Gransnet forums

Health

Urinary Incontinence

(17 Posts)
stampleyk Fri 14-Feb-20 06:01:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NotSpaghetti Fri 14-Feb-20 07:10:13

I don't have knowledge of the Toronto program but do know that in the UK the first line is to build up muscle strength in cases of stress incontinence. How awful for her (and you too) that she has this problem. I'm sure lots of Gransnetters will feel for her.

In the UK I think they have small weights (a bit like tampons) that gradually are heavier as the muscle strength grows.
I do think this "workout" is a regime that works for many.

I have to admit I didn't realise that more than occasionally hysterectomy could lead to incontinence but recently read up on the "side effects" and discovered this. Generally I'd definitely say get help - even if a fistula was created (let's hope not) it is apparently possible to sort this out even if it does mean more surgery. She really does need to know what's causing it. Please encourage her to seek help.

If, as I think you are saying, it often happens when she laughs or sneezes then as a non-medical person it sounds more likely to be on the "stress incontinence" end of the spectrum but whatever the cause, she clearly won't want to live the rest of her life like this.

I hope that by commenting here someone who knows more than me will see this thread and offer advice. I hope you help her find a solution.
Good luck.

Yehbutnobut Fri 14-Feb-20 07:56:08

Reported

Elegran Fri 14-Feb-20 08:29:22

I notice that the poster has put in a link to their incontinence clinic. I do wonder whether he/she is connected to the person who posted wanted us to tell them about "the last time you wet yourself", and whether that thread was intended to get us all thinking about our bladders in advance of this thread. Marketing cunning?

Also - whenever a post begins "Hi guys!" I know it is from some marketing whizz-kid who believes by being matey he is conning us into thinking he is "one of us" and must be telling us the truth, Sorry, pal, we are not that green that we are cabbage-looking.

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 14-Feb-20 08:32:54

Reported

Yet another incontinence thread,

but WOW here’s how to cure it!

Elegran Fri 14-Feb-20 12:42:55

Just move to Canada!

Greymar Fri 14-Feb-20 12:44:28

Are you some sort of weirdo OP?

Missfoodlove Fri 14-Feb-20 12:45:39

I think you could be feeding someone’s fantasy.
Some real water sports enthusiasts looking for kicks.
Sad.

Elegran Fri 14-Feb-20 12:50:12

No, Greymar the OP is (was - it has been deleted now) someone advertising a urinary clinic in Canada with a fake description of being cured by that clinic - complete with a link so that everyone can go there and spend a fortune getting cured. They will know by now that advertising on the forums is banned on Gransnet.

BlueBelle Fri 14-Feb-20 12:52:09

Don’t get pulled into these posts notspaghetti

lemongrove Fri 14-Feb-20 12:56:00

Exactly BlueBelle wink it’s another ‘when did you last wet yourself’ fishing expedition!
Half term now.

lemongrove Fri 14-Feb-20 12:56:58

We must expect all sorts of threads this next week.

NotSpaghetti Fri 14-Feb-20 13:04:10

The original post did send a link but I didn’t think they were advertising as I read it as though they were asking if anyone knew if it was successful!

I didn’t think the OP’s “mother” had used the clinic! I must have totally missed that!

I do hope it wasn’t a “real person” as if they were real it would not be nice to be treated as a marketing ploy!!

Bluebelle I’ll read the next OP more carefully!
🙄
(Just noticed how many !!!!! I used! 😱)

M0nica Fri 14-Feb-20 22:54:32

Why remove the OP, but not the thread ?confused

Callistemon Fri 14-Feb-20 23:01:41

A new moderator who isn't sure of correct procedures?

GNHQ - more training required?

Callistemon Fri 14-Feb-20 23:02:17

Toilet training?

merlotgran Fri 14-Feb-20 23:07:43

grin