Gransnet forums

Health

Connect Health in partnership with NHS

(24 Posts)
tanith Wed 17-Aug-22 11:01:14

Has anyone had any dealings with Connect Health NHS? It seems it’s a private company which NHS is outsourcing to.

Long story short 7 mths after seeing my GP I’ve had an X-ray been to Orthotics and now had an online assessment and phone call for physio assessment given the number to ring for a physical face to face appointment to be told there are no appointments available an ring back in a few days to see if there is a cancellation. They have 6 centres none in my area unless you count a train and bus ride as being in my area.

I might as well give up trying I’m just fortunate that I’ve not been in an accident and require physio just to walk or move.
The NHS is finished if this is what it comes to it’s very sad.

paddyann54 Wed 17-Aug-22 11:14:45

This is from the anti WM Truss/Sunak demo in Perth last night .
You dont hear /see these opinions on MSM ...

mobile.twitter.com/PhantomPower14/status/1559632144821010434?s=20&t=RfHd5uEWg-jbJloGUi1CsA&fbclid=IwAR2DsuCiljQUawUDDrNsmmHsY4rpat5qZdUZSVT9ICMh6KIv4b-4OBWOZMI&fs=e&s=cl

Its a shame so many unionists think the Independence movement,anti WM is only peopled by the unemployed ,ill educated or ill informed as often said on here .There are tens of thousands of us who are like this couple ,unwilling to let WM take away any more of the few powers we have.NHS Scotland is the best performing of the 4 nations and has consistently been for the past 7 years .

spabbygirl Wed 17-Aug-22 12:25:31

excellent video, anyone know how I can transfer it to Facebook?

Callistemon21 Wed 17-Aug-22 12:41:52

paddyann if you are looking at the UK regionally rather than by countries of the UK, then some regions of England have performed far better than others and in fact better than Scotland.
Wales is, I think, not doing well at all but some regions may be better than others here.

The North East and Yorkshire came out top of all regions, I believe.

Callistemon21 Wed 17-Aug-22 12:43:23

tanith, no I haven't heard of Connect Health but I hope you keep persisting and get the help you need.

It's all very depressing.

SueDonim Wed 17-Aug-22 13:04:01

Scotland has the best performing NHS in the UK? That’s the biggest laugh I’ve had for months. hmm I’ve been waiting for treatment and an operation from the Scottish NHS since October 2019! My condition is now far worse and having a considerable impact on my life. I may now have to dig deep in my purse and pay privately for surgery. angry

HousePlantQueen Wed 17-Aug-22 13:05:38

Paddyann. only peopled by the unemployed ,ill educated or ill informed as often said on here. A very unfair comment in my opinion, especially as the thread is to do with Connect Health, the unavailability of services within the NHS and not with the SNP or Independence.

Yes, there are more and more services being outsourced which is privatisation by stealth, and of course, so many treatments are no longer available anywhere on the NHS. I have recently had need of a physio and didn't even bother trying to see my GP, just booked and paid for it privately, but not everyone is fiscally or physically able to do so. This country is sleep walking into the privatisation of all public services, and going by the magnificent job that the energy and water companies have made of it, we need to be very afraid, and stop voting for the party which is doing it.

tanith Wed 17-Aug-22 13:12:06

Thanks for all the input, to be honest it’s 7 mths too late now I should of just bit the bullet and paid to see a physio but sadly that’s exactly what this Tory government wants me to do.
???

Casdon Wed 17-Aug-22 13:24:48

Callistemon21

paddyann if you are looking at the UK regionally rather than by countries of the UK, then some regions of England have performed far better than others and in fact better than Scotland.
Wales is, I think, not doing well at all but some regions may be better than others here.

The North East and Yorkshire came out top of all regions, I believe.

There’s very little evidence about comparative performance of the four nations’ healthcare systems in the last five years, it’s all anecdote and limited measurement to suit the organisation that’s written it. There’s lots of political rhetoric saying x country is better than y country, but all using very limited parameters to suit the political motive.

This is the best I could find, which indicates that at a UK wide level, the best care is actually provided in the North East of England.
healthcaretransformers.com/healthcare-business/uk-healthcare-hotspots/
If anybody can find anything more comprehensive, not written for political motives, I’d love to see it.

growstuff Wed 17-Aug-22 14:15:43

Interesting link Casdon. Look at the list on the right ... digital health, artificial intelligence, telehealth - that's the direction healthcare is heading.

PS. Why are only places in the north of England listed?

growstuff Wed 17-Aug-22 14:17:54

This is a list of places where Connect Health operate:

www.nhs.uk/Services/Trusts/HospitalsAndClinics/DefaultView.aspx?id=3123

I don't know if it's up-to-date.

Casdon Wed 17-Aug-22 14:27:18

growstuff

Interesting link Casdon. Look at the list on the right ... digital health, artificial intelligence, telehealth - that's the direction healthcare is heading.

PS. Why are only places in the north of England listed?

Frustratingly you can only see England’s data without signing up growstuff. To see the different areas of England, go to the chart marked ‘The best locations to live in the UK for healthcare’, and you can change pages at the bottom of the chart. The search bar to change the page to Scotland, Wales or NI doesn’t work for me - but as the headline was UK, I assume that’s what they mean. It does look quite a good comparison tool.

GagaJo Wed 17-Aug-22 14:32:35

I've been referred to similar for severe plantar fascitis. I'm not able to walk. GP told me to self refer for an online group consultation (!) with a physio. 8 week wait. 3 months before the 2nd group consultation.

It's almost not worth it.

tanith Wed 17-Aug-22 14:43:03

Maybe people will at last wake up!!!

