Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

nanny2507 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:08:52

Drowning in tears today xx

SalsaQueen Mon 09-Sep-19 19:32:21

Annie How are you getting on with the splints and exercises? Gardener been?

Nanny. Anything in particular upset you? Or are you having "one of those days"? I felt a bit like that the other day, but it's passed. How's your new cat?

Nonnie How are you today?

Joce345 Mon 09-Sep-19 21:07:30

Aww nanny hope it passes quickly for you, sending you a big hug.. we are hear for you..

How is everyone doing..

Doodle Mon 09-Sep-19 21:25:56

On edge day today. Can’t stop thinking about DGS and worry as to what will happen if he won’t go back to school. Cleaned the kitchen but had to make myself do it.
Had an awful dream last night that left me shaking and shivering when I woke up.
Prayed for help and am trying to trust but as usual want God to help me in the way I want rather than trusting his judgment. So very tired now might go to bed soon.
Sleep well all x

Doodle Mon 09-Sep-19 21:27:45

Sorry nanny, posted all that and forgot to say sorry you’ve had a really bad day. Wish we could help x

nanny2507 Mon 09-Sep-19 21:32:06

Forgot to take meds to daughters so none since fri night. I cant go more than 1 day without. All consumed by thoughts of babycakes today.

nanny2507 Mon 09-Sep-19 21:33:51

But on the positive flip...Marshall is settling in so well. He looked so big today. Goes from my cuddly baby to a nut case grin

Anniebach Mon 09-Sep-19 21:42:06

Hi all x

nanny you were doing well when your granddaughter was with you, have you thought of speaking to your GP ?

Salsa how are you ?

Joce you are doing so well , it’s great

Doodle I so understand what you mean about prayer, when we pray we don’t say ‘I want’ do we ? but it’s what we want to say. Q Sorry you had a bad night , get a goods night sleep tonight x

It rained this morning so no gardener, he didn’t even message, I just give up on gardeners.

Splints are very difficult to put on.

SalsaQueen Mon 09-Sep-19 22:08:11

Anniebach....I'm OK, thanks. Settling into my job alright. Son's cat has been missing for over a week, so I've been helping with trying to find her.

Anniebach Mon 09-Sep-19 22:10:50

Salsa glad you are settling into your new job, so sorry to learn of your son’s cat, so hope you will find it x

Joce345 Mon 09-Sep-19 22:24:48

Annie I bet the splints take some getting used to,
what is wrong with people why can’t they just let you know (re gardener) is every thing too much trouble for them ummm. Where did common curtesy go..
good night all sleep ? well god bless all

Nonnie Tue 10-Sep-19 11:12:22

Nanny hope you will be fine when the meds kick in.

Salsa thanks for asking, I'm totally unmotivated and have a list of things I can't tackle, things which require my brain but its not working. Glad the job is OK.

Doodle dreams can be very upsetting. Trust God to do what is best is so much easier said that done. My DiL is great at it but it hasn't rubbed off on me.

annie I have just written on another thread that people are more selfish than they used to be. It must be hard having to rely on others all the time. GD coming tomorrow I think I remember,

humptydumpty Tue 10-Sep-19 11:22:58

salsa off topic but wrt your post: have you thought of posting the cat's details on petsreunited.com, they email all their members, notify vets and rescue centres, you can print off posters and flyers etc.

Anniebach Tue 10-Sep-19 11:26:44

nonnie yes it is hard having to rely on others for so much when I have always been very independent, I had to be when my husband died, I had to become ‘i’ not ‘we’.

I am very down every morning on waking , horrible feeling.

Don’t know when my younger granddaughter will be here this week, she has to work extra days because some staff on the sick, she will be back in university soon so even less time
to visit.

Joce345 Tue 10-Sep-19 15:06:42

Aww Annie I know that morning feeling all too well.. it’s horrible really bad, I have been better of late still get it, but I can get up at the moment where I couldn’t get out of bed before..
I am a lot more motivated even made some new curtains for the sitting room, I am doing well haha just hope it lasts.
I pray it passes for you Annie sending you hugs..

