Gransnet forums

Health

Covid skin rash

(8 Posts)
MiniMoon Sat 28-Nov-20 18:59:52

Way back in April I had a rash on my forearms and hands. It was very prickly and itchy, and had the appearance of chicken pox, little vesicles.
It eventually cleared up, but the large vesicles took months to go and left a dark mark on my skin where they had been.
In August, it broke out again, but on one hand only. I still have 3 of the spots on the back of my right hand.
I've never experienced anything like it. I'm not likely to be able to find out if it was covid related, but its the only cause I can think of.
It is very strange, any thoughts?

MiniMoon Sat 28-Nov-20 19:23:01

You might like to see it or not. Anyway here it is.

And it definitely was not an allergic reaction.

Luckygirl Sat 28-Nov-20 20:14:26

Shingles?

Unusual on the arm, but not unknown.

growstuff Sat 28-Nov-20 20:53:40

A skin rash has been recognised as a symptom of Covid 19.

covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-skinrash

MiniMoon Sat 28-Nov-20 21:46:51

Couldn't possibly be shingles as I never caught chicken pox even though my sisters both had it, and then both of my children. I reckon that I have some natural immunity to it.

SisterAct Sat 28-Nov-20 22:44:30

My friend who tested positive started with a rash very similar to this 10 days into COVID . Had been told to take antihistamines and not scratch ,

grannyqueenie Sat 28-Nov-20 23:40:31

Don’t be too sure you’ve never had chickenpox. Once of mine never had it as a child despite being exposed to it many times. Years later she was tested for it as she was going to be working with patients who were immune suppressed. Test showed antibodies, so they said she must have it after all!

JenniferEccles Mon 30-Nov-20 11:47:44

What did your GP say?
He/she is the one to ask not non-medics on here.