Gransnet forums

Health

Stress balls for Arthritis in fingers

(12 Posts)
toots139 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:30:30

Has anyone used any stress balls or hand exercisers that have helped painful Arthritis in the fingers. TIA.

shysal Sat 06-Jun-20 14:04:16

Yes. I have RA and use a set of three different density egg shapes for exercising my hands. They are available on line from many sources. I sometimes take one of two with me on my daily walk and do the exercises as I go. They help me a lot.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nWI8MYXmts

Furret Sat 06-Jun-20 14:44:32

Makes mine worst. I have the osteo version,

toots139 Sun 07-Jun-20 14:40:28

Thank you. I have ordered them and hope they help.

toots139 Sun 07-Jun-20 14:41:53

Thank you. I don’t know what type of Arthritis I have. I will go to the doctor when lockdown ends. I can only try the balls and see. Nothing to lose.

herdem Tue 30-Jun-20 08:52:19

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jessity Tue 30-Jun-20 09:20:22

Reported

Sparklefizz Tue 30-Jun-20 09:25:26

I have osteoarthritis in my fingers and feet, and what has helped me most since 2014 is Rhus Tox & Ruta Cream by Helios, available from Amazon.

henetha Tue 30-Jun-20 10:22:16

I can second that, Sparklefizz, it is very good at easing the pain.

Squiffy Tue 30-Jun-20 10:42:20

Thanks for the information Sparklefizz, I've just ordered a tube! Pleased to hear that it worked for you, too, henetha.

Sparklefizz Tue 30-Jun-20 11:32:01

henetha So glad it has helped you. I'm sure it will help you too Squiffy.

I have been relying on it for years now and it's been brilliant. On a friend's suggestion, I rang Helios direct and asked them if it would be cheaper to buy a tub of it than a lot of tubes, and it makes quite a saving, so I do that instead.

I developed Bursitis on the ball of one foot which was very painful and felt like I was walking with a large pebble in my shoe. I saw my GP, went for X-rays and then was sent to the hospital for a scan. While waiting to return to the GP for results, I began plastering it with the Rhus Tox & Ruta cream in the hope it might stop the stabbing pain ..... not only did it stop the pain but it began to shrink the Bursa, which has now gone completely. My GP suggested I keep on using it ...... and I do, just in case it comes back.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 30-Jun-20 13:00:29

My hand therapist has given me two types of putty to squeeze. Not sure where you could buy this from though but it has helped me.

I use Tiger Balm regularly.