Gransnet forums

Health

Pain of grief and anger

(7 Posts)
MollyAA12 Sat 19-Jun-21 17:27:50

We had a puppy and the awful dog breeder engineered that she would take it back. Long story, but some of was a scam.
That was three months ago and at night I sometimes think of the puppy any my skin literally burns and goes red. I know this is stress. If I have a bad night ( like last night) my muscles all hurt today and again I know it is grief.

When I am out and about and talk to people I forget the pains. I am getting frustrated because some days I do not get pain and then today has been horrible. Exercise helps.
Has anyone else endured this? Part of me has this horrible agner because the breeder was perfectly vile and part misses the puppy.

I have become obsessed with it all and just want some peace. Ihave started meditation and wonder if anyone else has tried it. I am doing an eight week course with a very reputable psuchologist from Oxford Unvesity who has compiled a book and there is a cd too.

Guess I just want a hand hold. My husband says it is grief and will pass.

Does anyone know of natural remedies. I don't want to take drugs. I did speak to Blue Cross volunteer who told me that when she lost a dog she felt as if she had been run over by a bus!

Newatthis Sat 19-Jun-21 17:45:05

Confused as to exactly what happened to the puppy - she took it back? How come it is still not with you? Anyway, meditation is good but you have to stick with it as it takes a while to get in to. try Yoga Nidra, this is excellent for stress and anxiety. It's not a physical exercise (like yoga) but a mental exercise. Tri a beginners programme first.

Sparklefizz Sat 19-Jun-21 17:57:12

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Try some Bach Rescue Remedy (available health stores and Amazon). It's brilliant for stress and I've been using it for over 30 years.

ElaineI Sat 19-Jun-21 20:19:09

That sounds awful but I don't understand how she could take it back? Sorry you are going through this.

Perdido Sat 19-Jun-21 20:36:39

I'm confused. You posted about this in March. My understanding was that you had wanted an older dog, bought a cockapoo puppy instead and found it too much to cope with.

Thread here:

www.gransnet.com/forums/pets/1293336-Returning-puppy-to-breeder-Has-anyone-does-this

In a subsequent thread you said:

I let her go because I knew she would be happier with another dog at the new home. That was what she wanted. We would dearly love an older dog as several of you have suggested. However, all the rescue centres are getting so many applications that it made us get a puppy.

I don't understand the references now to a vile breeder and a scam.

Three months on, have you done anything about finding an older dog to rehome?

Forgive me Molly, but you have posted in the past about the difficulties of meeting like-minded people who, like yourself, are neither parents or grandparents. You have also posted about people being too busy to see you or speak to you on the phone. Maybe loneliness is the root cause of your unhappiness rather than having to give back the puppy.

MollyAA12 Sun 20-Jun-21 06:12:24

I am amzed you have the time to read every post on every forum. Are you a moderator? When this puppy went the police were infored because of the way the puppy was taken from us. We were struggling with her and the breeder came to our house and crtiticised ever single thing we had done. She shouted at us so loudly the neighbour came round to see what was going on. I VERY reluctantly let the breeder take her.
I have had dogs since 1984. The breeder thrust £500 at my husband and got some more money from another purchaser. She then charged us £15 a day for keeping her for a fortnight before rehoming and then returned another £100 to us.

It was a ghastly situation and we feel we were bullied into giving her up.

I don't think I am lonely. I think we are all having a difficult time with the virus.

I was in an orphanage at nine months,endured a life in care and never had children.

Therefore I am now leaving gransnet. Most the the people on here all talk about families anyway.

I ave tried to confuse anyone Initially I did not want to tell the whole story.

I have work - I teach online and to be honest I don't come on here much anyway.

I wish you all well.

MollyAA12 Sun 20-Jun-21 06:51:36

One more thing before I finally leave gransnet. When this puppy went my husband did sign a relinquishment form. We were both under extreme duress at the time.

The police were dilatory and by the time they phoned us the puppy had been re homed. The relinquishment form was a problem too. We lost £800 altogether. They told us to go forward with a civil action but we decided to let her go and not disrupt her life. The breeder sold her on again as far as we know.

I am sorry if I misled people At the time I just could not find the strength to relay the whole story. It was too awful.

I know I will cope eventually. I am extremely strong after my life in care. We all need a boost sometime.

I again wish youall well. I will not be on here again. No more responses please because I won't be reading them!!
I don't like being analysed.