Gransnet forums

Health

'Flu vac at pharmacy

(151 Posts)
Teetime Tue 15-Sep-20 11:50:37

We had our 'Flu vaccinations yesterday at Lloyds pharmacy - so easy and quick. They rang us to make an appointment as we had it with them last year and its nice to know that's done and dusted. Our GP surgery has even got stocks of the vaccination in yet. By the way its still NHS at the pharmacy so you dont pay although I think you can at some places.

kittylester Tue 15-Sep-20 12:00:28

Ours on Thursday, teetime. At Lloyd's too as we have not been approached by the gp yet.

vampirequeen Tue 15-Sep-20 12:05:59

Ours has been cancelled and a new date given. More of the government being organised. Get vaccinated for the flu especially if you're in the Covid-19 vulnerable group. Preferably get it done in September as you'll be safer. Brilliant idea. Stay safe. Well we would if the vaccine was available. We've been booked in for October 9th but they're not sure if the vaccine will be available then either.

EllanVannin Tue 15-Sep-20 12:08:26

Mine's next Thurs 24th at the surgery along with my INR.

mrswoo Tue 15-Sep-20 12:16:31

I'm off to Asda for mine - in the pharmacy- I hope! They are doing them on behalf of our GP's. I've not got an actual date yet but they will contact me when they have the vaccine.

B9exchange Tue 15-Sep-20 12:30:39

Boots for us, can book online, no worries about supply.

Calendargirl Tue 15-Sep-20 12:55:28

Ours is due at Boots later this week. Got a reminder e mail today.
When I booked online with them, our GP surgery still had no dates or info, I think they are starting in October, but hopefully more civilised at Boots, not such a production line.

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Sep-20 13:18:25

GP’s Thursday

NanTheWiser Tue 15-Sep-20 17:03:00

I’ve got mine tomorrow, Lloyds in my local Sainsbury’s, good to get it done and dusted.

Jane43 Tue 15-Sep-20 20:44:09

We booked on line and are having ours tomorrow morning at Lloyds in Sainsburys. We used them last year and they were excellent.

Calendargirl Thu 17-Sep-20 11:25:07

Had our flu jabs at Boots today. So much more leisurely than at the GP’s. It was the first day, she had 33 booked for today.

Said we were wise to get in early, as she feared they would be short of vaccine in the future.

Katek Thu 17-Sep-20 11:38:57

Lloyd’s in 2 weeks - no sign of GP doing anything

Blinko Thu 17-Sep-20 11:41:12

What are GPs actually doing atm? Other than warning everyone not to go near...

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Sep-20 12:15:13

Just returned home after having flu vaccination at local Boots, no queues lovely kind and gentle pharmacist.

Haven’t heard from GP Surgery regarding the flu vaccination clinics yet, despite being in the vulnerable group?

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Sep-20 12:16:44

Just had mine at GP, well organised, in and out less than 5 minutes.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Sep-20 12:21:02

Blinko

What are GPs actually doing atm? Other than warning everyone not to go near...

I have developed a problem phone appointment with practice nurse, sent photo of problem who prescribed meds........didn’t work. Phone appointment with a GP (mine was unavailable) sent another photo of problem, different meds. Still not completely better I am going to have to put on my big girl pants and brave the gatekeeper (receptionist) and ask politely (demand) a face to face appointment!!!

CraftyGranny Thu 17-Sep-20 12:26:12

I had mine last week at GP's. I normally go to our local chemist, who is very gentle!

Missfoodlove Thu 17-Sep-20 13:52:08

Our G.P surgery is doing nothing, still no face to face appointments.
It does however have a fantastic IVR (introductory voice recording) it goes on and bloody on, great for insomnia!

CraftyGranny Thu 17-Sep-20 16:03:06

Just to add to my previous post. Our GP is giving the flu vaccine but our chemist is having problems getting hold of it.

Looks like supply problems from the manufacturers.

BlueBelle Thu 17-Sep-20 17:11:16

Boots in two weeks all booked for a day I m out shopping so much easier than bussing to and from my surgery

Katek Thu 17-Sep-20 19:17:58

Our practice also has a wonderful IVR - goes on and on about not coming to surgery if you have Covid symptoms etc then after around 2 minutes we get into the menu(!) First option states ‘if you are calling regarding a life threatening emergency please hang up and dial 999.’ Er......perhaps that should come before the Covid announcement? hmm

Nonnapg Thu 17-Sep-20 19:32:52

We have booked ours at the GP on 5th October, first year I get mine for free! Before this, I have used one of the local pharmacists (Mistrys), always a good service.

Patsy70 Thu 17-Sep-20 19:44:24

Our surgery phoned to book us both an appointment for the 23 October. I hope they don't run out of vaccine in the meantime. Maybe I should go to the pharmacy and cancel the GP appointment.

Sparkling Fri 18-Sep-20 06:29:08

What have the doctors been doing? You have no chance of seeing one, just everlasting voice recordings. I expect they are glad all the lower paid essential workers are keeping everything going as they can't afford not to,

TheReadingRoom Fri 18-Sep-20 06:39:22

Thanks for the reminder. Just found my letter from Lloyds so will ring to make appointment.