Gransnet forums

Health

Test track and trace

(9 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Thu 21-May-20 13:17:38

I’m afraid I’m not exactly sure how test track and trace works can someone please take me-through this with short easy steps. I’m not terribly sure of how individuals can manage this without an IT clever clogs sitting beside them showing how it functions on an iPhone that’s if you’ve got one.

GrauntyHelen Thu 21-May-20 13:32:41

test trackand trace is not wholly dependent on phone apps thankfully I doubt anyone as yet can talk you through the app based as it is currently only at the trial stage andso far not very successfully

trisher Thu 21-May-20 13:40:42

I believe public health has a long record of doing this which goes back many years and certainly pre apps or computers. It involves interviews, simple footwork and phone calling. It was used in smallpox outbreaks

growstuff Fri 22-May-20 12:25:50

Unfortunately, trisher the government doesn't appear to want to use local contact tracers. The service has been outsourced to call centres. People will be contacted by phone or text.

Teetime Fri 22-May-20 14:20:31

When I was an Infection Control Nurse it was the kind of thing we did all the time for various conditions e.g. TB, Salmonella, HIV, MRSA, Scabies etc etc. all by the good old telephone. Thankfully the technology will allow this to happen much faster and more efficiently than me trudging round housing estates late at night looking for addresses knocking on doors of some very angry people.

trisher Fri 22-May-20 15:08:20

Would that be all the call centres currently closed because of the virus growstuff. You would almost think this government doesn't believe in public services wouldn't you? But I couldn't possibly comment

GagaJo Sat 30-May-20 23:22:30

Not working according to an anonymous writer in the Guardian.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

BlueBelle Sun 31-May-20 06:39:47

Two retired doctors doing this Track and trace have reported not even being able to log on It seems to have almost faded out what happened to the Isle of Wight one ?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 31-May-20 07:01:30

This is absolutely vital if the schools are going to return.

I can see an uptick already in the information being sent out by Kings College Hospital - without test and track it will get out of control again, if the government persists with easing lockdown.