Gransnet forums

Health

Too many chins??

(9 Posts)
Anniechip Tue 26-Jan-21 11:08:29

Good morning everyone! Has anyone else acquired an extra jowly chin in lockdown? I’ve never put weight on, I am lucky I guess, but this lockdown I’ve gained 4 or 5 extra pounds around my waist... but also my chin has definitely increased!
Any ideas to get rid please?
Stay safe everyone x

EllanVannin Tue 26-Jan-21 11:15:13

When you have as many chins as a Chinese telephone directory, then is the time to worry, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
I call it my " crop " in that area---such as a hen's got. Nothing much you can do.

sodapop Tue 26-Jan-21 13:04:08

I hate having my photo taken or being on video calls for that reason Anniechip. Does not seem to matter what angle the picture is taken from there are my chins.grin
Don't get me started on my passport photo.

Tea3 Tue 26-Jan-21 14:42:55

If it’s not chins it’s a scrawny neck. You can’t win. Just rely on your wonderful personality to cover all blemishes etc.

Jaxjacky Tue 26-Jan-21 14:48:42

Scarves!

Tea3 Tue 26-Jan-21 14:54:08

I wore what I thought was a rather attractive scarf to a family party and my 4 year old grandson kept asking loudly why Granny was wearing a scarf indoors! Given the attention this drew, I wish I’d just bared all!

Jane10 Tue 26-Jan-21 14:57:05

Polo necks?

Grannynannywanny Tue 26-Jan-21 15:01:55

Maybe we that’s why some shoppers wear their masks as chin hammocks

grannyactivist Tue 26-Jan-21 15:07:51

I've just been on my first zoom call of the day with a scarf draped artfully around my neck and the angle of the screen placed just so! What double chin? grin