Gransnet forums

Health

Are you wearing a mask re Covid

(277 Posts)
Bea65 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:07:08

So now i've started wearing a mask again and always in Pharmacy where the staff have always done and also in the GP surgery when I've gone to get results or ask about a health issue?

Bea65 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:08:36

Am anxious about the recent new data as infections are rising and have a procedure on Tuesday so wondered if GNs were also concerned?

Chewbacca Fri 01-Jul-22 18:09:13

No, not at all.

Sparklefizz Fri 01-Jul-22 18:09:57

Yes, I have been wearing a mask all the way through because I have a number of health conditions, one of which is asthma, so I don't want to take chances. Infections are rising rapidly and I'm very concerned.

BlueBelle Fri 01-Jul-22 18:10:53

No me neither haven’t worn one for a long time My friend wears one all the time and got CoviD last week

NotSpaghetti Fri 01-Jul-22 18:11:02

Yes. I am - but I find I'm one of very few.
On the train the other day for the first time in years abd there was about 1 mask per 50 people at a guess.

Kate1949 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:11:28

I am now. We tested positive this week after all this time and all our jabs. We had become complacent.

Calendargirl Fri 01-Jul-22 18:12:16

DH had a GP appointment yesterday, we had our masks but were told it was optional and patient choice if you wore them.

The doctor had his on at first, but took it off when talking to us.

We didn’t wear ours, very few did.

Farzanah Fri 01-Jul-22 18:17:09

Yes I do and will continue.

IwasaMaidofKent Fri 01-Jul-22 18:27:27

No and I wont again in anywhere other than a healthcare setting, but only with a medical grade FFP3 mask.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 01-Jul-22 18:30:59

No I only wear a mask now in a medical setting. Pharmacy or the Drs.

M0nica Fri 01-Jul-22 18:34:48

No.

Nandalot Fri 01-Jul-22 18:37:06

We have started wearing again with this new wave. We did catch Covid earlier this year despite all the vaccinations and the booster. I think the new variant might slip through and seems to be very infectious.

MayBee70 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:38:11

Not that I go anywhere but, if I do I shall wear a mask.

Hithere Fri 01-Jul-22 18:39:06

Never stopped

Anyway, I have one bug or the other from daycare so it doesnt hurt

Yammy Fri 01-Jul-22 18:41:02

My DH has always been the Covid police and when he was still wearing his mask last week while shopping in M&S I thought he was being overcautious when no one else was. Due to the numbers rising I am going to start again as from today when I am in confined places with a lot of people. I don't care who stares.
But it is a big one we have family visiting multiply times during the summer and looking after GD for a week do I dare ask them to do a test before arriving?

TerriBull Fri 01-Jul-22 18:43:14

NOT anymore, I see a number of very elderly people when out and about with them on, pretty much always worn under the nose, which isn't a lot of use really confused

On an EasyJet flight a week or so ago, we were asked to wear a mask so we put ours on, and looked around the plane and about 5 people in total obliged, the cabin crew intermittently had them on and off, all a bit futile really.

I did have one on through the duration of my hairdressing appointment the other day, as did my hairdresser.

BlueSky Fri 01-Jul-22 18:45:42

Only in healthcare settings for curtesy to others who could be battling other diseases. But they should be the proper ones not the flimsy fashion ones to be of any use!

MerylStreep Fri 01-Jul-22 18:51:00

No.
Our doctors have given up demanding that we wear them.

BlueBelle Fri 01-Jul-22 18:53:17

When I went to hospital last week they were all wearing them in Aand E and we were told to ….however in the eye clinic no one was wearing them so we didn’t

rosie1959 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:57:46

No have not worn one for quite some time very few people actually wearing them.
Bliss could not stand the horrible things

Wheniwasyourage Fri 01-Jul-22 18:59:26

Yes, required at outpatients. I'm also wearing one on public transport and in most shops, unless the door is open and I'm just in and out.

I'll be quite happy to keep wearing one as it is not a problem and may do a lot of good in preventing the spread.

growstuff Fri 01-Jul-22 19:01:09

Yes. I've never stopped wearing one in enclosed spaces, especially healthcare settings, even though they are no longer compulsory. I haven't been infected with any variant yet.

growstuff Fri 01-Jul-22 19:02:33

And I give anybody who isn't wearing one a very wide berth.

AreWeThereYet Fri 01-Jul-22 19:06:26

We still wear ours when indoors in crowded places like shopping centres, and on public transport. We don't even notice anymore, our masks fit well and are comfortable. So far neither of us has had Covid (that we know of). We do get stared at now and again now that so few people wear masks but just ignore it. During lock down I resented the time spent making masks that fitted well and were comfortable to wear, thinking they would get chucked out in a few months, but now I think that time was well spent.