovely farewell party at the legal firm where she worked , think the lovely messages and words and hugs unsettled her.

Me thinks she will need reassuring this week and granny will
be FaceTimed often .

The wrist and hand splints are difficult, a struggle to get on and off. Find typing difficult, not wearing them at the moment ?

Something of interest on the news - medication will be labelled addictive or not addictive. Long overdue, when I think of people affected by Valium and Prozac.

Joce345 Sun 08-Sep-19 18:36:36

Doodle yes please make sure like Annie said with other medications. I do take Prozac/fluoxetine. So yes please be careful..
Annie hopefully your granddaughter will be ok , it’s a big step moving home bless her..
yes the news was very interesting I didn’t realise Prozac was addictive Annie my GP always said it wasn’t.. errr

Anniebach Sun 08-Sep-19 19:52:54

Joce don’t stop it abruptly, if you need to then with supervision of your GP, same applies to much medication, one of my nieces had problems with the pain killer Solpadeine.

Joce345 Sun 08-Sep-19 22:06:17

I thinking about going to see the GP Annie think the CDB oil is working better than fluoxetine ever has.. so I am thinking may coming of fluoxetine and staying with the oil.

Anniebach Sun 08-Sep-19 22:09:43

Then do speak to your GP Joce, don’t just stop x

Doodle Sun 08-Sep-19 22:28:39

Thank you all for your concern. Fortunately for me I don’t take any meds except inhaler for asthma.
annie is right joce coming off anything needs to be done in a controlled fashion.
Sleep tight all xx

Nonnie Mon 09-Sep-19 09:37:02

Good advice about checking whether anything you buy over the counter affects your meds. We bought something form H & B which was recommended and then discovered that neither of us should use it. Pharmacists are very helpful about this sort of thing, especially your regular one who knows exactly what you are taking.

annie perfectly normal for your GD to have qualms about such a big life change. We moved several times and I always looked forward instead of back because we can't change what we have done.

Happy for all you who have positives, that is a positive for me.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion