Gransnet forums

Health

Corns!!

(12 Posts)
Glenfinnan Tue 27-Sep-22 13:23:04

Anyone have a remedy to get rid of a painful corn? I have one on the in side of my small toe. I’ve had it ‘removed’ by chiropodist many times, I’ve used corn removal pads…but after 2/3 weeks it’s back!

crazyH Tue 27-Sep-22 13:33:35

I suffer from everything else, except corns. So, I have no advice except to hope someone will come along with good advice for you

Whiff Tue 27-Sep-22 13:43:03

This may sound gross but I just use my scholl battery operated hard skin file and grind my corns down once every 2 weeks . I have 2 on one foot.

Charleygirl5 Tue 27-Sep-22 15:22:08

Like crazyH I am corn free but with other problems.

Have you googled it because somebody may have a simple solution which does not cost much.

B9exchange Tue 27-Sep-22 15:28:03

DH uses Head and Shoulders anti dandruff neat on his, goodness knows how he discovered that, but swears it works! grin

3dognight Tue 27-Sep-22 15:54:08

I just get the nail clippers and snip mine out! I dare say this is not the recommended method, but for a tiny corn on the outside of my little toe it works. Have to do it every month or so though.

midgey Tue 27-Sep-22 17:07:17

Agree with Whiff, buy yourself a battery powered hard skin file. It’s an investment!

MayBee70 Tue 27-Sep-22 17:14:13

I’ve has one on the side of my little toe for nearly forty years. Started when I had some super soft tight fitting shoes. Had it removed a couple of time but to be honest I just cut it out with sharp scissors on a regular basis. It used to feel as if a nail was being pushed into the side of my foot. It’s one of several problems I have with my feet, the other foot having the mother of all bunions.

Glenfinnan Tue 27-Sep-22 18:24:19

Thank you all! ??

MaizieD Tue 27-Sep-22 18:31:17

I'm afraid that the one I had in the same position was easily removed with corn plasters. But it did return if I wore shoes that rubbed. So I take care not to wear rubbing shoes if at all possible.

Floradora9 Tue 27-Sep-22 21:46:06

I remember my mum using a razor blade to cut her corns . Happy to say I have never had one .

Glenfinnan Wed 28-Sep-22 13:47:26

Used the power foot file last night and finished off with head and shoulders shampoo!! So fingers crossed!! Thank you all again!