Alie2Oxon Wed 17-Aug-22 15:13:55

Is ConnectHealth the same sort of company as 'HealthShare' (in Oxfordshire) which I've given up on? It sounds very similar!

tanith Wed 17-Aug-22 15:27:47

Could very well be Alie

Aveline Wed 17-Aug-22 15:34:21

Of course the lowest life expectancy in Europe has nothing to do with the wonderful Scottish NHS or other aspects of life in SNP run Scotland Paddyann?

Cressida Wed 17-Aug-22 15:54:51

There is a map on the Connect Health website showing their locations. www.connecthealth.co.uk/patient-information

Casdon Wed 17-Aug-22 17:05:19

Aveline

Of course the lowest life expectancy in Europe has nothing to do with the wonderful Scottish NHS or other aspects of life in SNP run Scotland Paddyann?

Scotland doesn’t have the lowest life expectancy at birth in Europe Aveline, I think you mean lowest life expectancy of the UK nations - although if you break it down by local authority area the lowest male healthy life expectancy at birth is actually Blackpool (53.7 years), followed by Belfast (54.4 years) and Glasgow (54.6 years). Quite shocking figures. Life expectancy is as much to do with lifestyle choices as healthcare provision though, as I’m sure you know, and wealthier areas are populated by people who make healthier lifestyle choices. All governments can do is to tax unhealthy habits and promote healthy ones - by the time people need NHS care they are usually already unhealthy.

Aveline Wed 17-Aug-22 17:29:22

Just saw this. Might explain our colossal level of drugs deaths. Far in excess of anywhere in Europe. Nicola's response ,' I took my eye off the ball'. ?

paddyann54 Wed 17-Aug-22 22:04:37

n the week ending 7 August 2022, demand at Scotland’s A&E departments climbed from 24 699 to 24 731.

Despite that 67.9% were seen in 4 hours, up from 66.3% and 65% in the previous two weeks.

Those waiting over 8 hours fell from 2 798 to 2 541 and those waiting over 12 hours fell from 1 040 to 916.

Only Scotland publishes weekly figures but in July, the figure was only 57%. For the local health trusts in the constituencies of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, the figures were positively ‘third world’ at 47.5%, 39.3% and 45.8% (Darlington is nearest). Local MPs have a duty to constituents to do something about this. Sturgeon’s local hospitals in Glasgow did 68.8%.

Sources:

www.publichealthscotland.scot/publications/nhs-performs-weekly-update-of-emergency-department-activity-and-waiting-time-statistics/nhs-performs-weekly-update-of-emergency-department-activity-and-waiting-time-statistics-week-ending-7-august-2022/

www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/ae-waiting-times-and-activity/

www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/ae-waiting-times-and-activity/ae-attendances-and-emergency-admissions-2022-23/
Sponsored Content
[Photos] Rowan Atkinson's Car Cost Him $12.2M, and This Is What It Looks Like Telehealth Dave | Sponsored
[Pics] This Is Why Meghan Markle Had To Leave UK
[Pics] This Is Why Meghan Markle Had To Leave UK BuzzFond | Sponsored
10 Early Alzheimer's Symptoms
10 Early Alzheimer's Symptoms BuzzFond | Sponsored
[Pics] Where Gordon Ramsay Lives At 55 Maybe Surprised You
[Pics] Where Gordon Ramsay Lives At 55 Maybe Surprised You Health Clipboard | Sponsored
[Pics] Plant Bananas All Over Your Garden, Look What Happens 1 Week Later
[Pics] Plant Bananas All Over Your Garden, Look What Happens 1 Week Later TheDecorIdeas | Sponsored
[Pics] Dad Laughs At Boy's DIY House, Then Sees The Inside
[Pics] Dad Laughs At Boy's DIY House, Then Sees The Inside BuzzFond | Sponsored
[Pics] Man Buys Boeing 727 for $100k and Turns It into His Home. Look Inside
[Pics] Man Buys Boeing 727 for $100k and Turns It into His Home. Look Inside TheDecorIdeas | Sponsored
[Pics] At 60, Obama Moves To This Modest House, Take A Look Inside
[Pics] At 60, Obama Moves To This Modest House, Take A Look Inside BuzzAura | Sponsored
How Much Is My House Worth? Check Your Estimate
How Much Is My House Worth? Check Your Estimate Real Estate | Search Ads | Sponsored
August 16, 2022 johnrobertson834
Share this:

TwitterFacebook

Like this:
Related

Sturgeon’s Glasgow emergency departments are a shocking 68% faster than those in the Norfolk constituency of Liz Truss
August 2, 2022
With 10 comments

PM’s local A&E department like ‘third world’
June 16, 2022
With 6 comments

Labour MSP deceives on Glasgow emergency waiting times which are far better than in Labour Wales
August 11, 2022
With 4 comments

Casdon Wed 17-Aug-22 22:15:16

What are you trying to prove paddyann54, I don’t understand? That in one week the A&E waiting times in Scotland were better than in other parts of of the UK? I’m not having a go at the Scottish healthcare system, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer - you have to look at all the parameters for different services over a long period to be able to judge between different systems. If, on a wide range of parameters over a period of at least a year the performance of the Scottish healthcare system is the best then you’ve proved your case.

SueDonim Wed 17-Aug-22 22:20:06

I’ve been waiting nearly three years in Scotland’s health system. I don’t give a fig for what-aboutery regarding Johnson/Sunak/Truss’s constituencies.

Callistemon21 Wed 17-Aug-22 22:20:57

I am confused paddyann

Rowan Atkinson's car???

I know how much my house is worth, we just had it valued. However, it is reall only worth what someone will pay for it.