Gransnet forums

Health

My health

(12 Posts)
Guineagirl Sat 04-Apr-20 14:17:59

Feel very down at the moment with everything. I haven’t had a cold sore since 2009 and I now have one so I know all this lockdown is affecting me. Did shopping for a neighbour whose list seems to be getting longer and still hasn’t paid me. Just jokes I’ll owe you I aren’t doing it again. The queue wasn’t as bad at Morrison’s as last week though I just felt anxious before going.

rafichagran Sat 04-Apr-20 14:24:43

So sorry for how you feel. Flowers

EllanVannin Sat 04-Apr-20 14:52:17

Well I've just been fleeced ! My own fault as there was a bit of a queue at the corner shop.
I needed milk and cat food but saw crumpets and remembered butter ( no Lurpak sad ) a few more bits went into my basket while I was at it to stop me nipping out all the time then got to the till whizzed my debit card over the machine and it was £1.93 over the £30 so I fumbled in my purse and knew that I'd handed over 2x£ coins and 2x50p's so he took it and said " that'll do ".

Only £1 but it was the way it was done and because a queue had built up, I got out smartish and people were tutting. Folk are losing their patience so be warned ! It's panic that's setting in with them as they were initially waiting outside creating because the shop was full, masks and all gringrin

I'm off to Asda next week ! Do or die, can't be any worse than an overcrowded corner shop and its ratty customers.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 04-Apr-20 15:05:02

I hope you feel better soon Guinea I think this situation is affecting us all as it's so strange.

Sorry you were ripped off Ellan how horrible that a simple thing like shopping has become such a worry.

I waited outside our local M&S Foodhall two metres apart for ten minutes or so to get in which wasn't bad, we all cleaned our trolley or basket handles and then were allowed in a few at a time. Although I wasn't long it hardly seemed worth it for the few items I bought. I may try a small local Sainsburys next Saturday to see what it's like.

Roll on normality, whatever that'll be.

Guineagirl Sat 04-Apr-20 15:10:25

I know plus it’s the when will it end, the virus itself and the food shop. I feel like my lip has had Botox too sore for lipstick too.

midgey Sat 04-Apr-20 15:14:31

Ellenv I think the limit for card is now £45.

AGAA4 Sat 04-Apr-20 15:14:54

Shopping has become really difficult whether you go to the shops or try to get an online delivery.
I used to have an online delivery from Tesco before the lockdown. Now I can't get one, but my neighbours, who weren't Customers before have had a delivery every week.
I am very disillusioned with Tesco as other shops have prioritised over 70's with health problems.
Sorry for the rant.

Calendargirl Sat 04-Apr-20 15:21:39

Yes, I thought the £45 limit came in on April 1st. My bank, Barclays, informed me of this.
Maybe not all banks brought it in straightaway?

Calendargirl Sat 04-Apr-20 15:23:03

Guineagirl

I would have been really annoyed not to get paid. Some folk have such a nerve!

Guineagirl Sat 04-Apr-20 15:57:23

I know calendargirl my own fault I always get taken for a mug, and so the worthlessness thoughts kick in, Thing is he’s getting daughters deliveries and community deliveries, I didn’t know this but have spotted the deliveries on a couple of occasion when biking down my street. Money up front If people want something, not that I have ever asked anyone to get me anything though or asked to borrow anything from anyone oh god rant rant I’m grumpy today.

NanTheWiser Sat 04-Apr-20 17:33:56

About the contact less limit - yes, it increased to £45 on April 1st, but retailers need to have updated their card machines to accept it, smaller outlets may not have done that yet.

EllanVannin Sat 04-Apr-20 18:03:14

I didn't know it was £45. That makes it worse because I was already flummoxed and couldn't wait to get out of the shop. I wouldn't mind, I've hardly spent anything in nearly 5 weeks.
I know it was only £1 but it was the chap's cunning attitude.