Gransnet forums

Health

Wii

(8 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 19-Sep-17 09:23:42

I have only the vaguest idea about what these are, but am told it can help with fitness.

Can someone clue in this dinosaur and make any recommendations?

devongirl Tue 19-Sep-17 10:24:07

We have one at home, and it's true, it can help with fitness.

It's a games console you attach to your TV, and you need the game 'Wii Sports', see link below for more info. I enjoy the tennis!

www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii/Wii-Sports-283971.html

KatyK Tue 19-Sep-17 11:00:49

We've had ours for years and when we first had it, it was on the go all the time. I must confess It has been shoved in a cupboard for the last couple of years, I must get it out., To be honest, it was great. It weighs you and mesaures your BMI and then you can go through all the exercises on the Wii sports. There is also a dance one that my granddaughter gave me which is good.

annsixty Tue 19-Sep-17 11:56:38

It only helps if you use it!!
I know countless families who bought them, only to be in the same bottom cupboard as the George Forman grill, the sandwich toaster, the halogen cooker et. al.

Luckygirl Tue 19-Sep-17 12:01:04

Point taken! grin

petra Tue 19-Sep-17 12:47:21

annsixty exactly. I don't think Daughters one has seen the light of day for 5 years or more.

midgey Tue 19-Sep-17 13:22:26

They are great fun but as others have said.....you might get a second hand bargaingrin

Nanabilly Tue 19-Sep-17 15:52:51

We have one you ...gathering dust same as others. Yes it's fun when it does come out .we played ten pin bowling a lot but I damaged my back doing it .