Gransnet forums

Health

I have mental health illnes Its not a problem

(124 Posts)
janeyxx Sat 06-Nov-21 06:46:10

I have never been ashamed nor have I hid vecause I have Mental Health illness not mental health problem because I don`t have a problem with it It`s you who has the problem I take pils for mine whats your exuse?
Stigma around mental health is still as bad today as it always has, I think the main reason for this is not ignorance or the lack of knowledg Its more of the understanding and to be able to realy unserstand a person who suffers you also have to have the illnes yourself. When the mental AWEARNESS began I can remember thinking great I did just fine going about my buisnes without been noticed but by educating people telling them what to look for so we are no longer invissable but more highlighted with a flashing head post saying OVER HERE LOOK IM MAD has made it more difficult for me to go out in crowded public places. The silly thing is when randomly my brain decides to have a dicky fit Its me that brings atension to my some what bizar behaviour, I can be going about my buisness as you do then some one will grab my attention so I look and if that person just happent to look back in my direction It is like WHAM full on Anxziety I have to leave what i am doing and get home, Its a feeling of despare panic like your life depends on It, I begen to sweat fron all corners of my body as it runs down my face back and legs I know when Its coming but I have no controll over It. I decided to stop fighting It & instead just go with the flow If I look totaly mad because im talking to the vegitable section asking it a question yes somebody is watching me who cares I take medication for my problem, whats there exuse for been so dam rude & dissrespectfull. I deal with this by taking the object walking up to them I smile then say anyone would think your wating for the carrot to answer me back even though thats just mad. I gained controll over my menal health when I excepted It and decided I no longer had a problem with It after all it defies me because it is part of who I am today, without it I would not be me. So thank you to my MENTAL HEALTH for making me mad and some times a little or maybe alot mental.

Esspee Sat 06-Nov-21 07:38:49

You are receiving help for you problems Janey, good for you.

It really doesn’t matter what other people think.

Big hug.

Hetty58 Sat 06-Nov-21 07:45:27

This isn't bad spelling - it's deliberate omissions. Either you can spell a word - or not - but it tends to be consistent.

Glenfinnan Sat 06-Nov-21 07:53:15

Hope you are having a good day today. One day at a time!

Glenfinnan Sat 06-Nov-21 07:55:12

I’ve started to get vertigo/balance problems. I think it’s my blood pressure pills but doctor says unlikely! Anyone else got the same?

Glenfinnan Sat 06-Nov-21 07:57:30

I’m starting to get vertigo/balance problems. I think it’s caused by my blood pressure pills, doctor says unlikely! Anyone else got the same?

Glenfinnan Sat 06-Nov-21 07:58:16

My apologies have posted the above in the wrong place!

FannyCornforth Sat 06-Nov-21 08:01:19

Hello Glenfinnan
I’d start a thread about your balance problems if I were you.
I’ve had labrythinitis (sp?) in the past. That was very debilitating, but went very quickly.
I had pills for it.

Janey thanks

Lucca Sat 06-Nov-21 08:10:29

Hetty58

This isn't bad spelling - it's deliberate omissions. Either you can spell a word - or not - but it tends to be consistent.

I don’t understand your post

Marydoll Sat 06-Nov-21 08:13:16

Me neither!

Janey, I couldn't scroll by, without acknowledging your post. ?

Josianne Sat 06-Nov-21 08:17:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tickingbird Sat 06-Nov-21 08:17:53

Lucca.
^Hetty58

Same here.

Lucca Sat 06-Nov-21 08:20:29

Josianne

Lucca

Hetty58

For example still is spelt correctly but a few words back pill is spelt as pil. And more.

Ok but “deliberate omissions “?.
And what has that got to do with the message anyway ?

Josianne Sat 06-Nov-21 08:30:23

Marydoll Sat 06-Nov-21 08:30:42

Im puzzled, why would anyone spend time trawling through a post looking for spelling errors?
Surely it's the content that matters?

BlueBelle Sat 06-Nov-21 08:32:09

I wish you all the luck in the world but you do come across a bit aggressive, why ? I understand you may have had judgement or not such nice treatments in the past but to come on in your first sentence and say
I don`t have a problem with it It`s you who has the problem I take pils for mine whats your exuse? seems agressive
Why not talk to us a bit more kindly you may find we are totally empathic towards you, and others may be suffering in a similar way to you gently is better
I don’t think you are correct when you say the only people who understand have to have mental illness themselves You seem to want empathy and understanding but then decry the mental health act as making you stand out more
What are you actually wanting from this post as I m confused but I m glad you have come to terms with yourself and like yourself too many of us don’t achieve that with or without help
Good luck in your life

Lucca Sat 06-Nov-21 08:32:43

Josianne

I understood "omissions" to be like the OP writes busines omitting an s, but writes awareness correctly.
But what do I know?

Ah ok. However my point was more that I don’t understand what that has to do with the post ? Was Hetty implying some deception going on ?

Josianne Sat 06-Nov-21 08:33:14

Hetty58 Sat 06-Nov-21 08:39:21

I simply wondered why someone would do that (I've noticed it before on GN - but nowhere else).

Gwyneth Sat 06-Nov-21 08:44:41

Don’t agree re stigma around mental health. There is far more understanding, concern and support for people who suffer with mental health problems today.

Baggs Sat 06-Nov-21 08:45:05

Josianne

Marydoll

Im puzzled, why would anyone spend time trawling through a post looking for spelling errors?
Surely it's the content that matters?

I'm not Marydoll, they just jump out at me! grin.

They jump out at me too but you don't have to comment on them. As mdoll says, read (and take in) the meaning not the mis-spelled words.* The post is comprehensible.

Adaptation of something an ecuadorian friend said to me once whilst worrying about his imperfect English: Listen to the meaning not the words.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 06-Nov-21 08:45:44

Janey I’m pleased that you are getting the help that you need.

However, a close family member also has various serious MH problems and is on pills etc. and they think that everyone is watching them and judging them, when we are out together I am constantly telling them that no one is watching them or looking at them or even caring what they do, but they don’t believe me.
Their paranoia is part of their MH problem.
Please don’t think that you are always being watched and judged, people are probably just going about their business.

Baggs Sat 06-Nov-21 08:46:02

Gwyneth

Don’t agree re stigma around mental health. There is far more understanding, concern and support for people who suffer with mental health problems today.

I agree, Gwyneth.

Josianne Sat 06-Nov-21 08:52:41

BlueBelle Sat 06-Nov-21 08:55:25

Well you didn’t simply wonder hetty you made a rather stark post saying it was ‘deliberate omissions’ surely spelling is of no importance when someone is putting themselves on the line