Lessismore Tue 10-Sep-19 15:09:39

Does anybody regard the black dog as an enemy? I find I have a little fight in me these days and I will not let the damn thing win.

Anniebach Tue 10-Sep-19 16:22:40

I think the black dog is an enemy .

I am fortunate I don’t suffer with it, I separate depression from sadness though.

SalsaQueen Tue 10-Sep-19 17:11:58

HumptyDumpty. We've contacted the microchip place, every vet within an 8-mile radius, RSPCA, PDSA, the council who deal with dea animals on the road. I've registered with 4 different pet-finding websites, also Facebook. We've laminated posters, put them on every other lamppost half a mile either way from my son's house. I've put posters up in the library, doctor's, a couple of shops. We've knocked on doors, put leaflets through every door, half a mile either way from my son's house. I can't see what else we can do. Son has been out every day/evening, locally, whistling, rattling a packet of cat biscuits. We're doing all those things again tomorrow. I don't think we'll ever find her.

SalsaQueen Tue 10-Sep-19 17:17:22

Annie it must be difficult for you. The thing about tradesmen not turning up etc., seems to be a common problem these days. I've experienced that, where I've waited in for someone to come round and give us a quote for a new roof, a few years back, and 4 different men didn't bother to come round. I ended up getting a firm from Sheffield (I'm in Nottingham).

Nanny I was like that, when I missed my Mirtazapine just for one day. I hope you're feeling better today.

Nonnie I lack motivation most days. I've got lots of things I should do at home, but I'd rather be out if I can.

SalsaQueen Tue 10-Sep-19 21:27:04

Just looked on Facebook, and there's a report of some horrible people going around, 3 miles from me, in a van, picking up cats from the street and taking them for some nasty purpose - as bait for dog-fighting, allegedly. I hope that's not the case and that my son's cat hasn't been taken...........

Anniebach Tue 10-Sep-19 21:32:41

Not all on Facebook is true, don’t dwell on it x

Joce345 Tue 10-Sep-19 23:16:10

Good night all sleep well.

Dawn22 Wed 11-Sep-19 08:32:27

Hi Annie and everyone
I know that feeling of not liking mornings and am much happier in the evening time. I think it is the thought of the long day ahead and anxiety is worse in the morning. If l am lucky l wake about 7oc and l do some Gransnet games and try and put a positive spin on them. Thinking of you Annie with your Gardner's and the splints. Living does take great paitence and fortitude. Human connection is so important and this forum is a help. You are so brave flowers

Yes Doodle l say my prayers too but God's ways are mysterious indeed. flowers

Dawn xx

Nonnie Wed 11-Sep-19 10:00:03

Well done Joce keep it up.

Salsa its the feeling of being helpless to do anything more which is so bad. Sometimes those things on FB are years old!

Annie any news on the gardener.

Dawn your mornings sound positive.

I seem to worry too much about other people. Been looking after neighbours' house while they are away but thought it was for a week so they should have returned last weekend. Keep ringing the bell and putting the post through the inner door. Think I may text them later just to put my mind at rest. I worry about things on the news which have no personal effect on me too.

Anniebach Wed 11-Sep-19 11:39:58

Hi all x

Dawn I to find evenings easier.yes human connection is important, i will not see anyone until next Sunday so depend on GN to contact the outside world.

The splints are very difficult, takes ages to get them on then throughout the day it’s on and off because they can’t be worn
if I wash my hands of wash dishes.

The most troubling thing for me personally is I have an alarm pendant if I need help, because I have no family here I don’t have ‘a key holder’, this is a person who is contacted if one needs help. I am suppose to be doing leg exercises every day, if I was to fall I can press the alarm pendant and the police would be called to see what’s what, how embarrassing to have a police car pull up at my house. ! This doesn’t help trying to relax and do the exercises. !

nonnie I have given up on my garden which saddens me, I love my shrubs. I had planned to spend time in the garden to help my battle with the agoraphobia.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion