Gransnet forums

Health

Gone off tea, of all things! Could it be the meds?

(11 Posts)
phoenix Wed 13-Sep-17 17:10:17

Evening all, hope all are well, good wishes to all.

I have recently been diagnosed with COPD (not as Mr P keeps telling people, "OCD" confused )

I am on 2 puffs of Fostair first thing in the morning, then again at night, 1 lot of Seebri per day, and Ventolin as and when.

My usual pattern is have the 2 puffs, feed the cats while kettle is boiling, make tea then come up here to check emails and look at GN before having shower etc.

Although I still make the tea, I really don't enjoy it at all!

Could it be the Fostair, or am I jumping to conclusions?

nanaK54 Wed 13-Sep-17 17:27:55

Might be, or...........are you pregnantgrin

midgey Wed 13-Sep-17 17:45:15

I find I just go off tea and drink coffee for weeks, then the same the happens with coffee!

phoenix Wed 13-Sep-17 17:51:57

nanaK54 I know I've put on a bit of weight, but really!

midgey after the shower, I then have a mug of coffee, but not enjoying that much either sad

Riverwalk Wed 13-Sep-17 17:57:41

After using some inhalers, and Fostair is one, you need to rinse your mouth with water - if you're not doing this maybe it's affecting your taste buds?

phoenix Wed 13-Sep-17 18:04:31

Thanks River, I was advised to rinse after the Fostair to reduce the risk of thrush "down below" blush

As I said to the GP "I have enough problems with "up above", the last thing I need is trouble "down below!"

Thank heaven's for the pre payment prescription thing, £29.10 for 3 months, otherwise I would be paying £34.40 a month shock

wot Wed 13-Sep-17 18:29:26

When I was on Champix to stop smoking I went off coffee and alcohol...The wo of my favourite things!!

wot Wed 13-Sep-17 18:31:01

My " down below" has given up and withered away.

phoenix Wed 13-Sep-17 18:40:49

grin

paddyann Wed 13-Sep-17 21:41:39

my OH and I both went off tea earlier this year so we went back to basics,drawing the water freshly before boiling making sure it was on rapid boil before infusing the tea and leaving it to sit for precisely 3 minutes before pouring ,we've changed tea bags and tried loose tea too.Some days it great and we get a good cup of tea others not so good .We have great water here so its not that .Good luck and if you find the secret please let us know,our kettle never used to get time to go cold before ,I love a decent cup of tea

Deedaa Wed 13-Sep-17 22:06:51

Pregnancy and flu do it for me, but I would think it's the drugs.